Young Writers Society

Aether's Heart OOC

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:52 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

psst hi friends, I'm gonna go ahead and post the second post (once I finish typing it. I would love to know if everyone is still in on this and up for writing it :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:32 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I hate to do this, but I think I’m going to have to drop out. I’m having trouble juggling things right now, and I just don’t have time to give this SB the attention it deserves. I’m really sorry.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:41 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Europa it's totally okay! We will always be willing to welcome you back with open arms if/when you feel you can join back <3

sass levels loading

[he/him]

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:59 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

I'm available to continue
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:46 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I’m still down for continuing! Just... let me get better or something first pls?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:13 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Europa would you like for me/us to keep your character in the story (vaguely attached) if you would ever like to return or would you like me to remove them from the story?

@Chaser @AlyTheBookworm yay!

@ScarlettFire for sure! I hope you get to feeling better <3

@AvantCoffee what about you? Would you like to continue with us?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:05 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

*stumbles in late*

Ooh! I really would like to say yes, but I'm also about to begin my first trimester of studies this year and I don't yet know how much I can put on my plate until I get a sense of that. Would it be possible to keep my character in the story until I have a better sense of things next month?

(Also I'm so happy you're still around Om!! c: )

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:28 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@AvantCoffee of course! I totally get that, I'm still settling in myself for my new semester. I'd still love to hear what you thought about the latest post and what it means for the story (and that goes for everyone else too haha)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:49 am
View Likes
Omni says...

This is a little (lot) late BUT

Level Up!

Quite a few times lol, we went from level one/two to level five which means there's quite a few upgrades for everyone. Feel free to do these when you have free time, they're not as important as writing a post if you have to decide between the two.

So, here are the rewards:

• 85 Gildar
      This is our currency. @Chaser you also got 20 more Gildar from your exchange in your post
  • 1 Prophecy Power
  • 1 Talent
  • 1 Hextech Slot
  • 1 Uncommon Weapon/Offhand and 1 Armor Piece Upgrade
      This is to allow you to upgrade one of your weapons and armor from Common to Uncommon. This makes them a bit stronger and provides you with some kind of added benefit. These will get more beneficial the better upgrades we get.
    • @ScarlettFire (I still need your Common gear and descriptions I believe) @AlyTheBookworm @Chaser @AvantCoffee

Please let me know if you would like help with any of this :D I know it can get confusing if you aren't familiar with it, so I'm totally willing and able to help ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:02 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

YAY!

And I shall return soon to give you that stuff once I've finished writing a post for this and checked the Tome. XD

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:46 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

double posting but shhhh

I POSTED AND I'M SORRY. IT'S LIKE 2.5K. Enjoy?

Also, okay. Stuff earned, etc.... Um. I'm gonna toss it into a spoiler and come back to edit or something, k? @Omnom pretty sure I already did the common ones? (I checked the Tome and apparently that's already done? But here's something I forgot to add; Brown Leather Bag a medium sized, soft, brown leather bag that contains Eli's healing herbs and surgical instruments, etc. That work?)

Spoiler! :
Prophecy Power
??? I'll be back to add this at some point....just remind me. XD

Talent
Okay... First Aid was the first one...so the second one shall be Surgeon's Brew which is the ability to make (and obviously administer correctly) a concoction that's intended to put someone under so he can perform surgery on them. It's not something that many people can actually make, and a lot of the ingredients are rare. So, uh, yeah. He kinda has that recipe in his head now.

Hextech Slot
The broach in the clasp of his healer's robe now, mysteriously, contains a shiny blue gem intended to keep a healer's focus when they're healing someone or performing surgery. Let's call it a Focus Gem, shall we?

Uncommon Weapon/Offhand
Can it be a ring that stores magic in it? Please? XD Let's call it... I dunno. But you get the idea. XD It'll be silver and also have a blue gem in it? Actually, no... Hm. Let's have it be a staff that Eli discovers? Stores magic, of course, but, uh... I dunno. It's made of metal (silver) but it's almost looks like it's been carved, like a wooden staff would? I'd say it's lighter than you'd think, too.

Armor Piece Upgrade
Enchanted Cloak maybe? The once dark grey hooded cloak he wears has turned a dark blue-purple? Aaaand now it can be semi-resistant to magic, maybe? I dunno.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:07 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Chaser @AlyTheBookworm which of you would like post next? I have a post written but I don't wanna progress the plot too fast and give people a hard time catching up with the story.

@ScarlettFire I am reeeeading your post now

sass levels loading

[he/him]

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:29 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

I’ll have to put off writing it until midweek. If no ones posted by then I’ll go
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:35 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Double posting but @ScarlettFire I really liked the post! I think Lady is really pretty haha and saaaaassssy. I'm actually concerned about Syna because boy bluecough is gonna be messy. I wonder if Elidyr will continue to help with it. I honestly think Haster is also in Syna because that's the biggest place for him to help at the moment. (also THAT ONE GILDAR IS GETTING DEDUCTED YOU BETCHA)

@AlyTheBookworm @AvantCoffee (I know you aren't writing but im still gonna keep you in the loop haha if you're keeping up yourself) so a Grand Rebellion just happened within Yse's Upper and Middle Tier not much before the spell dragged them to somewhere so that might be the biggest thing involving our characters while they're in Yse

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix