z

Young Writers Society

Pokémon: New Horizon OOC

How common do you think Restored Pokémon should be?

Extinct; they should still only be fossils.
No votes
Currently exctinct; research on restoring them should still be in its early phases.
No votes
Extremely rare; research on restoring them should be in its late phases.
No votes
Very rare; some should have been restored already, but very few trainers know about this.
29%
Rare; most should be restored already, but not many trainers know about this and very few trainers actually own any.
29%
Uncommon; all of them should be restored already, and though many trainers know about them, few actually own any.
43%
Common; all of them should be restored already, and not only do all trainers know about them, but some also own one or more.
No votes
Extremely common; everybody knows about them and nobody is really surprised to encounter one.
No votes

Total votes : 7

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:24 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Yo Hunter any idea what the first posts might be about? Are we going to do a bit from the video/interview, or just jump right in?
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:53 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Awesome question, @Ventomology! (And by the way? I love the scetch of Peony and Whisk that you're using as an avatar.) I'll be quite busy until next week Tuesday, so I likely shan't get my first post up before then, but for now, what I'm planning on establishing is that all sixty-four participants need to meet at some yacht club in Vancouver, where Ezra will introduce himself and then show them all aboard the cruise ship HQ. For now, you can start brainstorming what you want to do within that time, since it's just exposition — it'll be an excellent opportunity for interacting with other characters, so collaborate away! — but since I realise preferences differ, I've put up a poll posing the two options available to everyone. Once my post is up, the rest of you can then write as you please, but keep everyone up to date on how posts are progressing so that we don't work past each other and end up establishing conflicting timelines.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:04 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@fraey That means we'll have at least two Umbreons in the SB, because Heitor is totally getting one too! Not that it's a surprise, though, it's quite the fan-favorite :3 I don't suppose we'll have the same moveset though, so it's all good

@AstralHunter Oooh, okay! Welp, I'd prefer if we just reached the yacht club on our own first, personally, so I guess I'll go for the second option. Thanks for the detailed info, as usual!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:22 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Well, @TinkerTwaggy, there are also three Raltses/Kirlias, two Shinxes/Luxios, two Togepies, and two future Magikarps in the story, so duplicate Pokémon are hardly a cause for concern. It makes sense that people in real life would have similar favourites, so yeah, playing spot-the-difference will indeed be part of the fun! ;P

You're welcome regarding the information! I realised after putting the second option down that it'll probably be the more popular option, but hey! Anything for me to keep you lot busy and engaged and off my case for not posting! 'XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:59 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Ventomology, since I've started with the introductory post, I can now inform you and everyone else that our cast will start in the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club — a link to the most relevant page on its site is below. Unfortunately, our characters have to be in evening wear (that's how formal attire is called, right?), since Ezra's second-in-command wanted to have a proper reception for the participants. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but otherwise, you can start writing your posts, should you wish! Mine will just be character introduction and interaction anyway.

~ Link: Royal Vancouver Yacht Club
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:03 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Hmm I might wait to see how far you get in that post hunter. But, I'm thinking of hosting a little get-to-know-you in wfp so we can all get a somewhat better idea of each other's characters. A sort of casual little brainstorming/rp. Maybe sometime on Saturday morning in Pacific Time, if that would work for people.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:53 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

That sounds like a fun idea @Ventomology! Role-playing with new characters can only lead to cool things. ^^
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

293 Reviews

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:16 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Ventomology, that sounds like a splendid idea! I'll try to pop in if I can, but if not, I hope you and the attendees find benefit in it! Roleplaying is as fraey says, in addition to being good for getting to know your own character and how they'd behave. As for my post, since it'll be Connor's, he's probably not going to interact with too many characters, so if you want some in particular, just let me know and I'll leave them out of mine. XD
— Paul the Apostle

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:25 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Sounds like fun, @Ventomology! Lemme know when you plan it and hopefully WFP cooperates with us. XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

293 Reviews

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:49 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Speaking of that, a Google Doc set to public would be a good backup, since WFP has been extremely unstable lately.
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:33 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Aight aight aight. Here's the plan.

Assuming that this phone call I have to take with my friend, who doesn't normally call, doesn't include bad news, and assuming that wfp decides to behave, I'll be putting up a link to a pad at , and should be there for... oh, 2 to 3 hours? Longer, if the turnout is good. If turnout is bad, and Hunter is slow about putting up that first post, I'll host a second little brainstorm-rp at a different time.

Later y'all.

557 Reviews

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:11 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

https://ventomology.writerfeedpad.com/55

EDIT: wfp freaked out like 20 minutes in, so go here instead - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pg8 ... sp=sharing

EDIT AGAIN: the google doc will stay open basically forever, so drop in anytime! I'll be around during my evenings, just checking in to see if anyone's added anything and to reply to anyone who has.

Come join me!!

293 Reviews

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

All right, everyone! I'm still busy with my post, but I don't like leaving loose strings lying around, so here are some images of the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club (hence abbreviated to RVYC)! The spoiler shows regular images that I found on Google. Here's a video made by the club that shows some snippets of the building and interior (the dining room specifically).
~ https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... dGRjVERVJB

Keep in mind that the first floor hosts the Star and Dragon restaurant, but our characters will all be on the second floor. The marine lounge is to the west, the dining room presumably in the centre, and the model room and sun deck to the east. (The entrance faces south.) The sun deck connects to the dining room. All of the second floor is available to us, which includes a library, though I have yet to encounter any images of it.

I also found some lovely photos of a wedding that took place at the club, which you can view following the link beneath this paragraph. The tables are in the marine lounge, while the dining room has been cleared out to serve as a dance floor and mingling area. We'll use this setup for the SB too, meaning the dining room and patio/balcony will be open, while the marine lounge will be where everyone will have lunch. The model room and library are open to those who'd want to go there, and since there's also a boardroom somewhere in the building, people can also go there for privacy.
~ https://www.willpursell.com/blog/vancou ... ub-wedding

Spoiler! :
Front View

Dining Room (Centre Upper Floor)

Marine Lounge (Western Upper Floor)

Dining Room and Sun Deck (Eastern Upper Floor)

As an additional note, below is a code box that shows the full header we'll be using. Obviously, when writing your posts, you'll usually leave out the first two parts and include only everything after that. When somebody other than me starts an act or chapter, I'll let them know what the title should be.

Code: Select all
[center][b][small-caps][size=200]Act X: Act Title[/size]
[size=150]Chapter #: Chapter Title[/size][/small-caps]

[size=120]Character Name[/size]
Scene [x]: Post Title[/b][/center]

Post text.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:42 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

And so, it begins, everyone! Whoever posts next, remember that only your character's name and "Scene ii: [Post Title]" should be in the header. I can't wait to see everyone else's posts! :D

Now, having said that, I very much enjoyed writing my post, but there's a scene in it that's my first-ever attempt at writing one like it. If anybody has any feedback on that scene or any part of the post (or the post as a whole), I'd love to hear it!
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:43 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Fun post! You already got my feedback and comments, so I'll not spoil everyone else by copy-pasting them.

And thanks for the new poll! You reminded le I really wanna train a Leafeon, as well as a Glaceon, at some point!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights