Young Writers Society

On Stolen Wings OOC

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:08 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

[Gone]
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Mon May 25, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:29 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I have posted at last!

Everyone do yourselves a favor and snag some snacks and drinks before consuming it. I'mma go catch some hours of sleep, though. Ta-ta♪
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:08 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I posted! And then I added, like, 2k to the original post. Whoops. lol

Anyway, please decide whether your characters follow Loren and Anel or head off to find their dragons and fly out to the meeting point.

Regardless, please consider that the next posts should probably be set at Dawn the next day!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

40 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...I might be guilty assistance to crime for that 2k, but I regret nothing XD

Dawn the next day! Got it.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:04 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I haven't read the last two posts yet but I'll be taking the next post :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I have finished reading the last two posts! They were both fun to read! @TinkerTwaggy the new animal you introduced in your post is really interesting, and I hope we get to see more new animals while we're adventuring. @ScarlettFire I can totally see leadership struggles with Loren in the future. He's really abrasive and that's gonna cause some problems between him and Kiera for surrrrrrreeeee

Prepare for a surprise at dawn :P

sass levels loading

[he/him]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:44 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

I finally found some time to fill in most of Malik/Stella's part of the Tome! Here it is!

Things for Malik:
Spoiler! :

Talent (needed one):
1. Ability to manipulate other's dreams: Most times, it only gives him the power to see into other's dreams. After time (throughout the story), he will grow stronger with his ability and could potentially use it as a means of communicating with others. This ability also makes him especially susceptible to magical attacks while he is asleep because sometimes he is pulled towards a powerful person's dreams and is forced to watch the dream until it ends or the person pushes him out of their mind. A powerful person can draw him into their dreams on purpose or accidentally. This will become harder for a person to do as Malik masters his ability more, but could still happen if he was mentally or physically exhausted or hurt.

Weapons/armor:
1. Arms: Malik has slip-on gloves that go up the entire length of his arms before meeting his breastplate, where they attach. While they feel like simple fabric, they were provided by the Conclave (and likely stolen from someone who couldn't pay them), and are strong like metal. They allow him to be flexible during the fight and protected on his arms. However, the fabric also has a downside because if a person manages to pull the glove off of him, they can still easily hurt him. Because of how the gloves are attached to the body armor, it would be hard to pull them off. If someone succeeded, however, Malik would definitely be in trouble.
2. Accessories: On Malik's armor, he has two simple lengths of leather that start at either side of his waist. They strap down at the bottom of his legs, but he can unstrap them and clip them together. Malik had them designed specifically so that he could clip them together, hold them in the air, and attach it to Stella's saddle as she is flying past him. This pulls him into the air by his waist, allowing him to either, a) fight people as Malik flies through the enemy ranks, or b) make a quick getaway. These straps of leather can also be used separately, and hook onto either side of Stella's saddle when he is sitting on it.

Things for Stella:
Spoiler! :
Talents (two were needed):
1. Memory storage: Stella has a powerful memory. However, since she can't store all her memories in her head without forgetting the small details, she has the ability to store certain memories in objects. She will still have the memory in her mind after saving it in something, but it will grow fuzzy and muddled overtime, just as memories for other people already do, while the memory inside the object remains perfect. She can remove the perfect memories from those objects if she chooses, but if there isn't enough space in her mind, the memories will basically be deleted. If another person picks up the object, they'll be forced into the memory, and unable to move until they go through the entire thing. Since Stella doesn't have full control of the ability yet, she may accidentally share a powerful memory with a person if she brushes against them, or accidentally store a memory in the hay she's sleeping on. As she grows, she'll learn to control it more, but she may never fully get a handle on it (at least not by the end of the story).
2. Replication of powers: Stella can replicate other powers from dragons. She has to witness them using the power, and she can only recreate it on a much smaller scale. After a day or two, she isn't able to access it at all. The catch is that she can only use the power in the way the other dragon used it. For example, if a dragon has the ability to control the weather, but they only make it drizzle, she cannot use it to, say, create a tornado or thunderstorm. If anything, it's more of a regurgitation of powers than a steady replication of them.

I still need to think of three treasures for Stella, but other than that, I think I'm caught up!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

40 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:27 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Omnom Huh. Never saw that message, for some reason.

Thank you, m'dear! Glad you enjoyed the introduction of the Malyrn, basically a magical beast, as you've seen. I'm not sure how much the fauna can be developed around us, but I did understand that creatures like this aren't supposed to be super common, so, we'll probably meet much less powerful animals on the way ^_^

Still, I had loads of fun coming up with him, so, trying my hand at more fauna would be pretty cool!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:06 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I'll be working on things soon! :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon May 11, 2020 9:11 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Congratulations, Adventures!
You Have Been Challenged!

Rumours Shared
    • Write your second post!
    • You've overheard the rumour, now it's time to discuss it!
      • One Point (Two if done by Feb 16th)
    Listen To Thy Elders
    • So you've spoken to an Elder, time to set things into motion!
    • Get ready to head out and speak to the other members in the party.
      • Two Points
    Mold Your Universe
    • Provide another piece of lore for The Universe
      • One Point

Your Journey Continues!

Completion Time: Three posts over Three Weeks (Feb 23rd)

Credits Awarded: up to Five!

This challenge has expired! Since @Omnom is busy with his post, I think it'd be useful to reissue this.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2020 8:16 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Good timezooone, ladies and gentlemutants♪
too much X-men, always wanted to say that

So, I'll deliver a copy-pasted Shadow Clone'd announcement about dropping out from essentially all my SBs! Reason for that is health-related. We're on YWS, so, I always avoid going into too much details, but let's just say I'm, uh, stuck in a country that's not my own with hopes of going back to a safer place getting... thinner?
...Really no way to soften that blow, huh...

But yes, that means I know I'll have little to zero focus here as a result ('cept for stuff like workshops, to be fair), and given that I'm already notoriously slow, I'd rather not keep that around for everyone's sake.

Ah, yes: I'll also be gradually deleting all my character profiles! Aaaand also my literature works — yeah I'm basically packing up. reasons for that are... mostly focus and ADD-related, as I do have a tendency to look for an escape when in dire situations.
And writing's one heck of a convenient escape.
Not to worry, though! I'll do the same for my posts, which should make it easier for everyone to edit my characters out. I, uh, don't think I'll have time to write them out, which is honestly what I'd prefer doing, but teleportation's also fine in such cases, I suppose

Aaaanyway, take care! I'll, uh, try to survive, in the meantime. I wish this was less literal.

Y'all stay safe, out there!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed May 13, 2020 9:26 am
ScarlettFire says...

You stay safe, too!

And you don't have to delete anything! We can work around the character not being there...
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri May 15, 2020 1:53 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

FINALLY, Here are Autumn's charms

Wedding Ring- a simple iron band worn on his ring finger. He'll often touch it when he's thinking of his family.

Mandolin Strings: Extra strings for his instrument

Box of incense: An ornate wooden box with a few sticks of incense in it. They smell like sage when burned and Autumn often burns some at night to help him relax.

Map of Asturia: Given to him by the Conclave so he could better track his and the party's movements.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:31 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

HELLO i am starting this post IM SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT it will be done idk when but hopefully soon

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:27 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

And posted! So, I think there's a bit of disconnect between my post and Europa's post, but I believe we're retconning so that Malik and Autumn will join the group at the beginning so everyone's not split up, which is why I have The Conclave intruding on Draconis like so. Lemme know if I need to change anything :D and if I got your character's at least somewhat right XD

so @ScarlettFire who's next?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon