And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:28 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@hiraeth Accepted! I was wondering who that anonymous character page belonged to...mystery solved!

I should have my character sheet up by the end of today, then we can start talking story

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:52 pm
trashykawa says...

yeah, i kinda had to submit my character page twice....i don't know what happened the first time, it just didn't show up.
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

45 Reviews

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:19 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Alright! Now that the full cast is together, let's dig deeper into the actual story.

First off, I was thinking overall the story would be a combination of crime fighting, with different villains popping up and causing trouble every so (Probably very) often, and a bit of a free range slice of life with these characters all sharing space in this old RV that Jack was able to steal using her powers. Whether we want Grim characters to be prominent villains or used more as final bosses is something I'd love you guys' opinion on.

In the near future we might get the government involved as attacks become more of a concern to them, at which point there could be a whole other set of problems they need to deal with which we can probably wait to discuss unless any of you are dying to weigh in on it now.

Any thoughts or ideas?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:50 pm
View Likes
Noobwriter88 says...

Well I love the idea of villains, I like the idea of the government being included, and the grim characters being villains is interesting and cool

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:59 am
AlyTheBookworm says...

Sounds good to me :)

Also, maybe we could just start with some introductory posts where the settings and characters can be introduced. The group could show off their powers by fighting a minor villain to introduce their situation, powers, and a bit about where they came from and what they're doing.

Then we could just see where the story goes. I like the idea of slice-of-life mixed with crime fighting though, with the Grims being final bosses or prominent villains.

45 Reviews

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:55 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@AlyTheBookworm that's definitely a good way to start!

If we wanted to use Grim as prominent villains, then we may want to implement the government involvement aspect much sooner, to keep the story moving along without it getting monotonous. Now that I'm thinking about it, this would be the course of action that makes the most sense.

A few other bits of information. Onyx's secondary power is possession, but not in the same way as Daniel (By the way Aly I think there could be a showdown between the two in the future because of this, but we can discuss that later.) Onyx is able to plant seeds of his consciousness in others, which allows him to speak to their minds, influence their decisions, or completely take them over. This is the true reason behind kids going Grim, but no one actually knows that yet. Likely, most would think he hasn't yet unlocked his secondary power, or believe it to be something else.
For the reason of keeping this a secret to the rest of the cast at least in the beginning, Monica won't be a part of the original group and will join them later on in the story, though this will still likely be early on.

I think this is enough to at least get us started, so I'll start work on the first post! Meanwhile I'm still open for any thoughts or ideas you guys may have. Let's get this Storybook running!

91 Reviews

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:01 am
AlyTheBookworm says...

Alright.

Also, cool idea. It's interesting that Onyx is the one causing kids to go Grim.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:52 pm
trashykawa says...

wait, what's onyx's main power?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

45 Reviews

Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:25 pm
Europa says...

Umbrakenesis, the ability to control shadows.

45 Reviews

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:34 am
View Likes
Europa says...

And the first post is up! Who's next?

91 Reviews

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:13 pm
AlyTheBookworm says...

I can take the next post if no one wants it, but it probably won't be done until Tuesday or Wednesday- I've got a bunch of tests and presentations this week due to Spring Break coming up.

Also, super fun first post. I was cracking up at the song chosen for the car chase lol.

Before I start writing, I was wondering: You mentioned there was a gunman. Are there multiple in the pickup truck or just the one?

45 Reviews

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:41 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Thanks! It was really fun to write that scene. Absolutely take your time with the post, and good luck with school! To answer your question, I imagined there were two people and possibly a hostage.

45 Reviews

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:55 pm
Europa says...

@AlyTheBookworm how goes the post?

91 Reviews

Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 pm
AlyTheBookworm says...

@Europa I'm currently drowning in homework, studying for a test, and haven't had much time to work on it...

If anyone else would like to, feel free to take the next post. If not, I'll try to get it up by Friday or Saturday. Sorry about that! Didn't think I'd be this busy. :/

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice