Young Writers Society

The Quest for the Slime King [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome first post, @Dilbert64! I'm curious to see how Pharin's going to interact with the other characters, and I love the interactions you had with the guards so far.

@PrincessInk, @TinkerTwaggy, @Sujana, and @ScarlettFire, we haven't heard much from you guys! How are you posts coming along? Do you need any help with them - I'd be happy to offer my help. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I already did my 1st post :P

Anyway I'm excited to see where this story goes!! :D
always daydreaming, always clumsy

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Whoops, didn't mean to tag you. :P
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:11 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I've been trying to catch up! So it's coming....eventually, lol.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:31 am
Omni says...

Your challenge has expired!

Magestorrow wrote:
The Quest for the Slime King
Arc I: The Party Assembles

Challenged Adventurer(s)

@Magestorrow, @PrincessInk, @TinkerTwaggy, @Featherstone, @Sujana, @Dilbert64, @ScarlettFire.

The Challenge

This first challenge is a relatively simple one: we just need to get to know your characters. It's up to you to decide how you'll introduce them - you can show their interactions with Itozan's capital, with the important people in their lives, or even some nice introspection into their own lives. And, as always, you can score some points for having your character interact with other people's characters.

Completion Time

July 5th, 2019

Credits Awarded

You can get one point for posting, and another point if your post is over 500 words. You can get one point for doing each of these following things in your post, for a grand total of four points:

1. Have your character interact with someone else's character.
2. Have your character interact with Itozan's capital.
3. Have your character interact with an important person in their life.
4. Have you character reflect on why they decided to take up the king's quest.

You can get up to six points from this challenge!

I hope to see more challenges in the future :D was there anyone who still earned credits for this but didn't declare them?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm going to assume that there wasn't, since no one's replied to the thread, but please say something in the DT if you did. :)

Besides that, don't forget to post if you haven't already!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, guys! It would be awesome if we could keep this storybook alive, so please post if you haven't already. <3

Right now we're waiting on posts from @TinkerTwaggy, @ScarlettFire and @Sujana. If you can't post soon, just let me know. I just don't want everyone to forget that this storybook is still active. :)
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:26 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I’m fully intending to post in this! I’ve just been busy and I need to catch up, I think. I’ll try to get around to this in the next few days!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:59 am
Mageheart says...

Thanks for checking in, @ScarlettFire!

@TinkerTwaggy and @Sujana, are you still interested in being a part of this storybook?
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:52 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, everyone! Just popping in really quick to remind you all to claim any points you might have gotten from July's Captain's Challenge! You can get up to four points by posting in storybooks, one point from creating a storybook challenge, and another point from creating a storybook. The challenge officially ends in six days, so try to claim your points before then.
mage

queer and here.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:00 pm
View Likes
Dilbert64 says...

Um, I really don't wanna seem rude or inconsiderate, or anything, but perhaps we should just continue the storybook since it's been a few months and it seems like the people who haven't responded don't want to be in the storybook anymore.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

You're not being rude at all, @Dilbert64! Thanks for drawing attention to the storybook. <3

I think @Sujana might have left the site, but @TinkerTwaggy and @ScarlettFire are both still active. ScarlettFire's mentioned working on a post, so I'll wait just a little bit more before moving on. If there's not another post up by September 1st, I'll consider this round done and start working on the next.
mage

queer and here.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:46 pm
View Likes
Dilbert64 says...

So has the next round started?

(I'm really sorry if this sounds impatient, I was just wondering.)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Not yet! I'll tag @ScarlettFire and @TinkerTwaggy one last time to make sure they're working on their posts. If they don't reply to this thread in the next week, I'll say we can start the next round. If they do, we'll give them however long they need to write their posts.

And don't worry about it! I appreciate you continuing to ask how the storybook is coming along - I've been meaning to post in this thread for awhile, but I kept forgetting about it.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:39 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Hmm... Yeah, should prolly copy-past it.

Spoiler! :
Though I'm automatically tagging the people that own the SBs I'm a part of, this also concerns people that work with me in general:

I apologize for disappearing on all of you for so long and doing it so suddenly.
I mean, it's something I actually do a lot, socially-speaking, but it usually doesn't follow me all the way to YWS (save for a few times here and there, but eh, those are mostly because of exams, health or such).
Point us, this is why I'm doing things a bit more formally than I usually would. I don't particularly enjoy slowing stories I'm a part of down, and I've been trying to to catch up for a while now.
Aaaanyway, so to specify:
•I have a job now,
•Said job requires me to move to another country,
•And I had a week to do that, week during which I was repeatedly tested by the company I'll be started to work for soon because they required to mess with me and write down whatever was necessary to check if I was mentally fit or not.

As insane as that was, my only complaint is if I one day learn that they didn't have fun messing with either me or anyone else.

Anyway, so this seriously messed up my attempt at catching up, which is why I finally decided to warn you all. I know I can be slow and people allow it provided I show results and interest, which I like to believe I usually deliver, but this is getting way more out of hand than usual.

So! Here I am. Still here, still interested, still wanting to write. I just... Need to sort things out again. My only real excuse is that this year wasn't an easy one for me, objectively-speaking, but eh, I guess that's technically not your problem. So, yes, sorry for being more of a bother than I should be.
I'll go catch my plane, now. My plane and my donuts.

Okay, so, hi! Yes, I'm still interested. Does that last message mean that I have one week to post something, @Magestorrow ?
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red