z

Young Writers Society

On Stolen Wings OOC

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:17 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

I like that idea a lot! It sound like it could be more fun!
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:36 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh. Okay then! A few things I should say, I suppose:

•For the reboot, I'll be keeping the same character, and will most likely copy/paste my posts so far, since I have quite literally nothing to change. I also have no reason for Anelmok and Cimetronelle to be any different than they were. Since you'll fine-tune certain elements of the plot and setting, I'll be sure to adapt what I can to accomodate. Hope that's fine!

•Hmm... I mean, I wouldn't call joining two storylines and two storybooks fused into one fun, like, inherently — especially for people less used to the workload — but it certainly is that to me too, yes.
Speakin' of which!

•Does this SB evolving into one with two separate-but-linked storylines mean that we're expected to commit to both, with one character in the Council and one in the Conclave? I ask because if that's not the case, then, uh... Well it doesn't really increase the commitment level, right? Since having one character means writing for only one side of this newly formed coin. And also more stuff to read, but I mean, we're in YWS, reading more prolly isn't much of a problem to most of us here.
↑ I don't mind either way! But I am definitely curious. I also might be missing something here, since that happened to li'l old me before, so, y'know. Just makin' sure.

•Aaaaand here comes the main worry! One true for every SB, honestly, but I figured I might as well be That Guy and mention it:
Okay so, most of the people in this group are aware that making an SB bigger and potentially increasing the cast of characters is absolutely decreasing the chances of it sailing smoothly, right? We're all- we're all clear on this? It's fine if the goal's not for it to be finished though, 'cause you know, grouped experiments do be like that. If we're to finish the story however, I doubt we'll be able to do that with this format. Which is why I'm concerned! I mean, not that much, Anel's been fun to write for alone and with others — and it's totally gonna stay that way.

Anyway, if this come across as mean, no worries people, I'm not trying to be that. This is pretty much an honest concern, is all. I'll remain on standby like everyone else until the revamped version comes out. Oh, and thank you for warning us all! It gives us a lot of time to prepare, which is super cool.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:30 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I'm on my phone (moving things haha) so this might be quick

- the stories and setup will be different and most likely different characters so I'll ask you not to just copy and paste your old posts into the new storybook if that's what you meant, but you can certainly adapt your old posts into new posts.

- there is absolutely no need to make characters for both storylines. That's actually why I made the caution that it'll be more effort on y'all.

- I understand your worry about the story falling apart, which you are more than right for being worried. Two things:

Scar will be leading one storyline, and I will be leading the other. So that means that Loren will be the leader of one group and Kiera will be of the other. This is so both of us can guide and push the plot forward on both sides.

I believe splitting this into two groups will actually make this easier in the long run, in the essence that I think the story will go farther. Before, OSW had a large cast, far larger than it's counterpart, AH. Scar and I saw that that became a problem.when the story dragged to a halt and was never able to get back off the ground. This time around, we're going to have around the same cast size (maybe a bit bigger) but two different stories going on so it hypothetically will go more smoothly
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:57 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

(Yes please don't fall like for real you have a life take your time answering this)

• Nono, what I meant was copy/pasting the setting for them so long as the setting in the revamp is the same. That's why I added that "I'll be sure to adapt what I can to accomodate." bit? Because if, say, there isn't a Forest of Teeth and Claws, then I can't have Anel fight a boss in, well, a forest. That should clarify it!

• ...Wait, but if... if we don't have to make a character for each side. Doesn't that mean that it's less effort on people as a result? Which is totally a good thing?
(...Am I being a non-native again and mixing words here? Because I'm taking that over potentially going insane, #IAin'tGoingBackToJail)

•Aaah, yes! Am I glad you're addressing that. Please explain! reads

1. Ooooh, so both of you lead each side! Now, that... is interesting. Way less of a problem for creative juice and stamina, and you can always consult each other for each side. Brilliant! That already makes it all far less worrisom. Thank you!

2. Oh yes, absolutely. It totally makes it easier on both of you if you're literally splitting the leadership of the SB for you both to co-manage it, now that makes it sound way less problematic for everyone involved.

Yeah, thank you for that, this is why I ask things. I iz far less concerned. Proceed with the splitting! I'd normally end this with a De-Fusion joke, but we lack Yu-Gi-Oh memers for that, so, we'll do without.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:15 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Oh gotcha, yes locations will stay the same! It's still gonna be in the YWU.

Also I meant it'll be more effort if you make two characters or write for both storylines. Hopefully that clears it up. We agree! Haha
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:56 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Fair enough. Alright!

Oooooookay, cool. yeah that clears it up! I'll just assume I misunderstood, is all. Thankies!

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I'll see what the new premise is before deciding on whether to replace Aran. (I presume he would still exist in the universe, of course.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:46 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Oh, of course!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:12 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey, it's Winter here! I know for OSW, we will be revamping, and I am super excited! I'm just dropping in to say that I have been accepted to a summer camp that will run all of July, and I will be reachable during that time, but I am not sure how much time I will actually have on my hands to write. It will be kind of up in the air for me to determine once I get there. That being said, let this be a warning that I might be able to write as normal, but it may be best to just assume the worst in that I'll be contactable but unable to write unless I learn otherwise once I arrive. Just wanted to give a heads-up. Thanks! : D
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings