The Quest for the Slime King [DT]

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat May 04, 2019 6:23 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

@Magestorrow: secret plans? Looking forward to them!!

I'll start working on my CP soon-ish, maybe tonight if I have enough time!

Also I don't know much about DnD, so uh, sorry, if I sometimes don't get what you guys are talking about :P
always daydreaming, always clumsy

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat May 04, 2019 10:01 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@PrincessInk Don't worry, you're not expected to! Although any DnD-related term can easily be googled, including species and stuff, since there are extensive guides for anything related to it. It should help a lot in case it's necessary.

@Sujana Pascal. Is. The. Absolute. Best.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Sun May 05, 2019 10:20 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

@TinkerTwaggy Thank you, but you won't be saying that after they start stealing stuff.

Also, if @Magestorrow doesn't mind, I might decide my outcomes with dice rolls for the fun of it (since I already have Pascal's character sheet and skills lined up). Not sure what that will look like but we will find out, hopefully.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun May 05, 2019 10:31 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I don't mind at all!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2019 11:01 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sujana On the contrary, m'dear, I appreciate misdeeds even if they personally annoy me, for if their quality is top-notch, them being annoying is only an objective issue :3
So basically I'm the kind of villain that, should you threaten to blow up my home planet while I try to conquer yours, I'd back down and leave, but not before offering you cookies, flowers, an apology and slow claps for being awesome even though we're enemies. I'm a very chill conqueror.

Also, you should totally do the dice roll things. I remember having a character in an SB (Dare Devil Diecast) whose power was based on summoning random items out of a list, and during every fight, I legit just rolled a real die to see how to shape the next description. Though it shouldn't be mandatory for everyone to do this because Freedom, your mentioning of that reminds me that it would spice things up in a variety of ways, so yeah, thanks for mentioning that!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

383 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2019 11:21 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

Yeah, the dice roll aspect has always gotten in the way of actual roleplaying in real life DnD (at least from my experience, especially in Adventure League). It's fun if you want a character whose able to mess up for ridiculous reasons, but it's (hilariously) inconvenient when the intelligent wizard isn't able to detect magic from an object because she got a nat 3 while the dumbass barbarian can because he somehow got a nat 20.

40 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2019 11:55 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Totally agreed, though depending on how the DM narrates it, it can actually make sense, or generate extra hilarity for everyone to enjoy!
It gets easily annoying if it happens multiple times in a row, though

383 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2019 1:13 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

@Magestorrow if I'm going ahead with the dice roll idea, could I ask you to make the DCs/Minimum Success Roll? Like, if I want to persuade the Head of the Guards to give the party more money, could you just set up the minimum roll I need to succeed? Also, this is only for ability checks and stuff, because tbh I can't imagine the hellish landscape combat would look like if it depended on dice rolls. It's fine if you don't want to do it though lol

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 05, 2019 1:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I can definitely do that - I just need to know what a good minimum roll is. I've admittedly only been part of one campaign, and have never DMed, so I don't have much experience when it comes to picking things like that. What would you suggest is a good one?
mage

queer and here.

383 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2019 1:54 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

I feel like it's definitely a bit arbitrary, but I could be wrong, since I've never DMed myself. I imagine if an NPC is smart, they'd be harder to fool, so their minimum roll for Deception might be 16. Everything depends on how difficult or easy you think a roll should be to the average person ^^ and anyway, I'm not the type to complain if I fail a check/save, so it should be fine haha.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun May 05, 2019 4:32 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Assuming we're rolling a d20, my experience with DMing has been that an average DC for something somewhat difficult/needs some skill but isn't super hard is around 10-12; difficult DCs wind up in the 15/16 range; and they're rarely below 10 unless it's SUPER easy or above 16 unless it's a boss fight or something. Nat 20s always succeed and nat 1s always fail.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

12 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2019 7:48 pm
View Likes
Dilbert64 says...

Apologies if I sound stupid for asking, but I submitted my character on the character editing page and I'm not sure what happens next.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 05, 2019 7:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

You're not sounding stupid at all! You just have to wait for me to look it over. If I don't see any problems, I'll accept the character and you'll get an automated message saying they were accepted. If I do, I'll shoot you a message and we can talk about it.

Once everyone has their characters in and accepted, we'll start working on how we want to start the storybook off. <3
mage

queer and here.

12 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2019 7:57 pm
View Likes
Dilbert64 says...

Thanks fer letting me know.

I have to ask. Does every question or statement regarding the quote generator end up in the quote generator?
— WeepingWisteria