Young Writers Society

On Stolen Wings OOC

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:31 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Finally, someone but me asks for one! XD

I'm busy writing my post, so there's still time for Scarlett to create one before I submit it. ;P
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:40 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Omnom wrote:SB Challenge? :P

Working on it! XD

I’ll go type one up in a sec, so be back soon. XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:47 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Sooo, just for @AstralHunter because he asked, I named the rest of the Dragon Rider's Council of Masters. I'll post the list below;
Spoiler! :

• Elder Sarush ca Attar - he's the main one, kind stern but not in an unkind way, arrogant -- this is probably the one who came to see Edana -- he's the head of the Council of Masters.
  • Master Furia Idora - a council member, but not an elder -- pretty lass from Synilas, may be a spy for Synilas's Queen/her family -- she's the quiet, observant type.
  • Elder Delwyn Adonis -- one of the Elders, has only been one for a few months bc the previous elder who held his position died recently and it took a bit before the rest of the council voted on raising his rank -- pretty level-headed, doesn't like Furia, but won't do/say anything if she keeps her mouth shut -- probably the one doing the fancy-pancy magic in Keira's meeting -- level-headed, rational, though prone to outbursts if Furia screws something up (probably a spy for the Adonis family).
  • Master Kianoush ( vys Asturias) -- the youngest member of the council -- he's the type to rush into thing but he does know when to keep his mouth shut -- recently raised to Master by Sarush and is the Asturian Emperor's third son, sent to the Council to be taught about dragons (probably a spy for his father).
  • Elder Pari/Parisa -- an elder, female.
  • Elder Zareen -- an elder, from the tribes, female.
  • Elder Leila - an elder, female.
  • Elder Mihai - an elder, probably also from the tribes, male.
  • Elder Shandor -- an elder, the oldest besides Sarush and kinda mysterious, NEVER lowers his hood, never speaks.

ETA: CHALLENGE POSTED

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:10 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Here's an updated Council of Masters list!
Spoiler! :
The Council of Masters;
  • Elder Sarush ca Attar -- an elder and the leader of the Council of Masters. He's the kind yet stern--but not in an unkind way--and somewhat arrogant, yet not in too much of a negative way. He sits in the seat opposite the Council Chamber's entrance and 'guards' the doorway behind him. Sarush has a legacy of reformation and success behind him, as the Council Master. Not many were alive during his early years on the council, let alone remember it, but he started as an ambitious and steadfast leader, but also unruly to those who opposed him. He was never the stronger mage in the room, but he was the most ambitious. Early Draconis --when Sarush was young-- was quite different than it is today, and much of it has been because of Sarush. Rumors have spread multiple times within the last millenia or so that Sarush was an outsider to Draconis and rose his way to the top through bloodshed. However, official record of the early days of Sarush's reign are hard to find, and often contradict themselves. Those who lived during that time are even harder to find. Nowadays, Sarush spends most of his time in his personal chambers, often letting council meetings happen without his authority or leadership, often relying on Shandor or Parisa to oversee the delegations. Sarush does focus on furthering Draconis as the beacon of magic that he often says it is, and he is still far more abled than he lets on to most people. Sarush does has a malicious side to him, some say, or a side to him that likes drama, but he has kept himself official when in Council chambers at the least, or even distant. It seems, lately, that Sarush's mind is always focusing on something else, when anyone talks to him, to the point that some have started to say he has finally lost his mind, the last thing to go of his body.
  • Master Furia Idora -- a council member, but not an elder and a pretty lass from Synilas. She may be a spy for Synilas's Queen and/orher family and is the quiet, observant type. One of the younger members of the Council, she has made her voice known around Draconis, mostly because of her expert politics and manipulation and the support she has from Synilas. She has brought a contemporary analysis to the Council, and while in her short time on it (almost a decade), she has brought about many changes that positively influence both Draconis and Synilas. Her influence within the Council has diminished severely since Delwyn has become an Elder, while her bitter arguments with him has increased exponentially. Probably secretly in a relationship with Delwyn despite outward appearances. There have been rumors that Furia pushed for Kiera, a relative of hers, to be a part of this expedition to take on a higher role (perhaps a Council role?) in the future.
  • Elder Delwyn Adonis -- one of the Elders, has only been one for a few months because the previous elder who held his position died recently and it took a bit before the rest of the council voted on raising his rank. He's pretty level-headed, doesn't like Furia, but won't do or say anything if she keeps her mouth shut. Pretty level-headed and rational, though prone to outbursts if Furia screws something up or says something he disagrees with. Probably secretly in a relationship with Furia despite outward appearances. Also probably a spy for the Adonis family. Rumour has it he bribed his way onto the Council, but Sarush refuses to confirm nor deny it.
  • Master Kianoush ( vys Asturias) -- the youngest member of the council. He's the type to rush into thing but he does know when to keep his mouth shut and was recently raised to Master by Sarush. He is the Asturian Emperor's third son, sent to the Council to be taught about dragons (and is probably a spy for his father). Kianoush's promotion to the Council was controversial at best, and destructive at worst, with some believing it to be "the beginning of the end" of Sarush's reign within the Council. Despite that, Kionoush has proven himself a valuable asset within the chambers, both with his personality and ambition, although he has garnered the attention from some of the Elders, and, most notably, Master Idora, who believes his promotion was an overstep in political sway by a dying Sarush.
  • Elder Parisa -- an elder that sits in the right-most seat of the Council Chambers. While she talks quite little, she is an impressive show of magical force, and often takes over any magic from Sarush when he is in one of his fits. Parisa is often considered by those within and outside of the Council as the head elder once Sarush inevitably becomes the less stubborn between he and Death. Both Shandor and Sarush have officially given their support in teaching Parisa the ways of the Council. Parisa looks young for her age, but has been on the Council upwards of 700 years, although has just recently become an elder. Parisa often keeps herself out of the politics that has invaded the Council recently, and there are concerns from the newer members of the Council that Parisa's reign as Council Master will be short-lived if she tries to shut out Synilas and Asturia influence when Sarush leaves.
  • Elder Zareen -- an elder, from the tribes, and the oldest besides Shandor and Sarush. Zareen is an abject abolitionist of the old constructs within the magical community and has done much within her time on the council to make Draconis far more accessible and less elitist. A short and stout woman that shows her age far more than others, Zareen has not actually practiced magic in over a century in protest. If it were not for Shandor, a close friend of hers, she would have left the council long ago. However, she is valued by her hands-on experience, and she is the only known council member that had left the teachings of Raj Mahija earlier in her lifetime. Although she does not talk about her time there, it has become evident that she believes both Draconis and Raj Mahija fail at spreading magic to all of Runeheim. She is argumentative and play's devil's advocate on many issues, but Sarush respects her adimant personality on the Council.
  • Elder Leila -- an elder that hails from Synilas, although she does not make it public. She has been in the Council for 500 years and an adept magic practioner for far longer. She was a part of the group that created the Pillars of Strength in Synua. She is uptight and always serious, but not to the point of being rude, just that she decides that niceties are pointless and prefers to get straight to the point. She only joined the Council of Masters because she believes the spread of magical hubris has gone too far. She is often at odds with Zareen.
  • Elder Mihai -- an elder. Mihai is often silent, but doesn't stray far from Zareen. While he is far younger than Zareen, age often becomes a moot point when it reaches three digits, so many people often just consider Zareen and Mihai of similar age. Whether he is Zareen's lover, friend, or something else, he is the second in command to Zareen's charge at the council. He only joined the council to give higher representation to the tribes and because Zareen joined the council. There are few masters who even believe he doesn't, or can't, use magic. It took him many decades to get on Sarush's good side enough to be let into Draconis and onto the Council. Objectively, he has done the least of all Elder Council members, but he prefers to spend his time positively affecting Draconis from the inside out. When not around Zareen, he can be seen tending to the gardens or talking with the scribes. He tends to keep out of the politics unless it directly involves Zareen or, perhaps, Shandor.
  • Elder Shandor -- an elder who sits in the left-most seat of the Council Chambers (opposite Furia), the oldest besides Sarush, Zareen and maybe Mihai, and kinda mysterious. He NEVER lowers his hood and almost never speaks. He is easily the most powerful--and definitely the oldest of the Elders--on the council. Probably single-handedly (with support from his ancient dragon) maintaining the wards surrounding Draconis without anyone's knowledge (except maybe Sarush's). Shandor was offered leadership by Sarush once several centuries ago but he turned it down as he prefers to work from the shadows. When he does speak, which is rarely, he's earnest and concerned, softly spoken, but all stop to listen to him as he's considered the most respected on the Council. Shandor is often found in the Library and is its Guardian. He takes the role very seriously and has been attempting to teach various non-Council member Masters how to organise it, though so far none have shown an aptitude or passion for the task. When he's not in the Library, he's keeps to his personal chambers and is rarely seen outside of the Council's shadowy halls. While Shandor prefers to keep out of the politics the permeates Draconis nowadays, he permits it to focus on the wellbeing of Draconis as a whole. Unlike many other Council members, whose focuses lie elsewhere, Shandor focuses on Draconis and Draconis alone. He cares not if politics muddle the waters as long as there is no drought.

