z

Young Writers Society

Pokémon: New Horizon OOC

How common do you think Restored Pokémon should be?

Extinct; they should still only be fossils.
No votes
Currently exctinct; research on restoring them should still be in its early phases.
No votes
Extremely rare; research on restoring them should be in its late phases.
No votes
Very rare; some should have been restored already, but very few trainers know about this.
29%
Rare; most should be restored already, but not many trainers know about this and very few trainers actually own any.
29%
Uncommon; all of them should be restored already, and though many trainers know about them, few actually own any.
43%
Common; all of them should be restored already, and not only do all trainers know about them, but some also own one or more.
No votes
Extremely common; everybody knows about them and nobody is really surprised to encounter one.
No votes

Total votes : 7

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:58 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Okay, yeah, that makes a lot more sense, thank goodness. XD

Also, the thing about Mewtwo makes sense, since it is supposed to be the most savage of all Pokémon.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:33 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Yeah, exactly. That and um, its depiction in Origins also shows another very important aspect of Mewtwo: he's a mutated creation. His screams are mutated, his movements are erratic and violent, and he's only really in control when no human's around to bother him. Which I think is pretty cool.

(Clearly still a Psychic-type, though: dude casts Reflect to deal with an incoming Slash move, then converts the energy of the shield into Psychic around the foe to imprison it, and blast said foe away. GENIUS.)

↑ I digress, but this was awesome, so I'm just gushing a bit XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:13 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Obligitory "I am here and I am interested" post :P

But not too here because I'm still away from home for the next month :P
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:42 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

I know I haven't officially posted in the DT until now but I'm working on my CP, and it should be up by the end of the day. That being said, I'll be pretty erratic as far as activity until Monday and then I'll just straight up be gone for a solid week, since I'll be camping off in the woods with no cell reception.

Just a heads up y'all!
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:18 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Everyone, please take note that I have updated the character template to reflect some additions that certain participants proposed! @Ventomology and @ScarlettFire, your character profiles have been approved, but please ensure that you view the updated template so you know what to add. I have some things I want to discuss with both of you (that sounds more ominous than it is XD), so I'll message you tomorrow!

In other news, my first character profile is also finally up, so if anyone wants to work off an example, you now have one! My second profile will follow soon. I can't wait to see with which characters you all come forward! :D

@SpiritedWolfe and @Featherstone, your interest is delightedly welcomed and your partial presence solemnly acknowledged!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:58 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I have now approved the second wave of profiles! I once again regret to say that I didn't fully read through all of the CPs, which is a pity, since I did scan through them and they're all such pretties and arrrgh! But worry not! I have five hours of doing basically nothing except freeze at work tomorrow, so I shall use the love and effort you have all put into your characters to keep me warm! (Yes, even the biting sarcasm some of them have will keep away the biting wind. ;P) I have more of you to message privately now, since I see the movesets have been kept to the minimum. Allow me to announce this again:

There are no move limits.

Haha, yes, that means I shall turn all your cute companions into terrifying monsters, buahahaha!

My second character profile also went up with the new wave (sorry about it jumping the queue — I submitted both incomplete profiles with the intent of completing them later, since WFP was being a mean word at the time, and simply approved them once I was done). It was a ton of fun to write... since it wasn't strictly speaking me who wrote it. I supervised, naturally, but I let Jake write it himself. Yeah, yeah, I'm one of those people. If only you knew the full story with the people inside my head, OH BOY. XD I also usually write my posts by myself, but I'll let him do that too. It'll be a first! I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Anyway, enough rambling! I shall return tomorrow with actual feedback! For now, I adore how quickly you lovelies are creating these profiles. The sooner we're done with that phase, the sooner we can begin writing introduction posts!
— Paul the Apostle

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:08 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Bahahaha admittedly, I wasn't sure what to do about the movesets. THE FREEDOM TERRIFIED ME.

But I am willing to make at least a couple of them VICIOUS BEASTS TO BE FEARED.

I like this development.
I make my own policies.

293 Reviews

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:15 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Okay, I have finally started catching up! I still have two approved profiles left to read, as well as three newly submitted ones, so I'll try my best to get to them tomorrow. Here is part of the promised commentary!

@Ventomology, Peony is surprisingly more serious than her previous incarnation. Any particular reason? I feel like her professionalism masking inner panic is how many adults go through life. XD But I can't wait to see her in action during a contest, though!

@ScarlettFire, I can already see how Bryne and Jake will get along fabulously! I'm not sure how the cast will respond to not one, but two unabashed flirts... but I'm sure it'll be hilarious and awesome to read! XD

@Featherstone, Kele strikes me as a dedicated Breeder and a determined battler! I love the attention to detail in her outfit, but I would expect nothing less from a true birdkeeper. ;P

• @Omnom, the image in the profile admittedly startedly me a bit, since I wasn't expecting a sketch of a man aged 30+ to be used for someone more than a decade younger. Corrick also seems... well, a bit unfriendly. But that's exactly why it'll be interesting to see his interactions with the other characters! And his Pokémon are simply adorable, especially the aptly named Brat.
— Paul the Apostle

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:08 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@AstralHunter yeah! But that sketch doesn't look that old xD I thought that it looks reasonable for someone who's 20, maybe just that he looks older than his age. I know personally I've been mistaken for a thirty year old before and I'm only 22 D:
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:12 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Really? He gave me the impression of a 30+ years old, personally! With the sketch, I mean. shrugs Maybe it's a cultural thing at this point.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:06 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Oh man I'm so slow! I'll try to write one as soon as possible!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:55 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Haha, @AstralHunter I can just imagine these two just shamelessly flirting with each other the whole time. And making bets about everyone else’s reactions to their shameless flirting xD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:01 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Haha I wrote another very serious character for another SB that didn't go anywhere, and I thought it'd be fun to explore that again.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:12 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@PrincessInk and @Dilbert64, if you're having any difficulties with writing your character profiles, please don't hesitate to message me for help! I'm more than willing to assist, and in at least one of your cases, I'll most likely need to. I've added a link to the official WFP in the first post of the DT!

@ScarlettFire, that'd be epic. XD

@Ventomology, I'm glad you did! Peony's a character of whom I definitely wanted to see more.

The promised commentary continues and concludes! *is proud of self* I'll nab people for discussing their profiles as I see them come online (most likely on Discord, but also here).

• @fraey, Vadim will probably be totally out of sorts for most of the adventure. He seems like he's perfectly happy being a "farmboy" out in the countryside — of course, since his home is St Peterburg, he might actually be in the city itself, rather than outside it, but the idea I'm getting is that he follows a rural more than an urban lifestyle — so it'll be neat to see him interacting with so many new people and environments.

@JabberHut, everything about your profile, from Lilly herself to each of her little Pokémon friends, is absolutely adorable. I wonder if you'll be getting Everstones, since I can imagine that you simply wouldn't want any of the tiny sweethearts to grow up. They're just so... ARGH! <3

• @Sheyren, Haunani seems so sweet, but also so sad! D: Like with all the other characters so far, I can totally see why Ezra would pick her after their interview. I can't wait, but am at the same time terrified, to see a Larvesta put its trainer in her place. XD

@TinkerTwaggy, what did I say about backstory in the personality sections?! XD Don't worry, though; I'm letting people keep what they wrote. And what you wrote definitely makes for a cool and unusual Trainer. The same goes for Heitor's Pokémon! I loved Lippa last time, and though Pokémon unfortunately cannot say their names anymore, I'm sure I'll love her as much this time!

• Tort, it's interesting how a socially awkward girl like Emma is a Coordinator. One would expect her to be a Trainer too, but nope! It'll be fun to see her interactions with the other characters, and since psychics can sometimes come across as creepy, I don't doubt she'll unfortunately come across as that too. XD

@TheSilverFox, Nathan is about as sweet and amusing as he was before. I appreciate that he doesn't bike indoors (;P), but I find it endearing that he rebels by acting normally. Poor boy will constantly need to dress smartly for the official events, so I wonder if the other characters will notice and comment on it. But hey, at least they won't expect him to pay for as many things as his previous incarnation did! ^_^
— Paul the Apostle

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:53 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

I’m replaying Pokémon HeartGold right now, and I am very tempted to switch out/have Vadim eventually evolve a Magikarp into Gyarados because the transformation is so great XD Plus since it’s a lot easier to catch Eevees in the later games, I might just have Vadim evolving one into Umbreon because I absolutely love that Pokémon. Just writing this down here so I don’t forget later lol.

Also, yes, Vadim is very much an outside-of-the-city dude, and he cares more about his Pokémon than pretty much anything else. This seems like a very fun SB to write in lol.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
— Franz Kafka