Young Writers Society

Kingdom Hearts: The Storybook [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I can't do any serious post planning because of how busy we are this week, but I can when we get back/answer any questions you have this week if you have them! Just let me know if you're really struggling with anything, and I might be able to give you an idea on what to do.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:03 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

So...What's next guys?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

We still have two more introductory posts to go (@KaiRyu @ScarlettFire) but there shouldn't be a problem with the characters already in Traverse Town to begin interacting with each other.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:48 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Sorry, I've been trying to catch up, but with work and various other things popping up, it's meant I've been busy. I'll try to catch up in the next few days!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It's alright! Thanks for letting us know, @ScarlettFire.

How's your post coming along, @KaiRyu? If you need help with planning it still, I'm back from our vacation. There might a day or two I can't help out this week, but I'd love to scheme with you if you need the help. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:03 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sorry to bother you again, @KaiRyu, but how's your post doing?

On an unrelated note, I had a rough idea for what the second round of posts will involve. Since it would take a long time to get through another round of introductory-style posts where characters run into each other in town because of how large our cast is, I was thinking we could dive straight into the plot. Any character interactions that happen before that plot can be shown in flashbacks in our posts, but they won't be the main focus of those posts. The only exception would be my post for the round, since it's the first post and it makes sense to explain why one character is walking around town with another when they hadn't met in our last posts.

(That character is @SirenCymbaline's Baba, by the way!)
mage

queer and here.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

It’s coming along. Sorry for the wait everyone, I’m not so used to doing storybooks. XD
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:08 pm
Mageheart says...

It's alright, @KaiRyu - I just wanted to check in quickly. :)
mage

queer and here.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:27 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

So it should be finished by the end of the month if that’s alright with everyone. ^-^
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 pm
Mageheart says...

That's fine with me! Good luck on your post. <3
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:45 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome post, @KaiRyu! I'm sorry for taking so long to read it - I was too busy and tired this weekend to read it sooner. But Edin already seems like a great character, and your post was a very enjoyable read. <3

The only problem that there might be is the last line about the boy in the box. Was that Baba? @SirenCymbaline and I have been working on an interaction between Baba and Lira for the next post, and I'm not sure what Siren would want to do about Edin being there. Do you have any problem with changing up the character that Edin runs into?

Going off of that comment - this time for everyone involved in the storybook - the current plan is for @SirenCymbaline and I to finish up the interaction in the first post for the next round once we're both free, and for me to finish up whatever remains of that post.

When it is finally up, I'll post a challenge and a rough idea of what the plot for the next round will be - I just have to see how this post goes first.

I can't wait for all of our characters to meet up!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, everyone! Just popping in really quick to remind you all to claim any points you might have gotten from July's Captain's Challenge! You can get up to four points by posting in storybooks, one point from creating a storybook challenge, and another point from creating a storybook. The challenge officially ends in six days, so try to claim your points before then.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I think the Heartless got to this challenge. :P

Still not quite used to posting expired challenges in my own storybooks, but I'll get used to it someday.

Kingdom Hearts: The Storybook
Arc I: Arrival of Darkness

Challenged Adventurer(s)

@Magestorrow, @Kirkiln, @TheMulticoloredCyr, @HazelGrace16, @KaiRyu, @LordZeus, @SirenCymbaline, @ScarlettFire and @Sunnydragon.

The Challenge

The storybook has officially begun! Usually, my storybooks start with an introductory round of posts, but we're going to head straight into the action in this storybook. The goal of your post for this round is to cover all of the major plot points - I'll also go over them in the storybook's DT for posterity. You need to have your character going about their normal life, have their world get attacked by the Heartless, and have Levi pop up somehow. And, for a fun bonus for this round and any future rounds, you can include a reference to the canon games for an extra point!

Completion Time

July 16th, 2019

Credits Awarded

You can get one point for posting, and another point if your post is over seven hundred words. You can get one point for doing each of these following things in your post, for a grand total of four points:

1. Include your character going about their normal life.
2. Include the arrival of the Heartless and/or the destruction of their world.
3. Have Levi come up, either by your character seeing a boy who looks like he did when they last met at their world, or by them reminiscing about him.
4. Include a reference to the actual games. It can be a major or a small one, as long as you describe what that reference is when claiming your points.

You can get up to six points from this challenge!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:34 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey guys!

Even though we haven't had any new posts for this storybook in a bit, I just wanted to remind everyone that it's still going strong. @ScarlettFire, how's that post coming along? I know you had to catch up on some of the previous posts, but will you be able to get it up soon?
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:29 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

AIGHT it's time to make notes on what Disney/Disney owned worlds we wanna visit! We're not following the game's plot exactly, just going wherever we want.

We didn't save the list of ones that came up in the discord before, but I'll write down the ones I remember people wanted.

-Wonderland

-Sleeping Beauty Kingdom

-Atlantica (Little Mermaid world)

-Halloween Town

-Brave Kingdom

I know there was more I didn't remember so please tell us here what worlds you're interested in!
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

If you have a Kuzco in your life and they don't turn into a llama, bail.
— Alan SeaWright