The remaining four seats are currently unoccupied due to the untimely death of each respective Elder within the last month or so. The Council has yet to vote on replacements for these Elders as a more pressing matter has reared its ugly head.

Deceased Elders:
  • Elder Arawn; the only tiefling in living memory to sit on the council. At least, since Sarush took over. He was a calming presence in the Council Chambers and almost always semed to know exactly what to say to sway the tide, so to speak. He was one of the latest to die and is the one that Delwyn has replaced.
  • Elder Nahele; she was often said to be the flower of the Council, the brightest member of her age. An elf who was almost as old as Shandor, Sarush and Zareen. She had a happy-go-lucky attitude to life and was always trying to make people smile. Her death was the latest one and cast a pall over the Council and their moods. She is the one that Kianoush is apparently set to replace.

These Whose Seats Are Still Empty;
  • Elder Varon Syndra --
  • Master Highcross -- ex-Synilas
  • Master Klobaunch --
  • Master Irilion -- half-elf

And this is a short, very basic list of Conclave Elders!
Spoiler! :
The Conclave's Circle of Elders (a Council of Nine);
  • Elder Riaz Wintercloud -- Head of the Conclave.
  • Elder Aisha - one of the newer elders, a woman.
  • Elder Jaelle -- (female)
  • Elder Elazar -- (male)
  • Elder Markel -- (male)
  • Elder Blade Tobar -- (male, Tiefling, Edana's mentor)
  • Elder Besnik -- (male)
  • Elder Amasis -- (male)
  • Elder Violca -- (female)

This is just for you, @winterwolf0100 and @Europa! <3 (I took the liberty of giving Wintercloud a first name, if that's okay with you?

These lists are subject to change :P

OH! ALSO DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE SB CHALLENGE!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:48 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

@FlamingPhoenix I just noticed that you said you were working on a post. I'm down for you just posting it as mine is nearly complete and @AstralHunter just posted. As long as it doesn't conflict with anything in the previous posts, you’re free to post whenever you’re ready!

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:33 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

I'll post it as soon as I'm done!
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:52 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Honestly, I feel like I wrote part of the first chapter of a heroic fantasy novel. I know that is what this comes down to, but 5700 words?! Good gosh, it's no wonder I'm so tired. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:58 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

That post is a beast, @AstralHunter! I would be tired, too, if I wrote that much!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:03 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Yeah, that’s a good first name! I think Europa and I are going to put our heads together to come up with a little backstory and personality for each of the conclave elders, if that’s alright with you! @ScarlettFire
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:28 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Totally fine by me, @winterwolf0100!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:36 am
ScarlettFire says...

@TinkerTwaggy I believe your up next to post!

And speaking of posts... Once Tort, Europa and myself have gone, you guys can claim a new ranking in the posting order. XD

616 Reviews

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:45 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Not sure if this is good enough to post so I'm posting it here so you can have a look @ScarlettFire.

Spoiler! :
Luna
Hunched over an old map Luna scanned it, her eyes moving over every little detail. Letting out a disappointed sigh she rammed a steal knife into the surface of the desk the sound of splintering wood echoing throughout the large training room.
“How could this be?” She asked herself, as she paced in front of the table, her strides long and brisk. “I’ve looked everywhere and nothing. Should I just give up?” She should feel the pent up anger boiling with in her.
‘There is no point getting worked up about it, Lu? You’ll get your parents killer one day.’ Came the calming voice of her dragon echoing through her mind, Aduna’s calming hisses soothing Luna’s rage.
Nodding her head Luna tide her hair into a short ponytail, not passing her armored shoulders. Walking over to the table she was just standing in front of she grabbed her knife and head band, putting the sharp weapon away she tide her head band around her forehead, the words Worrier sown in fine black letters. ‘Hey Aduna let’s go for a fly, you know where to meet me.’ Luna thought back to her dragon.
No reply answered her, but she knew her dragon had heard her. Grinning she rushed to the door flinging it open, and went racing into the dimly lit halls, her arms swinging at her sides as she gained speed with every step. Her heart pounded in her chest, banging against her ribs as she moved faster ahead of her, her eyes landed on the opening in the mountain, no gate surrounded the steep cliff only the clear open sky.
With a look of determination Luna made her legs run faster, she could hear the pounding of her feet hit the rock floor below her, the sounds running through the halls, Braking free of the dark shadows Luna rushed out into the sun, the light blinking her but didn’t slow her down, When she felt one of her feet on the edge of the cliff she lunched herself into the air, feeling the wind run over her face as she fell through the air, The feeling from before evaporating as open space surrounded her.
Closing her eyes Luna let herself fall, the moment seemed to stretch on until the feeling of scales underneath her broker her from her trance.
‘Cut that a little close don’t you think?’ Aduna’s voice echoed through Luna’s head. Her emerald eyes glancing up at her, the power of her wing beats rippling through Luna’s body as she gripped onto her horns.
‘I knew you would catch me.’ Luna thought back, her deep blue eyes gliding over the landscape in front of her, the vast mountains behind her, and open grass plains stretching out as far as the eye could see. Pointing a finger to the ground she felt Aduna slowly glide down, the warm wind whipping past her face.
The two passed through the trees, the lush greenery surrounding them. Sliding off Aduna’s back Luna made her way to the small cottage she had been going to for the past few years, Aduna following behind her.
Opening the wooden door her eyes immediately landed on a dark cloaked figure standing over a table that had a map and notes strewn all over it. Slowly she edged into the room, Aduna still outside. “Can I help you?” She asked her eyes narrowing.
“Indeed you can young lady.” Came the calm voice of the stranger still looking over her paper work.
Realizing who she was talking to Luna quickly bowed her head. “Forgive me for my impoliteness.”
“All is forgiven in time my child.” Came the raspy voice of the man, pulling his hood back his aged face was shown in the dim light that came through the cracked glass windows.
Standing up completely Luna asked. “What are you doing here? If you don’t mind me asking?” Pulling up a seat she allowed him to sit down, then pulled up her own, sitting across from him.
“I have a mission for you. The Elders are putting a group of young people as yourself on this mission together. And you are one of them that has been asked for.” The elder said, his icy gaze landing on Luna.
Trembling Luna slowly shook her head. “I’m afraid I’m going to have to effuse…I’m still looking for the one who killed my parents, and a mission will only distract me.” Talking in a shaky breath Luna stood, her arms crossed against her waist. “Please forgive me, this is a real honor, but I’m sure the rest of the people you have picked can do it will out me.”
Letting out a raspy sigh, the elder shook his head. A stern demeanor coming upon him. “I didn’t give you the option to refuse, this is an order.” His blue eyes staring at her.
Mentally flinching Luna protested. “But-“
“There will be no buts!” He snapped, “Luna, this is for the good of the people and our kingdom. This team has been put together in a way you all will work well together.” He said putting his hood back over his head. “Your parents will have to wait. On this mission you might even find some clues.”
Letting a large sigh out, Luna only nodded, her eyes going to the floor. “I understand.”
“Good, you know where to go.” Like a shadow he walked out the room, leaving it in a cold silence.
‘You okay?’ Came Aduna’s voice. ‘What did he say?’
Speaking back to her through her mind Luna said. ‘We have a mission to do.’
Stay Creative!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:08 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Looks good! Don't forget the formatting stuff and you're set to post!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:14 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@AstralHunter I talked a bit about your post while reading it before you posted (because I'm magic hehe) but I wanted to talk more about your post here! Boy was it a wild ride, and firmly cements Aran as an important figure in this story.

Sezhen and Aran's back and forths are just a delight to read, and like, they read so naturally too. I can't wait to see them interact with the rest of the characters. I also wonder if Sezhen will introduce himself as a humanoid or a dragon.

Also, it confused me for a bit that Aran had his own audience, but I realized this was after the meeting with all of the dragon riders, so Aran was fashionably late XD, but he more than made up with his pestering of the council, especially certain members (and possible FLIIIIRTING???)

And oh boy, will Aran kill off our characters? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

616 Reviews

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:46 pm
FlamingPhoenix says...

What do you mean my formation stuff?
Stay Creative!

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn