Young Writers Society

Dynasty Undying DT

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:14 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Welcome to Dynasty Undying! This is a Sci-Fi Storybook that features an actual game of thrones (patent pending, some writer has stolen the name from me...) after the death of the pirate admiral, between three factions! Each of the three factions also have power struggles within their own faction. So, in essence, there are three stories going on at the same time as the larger conflict happens.

Spaces are definitely open for each side of the conflict! This can be as large a Storybook as we want, with as many participants as we want. This is essentially three mini-storybooks in one larger conflict, so it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

@ScarlettFire @soundofmind @Europa you all said you were interested in this (some longer ago than others XD) so I'm pinging you all now!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:24 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

*sneaks in quietly* I am still interested! XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:30 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@ScarlettFire Woo! Glad to have you :D still want the widow's step-son?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Of course!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:32 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I definitely want to join but I'm not yet sure whether I want to be the rebel captain or the UIE spy

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:51 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Sounds interesting but I’m not sure where or how I’d fit in here yet. I do like the Rebellion though.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:26 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Europa glad to have you! No biggie on whoever you choose :d

@Lael you can always create a spot in the Rebels that would fit who you have in mind! Those slots that I have right now were just ideas

sass levels loading

[he/him]

81 Reviews

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:00 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

@Omnom thanks! I just don’t know where to start yet, so I’ll just be doing some more thinking first.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:31 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey @Omnom! This looks really interesting, so just wanted you to know that I'm interested but still not completely sure I'll be able to join. If I do, I'll have a CP up by next week if that's okay.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:12 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@LordZeus no problem, glad to have you, if you can join

@Lael I have not forgotten about the admiral's CT :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

81 Reviews

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:45 pm
Lael says...

What is the Rebel ‘Captain’ position? Is that the big, secret leader or just a leader of like a squadron/sector of the rebellion?

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:21 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

I... should not, by any logic of life and busy-ness.

But, um.

Tell me your feelings about the Admiral having a sibling (who's either an ex-pirate neutral party or with one of the non-pirate factions).
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

81 Reviews

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 am
View Likes
Lael says...

@ChildofNowhere :O I had a similar idea! Except maybe a much younger sibling or niece/nephew who is a part of the rebellion.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

@Lael

Perhaps, if family members are okay, we can do a parent-child duo (making me the Admiral's sibling, and you the Admiral's niece/nephew)?

If that sounds like something you want to do, I'm thinking my character left the Fleet to infiltrate the Rebels, and then had your character who grew up to be an actual rebel and who doesn't know their parent has basically been lying to them (and my character's loyalties are kind of split at this point, which I'm always fond of writing)—or, if you don't want yours to have grown up a rebel, mine could've had the kid back when they were a pirate, and then both they and your character ended up with the rebels for different reasons later (and either know each other or are completely estranged)

(if that was a ramble that made no sense, I'll elaborate when I'm not half asleep xD)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

81 Reviews

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:36 am
View Likes
Lael says...

@Childofnowhere I like the idea of my character being a real rebel and finding out their parent lied about allegiance. Maybe we could do that. @Omnom said he was open to family members when I talked to him before. :)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss