Young Writers Society

Home » Storybooks Main » Storybook Discussion » Specific Storybook Discussion

Aether's Heart DT

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:52 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Oops. You're right. Looking back over what I wrote, knowing forbidden spells in addition to primal sense AND spellcasting does make Tyri seem too powerful. To make her a bit less over-powered, maybe she could just be a decent spellcaster who only recently began to learn primal sense and is still trying to master spellcasting?

As it takes a long time to master and is risky/dangerous to use, she wouldn't use primal sense as a weapon- just as a way to overcome her blindness and sense her surroundings.

I also originally thought her prophecy power (the ability to sense life-force and magic) could be tied to her primal sense, but if this doesn't suit the Seer's role or is too OP I could try to come up with something else.

254 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 254
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:22 am
View Likes
Omnom says...

@AlyTheBookworm Having you explain it definitely helps, with Primal Sense helping her as a form of sixth sense instead of a battle magic. I definitely have a better understanding of your thinking, and the idea of her learning forbidden magics through the texts can still happen as the story progresses.

Regarding her Prophecy Power, I do understand where you're coming from with it better. I'm just not sure that having it connected to Primal Sense (a magic "commonly" available to magic users) instead of being unique to your character is something I'm comfortable with. It would just require a re-word, but what do you say to making it unique to Tyri herself?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

sass levels loading

Formerly Kirkiln

63 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 63
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:32 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

what is this bell tolling what does it mean aaaa the unknown
If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.
— René Descartes
formerly Coffeeism

254 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:36 am
View Likes
Omnom says...

M Y S T E R Y

sass levels loading

Formerly Kirkiln

254 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:37 am
View Likes
Omnom says...

And we're off!

So, a note about hearing the bells gong! I would like for your character to come into contact with runic material in some kind of way. That can be runic minerals, like how Railyn does, refined runic stones like at shops or stores, or if you have one, or touching inscribed runes on weapons or totems.

The Storybook Challenge has a week left, which means that you have a week to write your intro post to get the points. One of the things I like to emphasize is collaborative writing. So, collaborative writing is, basically, writing together! For example, maybe @ScarlettFire and I jump into a WriterFeedPad and write a Railyn post together, and Elidyr's featured in the post. She can write Elidyr's reactions to Railyn's questions or dialogue, or she can jump in and add to a section to add detail, or she can jump in when I say I'm at a lost, or she can just lurk so I can play plot bunnies off her to see what she thinks.

While the intro post will have your character alone, all posts after that will most likely have your characters surrounded by other characters. So, after all of our intro posts, I would highly recommend that all posts be touched by more than one writer. Now, obviously, there can be some exceptions, but try it out! It's a lot of fun :D

sass levels loading

Formerly Kirkiln

30 Reviews

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:37 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Yay! First post. I'm excited. :)

@Omnom
That works. So Tyri's prophecy power will be unique to her and unrelated to primal sense.

254 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:23 pm
View Likes
Omnom says...

GASP hi peeps it's the 20th! Which means the challenge expires today. However, I really want to see some more posts come out of the challenge before I make another one, I'll extend it to July 28th. Anyone can post, as there's no posting order right now. I know I talked to @Coffeeism about some ideas and @ScarlettFire but I'd love to hear more about your ideas! Let's chat :D

Also, we leveled up! I'll talk more about that in a later post.

sass levels loading

Formerly Kirkiln

211 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 211
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:55 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I'm about to actually sit down and read your post, @Omnom and then work on an Elidyr's post. xD
"I bow to ChildOfNowhere, my one and only master."

"No one screws Yamcha but life!" - Bulma, DBZ Abridged.

30 Reviews

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:13 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Posted for Paimon. I'll have limited internet for the next week, so please enjoy.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

63 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 63
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:17 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Aaaand Aharon’s post is up! I apologise for the length oof. Admittedly my post idea was on the larger side.
If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.
— René Descartes
formerly Coffeeism

509 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 509
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:56 pm
View Likes
Jaybird says...

This challenge has expired! I hope it won't be the last one I see from this storybook. :)

Challenged Adventurers
@Omnom @ScarlettFire @Europa @AlyTheBookworm @Coffeeism @Chaser

The Prophecy Beckons

You feel it in your skin. Although you have never read it, you know it talks about you.
    ♦ Only the Prophets Know You
    • Claim a Prophecy Role
    • Create your Character
      • Two Points (Three if done by July 10th)
    ♦ For Whom the Bells Toll
    • For your intro post, have your character hear a bell toll. No one else hears it.
    • Have your character rationalize that away.
      • Two Points
    ♦ Mold Your Universe
    • Provide a piece of lore for The Universe
      • One Point

The Prophecy Changes

Completion Time: Two Weeks (July 20th)
Magestorrow → Jaybird

254 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:45 pm
Omnom says...

@Europa @ScarlettFire hiiii where are you two on your posts? Anything I can do to help? I love plotting with friends :DDD

sass levels loading

Formerly Kirkiln

211 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 211
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I’m getting there! I might work on it while I’m sick and aren’t going to be doing much. I think I still need to read the last post? So hopefully I’ll get onto that later today.
"I bow to ChildOfNowhere, my one and only master."

"No one screws Yamcha but life!" - Bulma, DBZ Abridged.

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein