z

Young Writers Society

Kingdom Hearts: The Storybook [DT]

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:02 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Thanks @Magestorrow! If anyone wants their characters to have any particular relationship with Aron, feel free to PM me anytime, or catch me on the chat.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

What’s the plan?
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

As of right now, I think the plan will be for our characters to end up in Traverse Town by the end of our first posts. I'm going to try getting a post up for this in the next couple of days, as well as a challenge, and then the storybook can really begin. <3 It should also help for anyone who's new to the world of Kingdom Hearts!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:15 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Yes that's me, am new to KH xD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

After a request from @Kirkiln over on Discord, here's my beginner's interpretation on what Traverse Town is:

Traverse Town is where Sora ends up in KH1 after his world, Destiny Islands, is destroyed by darkness. It's also where Goofy, Donald Duck and Pluto are all sent by King Mickey in search of the "key". It's a town for people who's worlds were destroyed. KH1 - or the part I'm at - hasn't shown many people there, but it was also nighttime when Sora arrived. We can replicate that or have it happen at a different time, depending on what kind of setting everyone wants.

The other notable characters are Leon/Squall, Aerith and Yufie. You might recognize them from Final Fantasy. I've never played FF, so I only vaguely know of the connection. But they're the ones who explain to Donald, Goofy and Sora what exactly a keyblade is, so I think at least one of them will show up.

(Aerith talks to Donald and Goofy, while Yufie and Leon handles Sora. Leon also tries fighting Sora because he doesn't think a kid is worthy enough for the keyblade, but, since there's so many of us, I don't think he'll be able to do that every time.)
mage

queer and here.

15 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Also a good way we can connect some characters is that Rhea’s family owns the tavern and inn in Traverse Town
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The first post and challenge are officially up! If you have any questions about either one of them, let me know - I'll do my best to help you out. <3 I tried to give a basic outline for what should be included in your posts in the challenge, but I'll run through them again here. You need to have your character going about their daily life - like how Lira's sailing around her island and reading a book. You need to have the Heartless start destroying the world, or just attacking its people.* You also need to have Levi incorporated in your post, preferably by your character seeing him off in the distance before the darkness takes them to Traverse Town.

You can also get a bonus point if you include any sort of reference to the canon series. If you're not sure what to do, I have some fun suggestions!

*If you're from a world we plan on visiting later, like Halloween Town, just have the Heartless show up and attack your character. We don't want to destroy the world before they get a chance to visit it. <3

I think we can have the characters explore Traverse Town in the next round of posts, save for Rhea - since she lives there.
mage

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Rokza is posted! He's in Traverse Town by the end, I just liked the ending of the post XD and YOU KNOW I GOT THOSE CREDITS xD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:42 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Rory is posted too. I keep forgetting how to write her, else it would have been up sooner. (I'm still working on her relationship with her dad, so the problems I had shouldn't persist in the future as he's kinda irrelevant)
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:39 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome posts, @Kirkiln and @TheMulticoloredCyr! I love how you made Levi seem like a ghost in your posts - it's very fitting for what I'm evilly scheming what I have planned! If you haven't claimed points for the challenge yet, you should go do that - I think both of you would get a lot of them. <3
mage

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:15 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Is Levi a ghost? You better not xD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:20 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

;)
mage

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:14 am
View Likes
Omni says...

In the distance, sirens

sass levels loading

[he/him]

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:48 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Speakin a which, my post is making progress
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

15 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:13 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

When the time comes to navigate Traverse Town I'll be ready as I just did a heck ton of research XD

Also @Magestorrow, would you be opposed to Rhea's parents being a possible fun cameo of Tiana and Naveen from Princess and The Frog? I'd understand if that doesn't fit the canon, but I thought it could be kinda fun

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber