z

Young Writers Society

On Stolen Wings OOC

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:04 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Malik has black leather armor and while he has a helmet, he prefers to fight without it. His go-to weapon is the sword, but he is also extremely skilled in hand to hand combat and daggers. His weakness is long-distance, which is made up for him by his dragon, Stella.
His major skill is combat. However, because of his parentage, he does have some magical abilities. Throughout the plot of the story, I hope these will grow as he begins to gain control of them. In the beginning, he simply has heightened senses. Throughout the story, they will expand.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:06 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Awesome, thanks! I'll see what I can do with that for you!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:08 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I forgot to announce this, but my character profile is up! It's already been approved, so anyone who wants to read it can do so now. @ScarlettFire, I have some questions about the armour and abilities — I'm full of questions, I know XD — so I'll ask them over Discord, if that's not an issue. I look forward to writing in this! ^_^
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:19 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Awesome, he's been approved!

@Featherstone @TinkerTwaggy how are those profiles coming along?

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:43 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

My character does have armor that is made out of her dragons scales. Along with the armor is a helmet, that she keeps on when ever she is fighting or on a mission.
She is really good fighting with weapons, it's one of her skills, she is better will.
She isn't great with hand to hand combat, but she will put up a fight if she is forced into that area of fighting, though Aduna helps get her out of it if she can.
Because of were her mother is from, she has picked up some of her powers to speak with her dragon. But only with dragons.
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:30 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Hey, @FlamingPhoenix just letting you know all dragons and their riders can communicate telepathically. Sooo, that power is a moot point? Can you try thinking of something else? Also, does Luna have a specific weapon on her at the moment?

Also, can you guys give me detailed descriptions of your weapons and armour please, if you haven't already? Post those in the DT so I can c/p into the Tome! Thanks! Can you guys also give me detailed descriptions of you two rider talents? Make sure one is magical and one is non-magical! And a detailed description your dragon's ability! If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check out the Tome at the link below, it has some examples;
click the image to view the tome!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:14 pm
ScarlettFire says...

By the way, guys, there is now a challenge so go check that out when you get a chance.

Soooo yeah, that's a thing. >.>

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@ScarlettFire can the dragons communicate with each other as well?
Also here's the description of Edana's stats!

Armor/weapons

Edana's armor is a breastplate and greaves for her arms and legs, all made of red-brown leather studded with iron. Her primary weapon is a wooden crossbow that is smooth and well worn, along with a quiver full of arrows, also made of wood but fairly newer looking than her bow.

Abilities

Charisma- The magical ability to charm a person into agreeing with her. Basically, when using Charisma anything Edana says sounds completely logical to the target, and they'll be compelled to take her side or do what she asks of them. If someone feels strongly against an idea, is naturally stubborn or inclined to question things, they'll have a natural resistance to this ability.

Demon Tail- Edana can basically use her tail as an extra appendage. She can grab and pick up objects, use it to hang from things, or as a sneaky weapon in battle, either using it as a bludgeon or to trip her opponents and catch them off balance.

Javor

Replenish- His bond with Edana allows him to share his energy with her, which can heal her wounds and/or restore her stamina. This can be extremely draining for Javor depending on how much energy he uses.

Let me know if you have questions!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:33 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I think we got most of that, @Europa, but thanks! I'll double check it for you!

As for if the dragons can communicate with each-other, well.... I'm inclined to say yes. XD

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:41 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Congratulations, Adventures!
You Have Reached Level Two!

Your Rewards Are Outlined Below:
  • 40 Tari
  • 1 Treasure (Dragon)
  • 1 Charm

These Rewards Apply To All Characters

Good Luck!

Please give me a detailed description of your Dragon's Treasure and your Rider's Charm so that I can c/p it into the tome, thanks!

Charms are likely to be something small that can be attached to a weapon or a bag, maybe even a piece of jewelry. If you're not sure, just ask!

616 Reviews

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:53 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Abilities.

Manipulation, she has a dark power with in her, that allows her to move a person, or an object around. This power can also be used as a shield against an attack.

A Spy, Before she became a dragon ride, she was a spy for a group of people who wanted to destroy the kingdom. She was one of the best that lived. And she completed many missions.

Weapons/armor

She is very skilled with the sword, the weapon is long and thin, the very tip of the sword is curved in. The handle for the sword is made out of black leather. Allowing a firm hold.
She is also skilled with throwing knifes, allowing her to fight for a distance.

To guard her face is a black helmet with blue dragon scales on it, On both sides of the helmet is a black string that is tided up at the back to keep the head peace on.
Her She also wears a back leather mast over her chin she can pull up over her mouth and nose when ever she has to.
Her armor is a black leather long sleeved dress that stops above the knees, allowing it to be fire proof the dress is covered in dark blue scales, that blend in with the surroundings.
Her hands arr covered by fire proof dark brown gloves, that allow better grip on a weapon or n anything else.
She also wears long dark brown leather pants that are also fire proof. They go about up to her ankle, and start at her hip.
She also wears black leather riding boots that are fire proof, allowing her to run faster, and fight better, because they aren't to heavy.

Strapped to her waist is a largish black leather bag that she keeps her throwing knifes in, letting her take them where ever she wants.

Aduna is able to shift into what ever form she wants, or she can change her scales into the color of her background allowing her to become invisible. She is lean so she can fit into small spaces, and because of her small size she can fly rather fast.

I hope this sums everything up! ;)
Stay Creative!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:58 pm
ScarlettFire says...

@FlamingPhoenix, dragons cannot change their shape until they're at least 3,000 years old--specifically, humanoid--and we already have both invisibility and camouflage as abilities. Maybe we can go with something to do with her speed?

I'll add the armor and weapons into the tome in a moment!

616 Reviews

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:04 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Aduna's has amazing speed that know one can see her coming. She also has a poisons bite, that will kill anything in less than a few seconds.
Stay Creative!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:20 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I went with the poisonous bite, @FlamingPhoenix! Hope that's okay!

616 Reviews

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Yeah that's fine.
Stay Creative!

I could literally be Obama and you guys would never know.
— AilahEvelynMae