z

Young Writers Society

On Stolen Wings OOC

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:03 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

All right, @ScarlettFire! I'll officially claim all Tome-related stuff in here.

Spoiler! :
Rider Talents
Magic Detection — Aran can focus to sense and identify any magic he encounters, but will still be subject to its effects.
Diplomacy — More than a literal thousand years of interacting with people has trained Aran to read and influence any kind of person.

Dragon Talents
Camouflage — Like many dragons, Sezhen can focus to alter the colour of any part of his appearance, although repeated sessions are needed to maintain the change.

Equipment
Twilight Star (Mage's Staff) — An elm staff with the headpiece twirling around a brass mesh containing quartz beads and a ruby, sapphire, amethyst, and onyx. It enhances mental clarity and passive healing and amplifies the caster's ability to wield destruction and protection magic.
Morning Sun (Flanged Mace) — A light mace with a golden sheen, forged of an alloy enigmatically called sunsteel. The garnet and black tourmaline between each flange augments the wielder's strength and fortitude.
Wizard's Hat — A sunset-orange pointed hat made of felt. An inch of indigo cloth is stitched around the base, just above the rim.
Hardened Leather Cuirass — A burgundy-dyed cuirass made of hardened leather that goes over Aran's shirt, covering both his chest and back. The shirts he wears range from crimson to pink, all of which have a yellow-orange collar that is pulled out over the leather.
Burgundy Silken Gloves — A comfortable pair of burgundy gloves woven from silk that carries an enchantment to make it tear-proof.
Indigo Linen Trousers — A pair of indigo trousers made of linen and held up by a similarly dyed leather belt.
Indigo Leather Shoes — A pair of indigo-dyed leather travelling shoes.
Solar Cloak — A silken cloak that fades, on the outside, from sunset-orange at the top to crimson at the bottom. The inside is uniformly indigo.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:24 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

@AstralHunter Added! Haha, that was an awesome and detailed list. I love it. Aran's so flamboyant lol
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

293 Reviews

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:54 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you very much! I live to please. *bows*

But yes, Aran is the most flamboyant character I think I've ever written, but he also has the best reason of them all to be this way. Realising that he could wear a wizard's hat would have been a moment of immense satisfaction for him. ("This hat looks fabulous, don't you think?!" "Everything looks fabulous on you, Aran." "You flatter me, and it's true, but doesn't this hat look fabulous?!" "*sighs* It looks wonderful.") It's because he got to wear something for which he's never ahd the occasion before, so it's yet another first experience for him. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:53 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, look, @ScarlettFire isn't the only person who can double-post! ;P *upsets that most ancient of SB customs alongside Dungeon Master*

@TinkerTwaggy, Anel is quite the interesting character! I love how both he and his dragon wonder how they survived, but I also love that an artificial being can bond with a dragon at all! Proof to the nay-sayers that artificial beings can't have souls. Hah! It's neat how you technically already fulfilled the aspect of Scarlett's challenge that requires you to create a new piece of the lore, and the piece of lore itself is fascinating! Who would have thought that sigils manifest as splinters of power torn from the Mirage realm?
— Paul the Apostle

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:31 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Also, I wanted everyone to know I have Malik (or should I say Mallon?)’s character description on the storybook if anyone is interested in looking. If you think our characters should have some sort of history, I’m also open to that!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@winterwolf0100 Oh don't worry, when your character is actually approved, anyone that goes on the SB's page can see it, so uh, we knew! And I personally find hilarious that with both names, he can be nicknamed Mal, because that means Evil in French, and that, that is just funny.

@AstralHunter A wonderful appointment has been taken between thoughts and emotions for the sake of being very much content at your outlook on the words that materialize the existence of my fictional character!

Jokes aside, because yes that was my idea of a joke, thank you! I actually had completely forgotten that him bonding with his dragons totally means he has a soul or at least a will of his own, or rather, I had forgotten that I could include this in the plot point I have related to Anel's creation.

Didn't know I was supposed to complete that challenge though, I just always do it

Yes, I thought this idea was fun! Mostly, I really wanted Anel to have both a mystical, yet a really boring job to start with. So, I was like "...Yeah you know what everyone's a spy or thief or warrior or something well I want a doorman, that's boring right", then googled it, realized that DOORMEN ARE ACTUALLY THE COOLEST, then based part of my lore around that XD And hey, the Mirage concept actually partially based on Pokémon Emerald's Mirage Tower!

...No seriously guys doormen/porters are amazing

@ScarlettFire Official claims for Anelmok Serkoy:

Spoiler! :
Rider Talents

Detachable Limbs — Anel can detach his arms, legs, tail, or all of them at once to use them up to 36m away from him. (And for those who don't use the metric system, enjoy googling!) While they're detached, he can produce artificial limbs composed of solid light (like with his wings) should anyone get close to him while he's using his physical limbs are detached.

High Pain Resistance — Having no sense of self-preservation, Anel is no stranger to pain, being used to put himself in harm's way for the sake of completing a mission, winning a battle, or dealing with a variety of situations.

Dragon Talents

Scale Manifestation — Cimetronelle can grow scales of varying size. Then, she can magically reshape them to give herself a different size, shape and weaponize herself to suit her rider's needs. It can be enhanced with sigil-weaving (assuming the right set of runes are present on her scales), but with or without sigils, it takes time and focus for her to do that, so she usually does it before a battle. It would also take a long time for her to retake her original form — that is if she does at all.
Cimetronelle can't create something that exceeds her own weight.

