Young Writers Society

The Quest for the Slime King [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hello there! If we haven't met before, I'm Mage. I know this is a long post, but please read through all of it - it has some very important information about the story!

This storybook is heavily inspired by Dungeons and Dragons. Though no rolling of dice is involved when making decisions, the story is largely at the mercy of the characters involved. Furthermore, the characters themselves have a lot of freedom. You can make them whatever fantasy race you want them to be, as long as you provide sufficient backstory on how they ended up taking part in the quest.

Before we start posting in the main thread, we'll work on creating characters. Feel free to delete anything in the parentheses; those are just there to guide you.

If you're new to storybooking, I'll be glad to help you out! If you're not, feel free to go and make your character using the character profile posted in the spoiler down below. All you have to do is copy-and-paste the code into one of these, and fill in the rest.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Full Name:[/b] (Include any nicknames they have here!)

[b]Role:[/b] (What do they do in a combat-style situation? Are they a healer? A fighter? A strategist? It's up to you! Just give me a general idea here.)

[b]Alignment:[/b] (You would be a classic D&D alignment here, like Chaotic Neutral.)

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Brief History:[/b]

[b]Talents:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

Here's the WriterFeedPad for this storybook.

And here's the invite for the Discord server that I use for all my storybooks! You don't have to join, but I thought I'd include it for those who like using Discord.

I can't wait to do this storybook with all of you!

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed May 01, 2019 10:55 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I've been excited for this ever since you started talking about it! Please sign me up! :D
always daydreaming, always clumsy

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 11:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Will do! <3 Welcome to the storybook, @PrincessInk!
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu May 02, 2019 12:41 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

I'm in! :D
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu May 02, 2019 7:43 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Pretty much what PrincessInk said :3

Haaai, I also exist! I shall join this StoryBook so as to experiment with yet another character and concept. Count me in!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 02, 2019 8:54 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the storybook, @TinkerTwaggy and @Featherstone!
mage

queer and here.

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

You got room for a bard, Mage?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Of course, @Sujana. :)
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2019 12:13 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oooh, a bard! Fun spot, for sure!

I'll be an offense/support hybrid, personally! I put some info in that in the WFP, but basically, my character can use a blade that shoots energy bolts, either to damage foes or heal allies. When she doesn't do that, she uses a squad of weak bug-like familiars that give a passive healing effect — to either herself or allies.

So, yeah! That's two spots planned to some degree, for now. I wonder if we'll have a hyper-offensive team, a defensive one instead, or something else entirely XD
Mage, d'you plan for Ximum to be like a general strategist, or more like a fighting king?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu May 02, 2019 2:18 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'm thinking that my character *might* be an elementalist, with skills are primarily in fire and water. But if there looks like there might need to be a healer, I'd like to have my character take up that mantle! I'm still in the idea stage and anything can happen!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

40 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2019 7:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oooh, that would make two healers! It's actually a very good idea. Zai On (Yes my character now has that name) only heals passively, so it might be too slow whenever we're fighting very aggressive ennemies, or super powerful ones like bosses. Having a pure Healer would help a lot, for sure.
Hmm, but then again, water-related spells tend to deal with healing, in a number of dnd-inspired realities. You could totally have a fire/water user that happens to have big healing-related water skills, in case you wouldn't want to sacrifice that concept too much!

But yeah, still in the idea stage, got it! Fun stuff all around, that's for sure.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 02, 2019 9:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@TinkerTwaggy, I'm thinking that Ximum's more of the sitting things out type - including with our little quest. :) I'm still working out the specifics of my character, but they're probably going to be a swordsman.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Fri May 03, 2019 12:00 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Right, so prolly a negotiator, then? because holy cow good point we might actually need that
Oh neat! That would give us at least two swordsmen, but yes — at this point, we're prolly all working on specifics to some degree, so that's not a big surprise, I suppose! This does give me a good initial vibe for our party though, so I'm glad I asked. Thankies!

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Fri May 03, 2019 5:04 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

I frankly don't know whether I want to be the sort of bard that'll get kicked out of a palace in 0.5 seconds or the sort of bard that manages to convince the BBEG to join the party after a cup of tea. The possibilities are, frankly, endless. Are tieflings available as a species?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

40 Reviews

Fri May 03, 2019 7:14 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

From my understanding of the character template and SB rules, pretty much any species is available as long as it's not game-breaking, so tieflings should be fine, whatever they are!

It's easier to come up with new stories than it is to finish the ones you already have. I think every author would feel that way.
— Stephanie Meyer