Equipment

Rosh & Lanfair — a duo of short battle axes with thick, very large blades, able to easily block and break swords that clash with them. They also have a large, scroll-shaped pin opposing the head, as well as sheaths covering the blades' edges should they not be in use. Both Rosh and Lanfair have cream-colored handled with brown grips and a ruby placed between the peen and the blade. Both jewels have been decorated with a set of runes that, once activated, lower the gravity of each weapon to make them lighter. If placed in any other hand than Anel's, they instantly become heavier. Finally, the blades themselves have sigils that Anel can activate to heat up both blades in order to cut through things more easily.

Dolpan's Crown — a circular, sturdy shield that's easy to move. depending on the situation, Anel trades one of his battle axes for it, especially since the shield has a naturally high resistance to magic projectiles (and is sturdy enough to ward off most projectiles that aren't magical).

Runic chainmail + leather top — below Anel's leather armored top is a runic chainmail vest, designed to defend against slashing, stabbing and most forms of thrusts and piercing weapons. Meticulously made sigils exist on the metal rings that create the overall shape, designed to lighten the overall work and over magic protection just like with the Dolpan's Crown. Reinforced white metallic plates cover his forearms.

Cimescale Gloves — azure-colored armored gloves designed from Cimetronelle's scales. They allow surprising ease of movements, as well as sigils that, when activated, hardens the gloves and adorns them with freakishly large white claws at the tip of each finger. Anel usually activates this feature if he is disarmed, or unable to reach his usual weapons.

Runic Chainmail + Leather Pants — if so Anel desired, he could wear a full set of chainmail jackets, hoods, gloves, vests, shoulder and thigh guards, and even socks — a technique passed down to him by his masters (he does transport a full suit in a backpack he usually leaves stored elsewhere). Thus, he also wears chainmail thigh guards below his leather-armored pants.

Cimescale Boots — Like his gloves, his boots are made of Cimetronelle's scales, and possess the same sigil-weaved spells as the gloves. Above the boots are reinforced white metallic plates cover his lower legs (though he only wears those if the situation calls for it; same with the arms).

Cimescale Belt — a belt made of Cimetronelle's scales. It's placed around Anel's waist, which allows Anel to place Rosh & Lanfair behind his back once they're sheathed.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Wow Im off YWS for one day and I come back to all of this. One day

I will read up on your characters as soon as I'm available haha
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:14 pm
ScarlettFire says...

@Europa I'm gonna assume Edana has red-brown leather boots. XD

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:06 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna has a dark blue hexagon shaped Charm that has been set in the handle of her sword.
Her dragons Treasure is a golden bracelet Luna wears on her wrist.
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:27 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

@FlamingPhoenix added to the Tome!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:45 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

(Also the Tome has been updated with all nine characters by yours truly it took hours lol)
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:35 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

@FlamingPhoenix there is currently a posting order and I hadn’t given the all clear to start yet. Please don’t post until I do give the okay to begin. To start, @winterwolf0100 is posting first since their character isn’t starting with the rest of ours. Then I’ll be posting. Then whoever claims the next post can go next. XD

Also, I wanted to give @Featherstone time to catch up and get their profile done.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:14 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Glad to see my boy is an official part of the cast! Here are Autumn's stats.
Spoiler! :
Autumn Sunlight Talents
Lullaby- passive magical ability to soothe people when he sings. When he sings a specific lullaby, he can send anybody who listens into an unrousable sleep for about ten minutes.

Night vision- A Tabaxi's natural ability to see in the dark

Attire

Vest and Tunic- a vest made of worn blue leather and a loose fitting off-white tunic that seems to be held together by patches.

Baggy pants- indigo in color. Like his tunic, it's very loose and has a few patches to show.

Sash- a piece of red fabric tied around his waist

Bandages- wrapped around his paws to provide minimal protection on rough terrain.

Gold bands- a set of necklaces he picked up on his travels

Weapons

Curved sword- long and made of bronze with a hilt of polished wood and wrapped in white cloth

Mandolin- musical instrument used with his power.

Bellam Talents

Sonic Roar- The ability to roar debilitatingly loud, but it takes down both friend and foe.

Treasure

Crystal Orb- a clear ball that contains a strange glowing energy. It occasionally changes color, but no one knows why or what it could have been used for.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

@TinkerTwaggy, that was actually a big factor in the name! Since Mal means bad in Spanish and I knew I wanted it to start with an M, I decided to go to one of my favorite name websites and look up names that started with that. That was actually how I discovered the names!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

293 Reviews

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:22 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Omnom, thanks for your hours of effort! I, for one, greatly appreciate the improved appearance. (And yes, one day is apparently equal to a week when you least need it to be.) <3

@ScarlettFire, I haven't thought of a charm for Aran yet, but as for Sezhen's treasure, that would be... Aran. I've already written a profile that's long enough on its own, so I'm sure you can use something from there, but let me know if I need to give you a specific description for the treasure section. XD

@winterwolf0100, will Mal be using that name to introduce himself to the group, come to think of it?
— Paul the Apostle

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"