z

Young Writers Society

Pure-Hearted DT

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 pm
trashykawa says...

okay. and i'l go after you, if that's okay?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:32 pm
Europa says...

Bit of a shortie this time, but my post is up! @hiraeth I'd like to give @Noobwriter88 a shot at it first, because he's already committed to writing the next post, but you can go after him if you'd like!

98 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 pm
trashykawa says...

okay :)
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

45 Reviews

Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:40 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I've just been informed by Noob that he's having trouble accessing YWS, and to give you the go-ahead to post, @hiraeth. Can't wait to see it!

98 Reviews

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:58 pm
trashykawa says...

so, just informing, i'll probably have my post up by Wednesday night. that okay?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

45 Reviews

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:02 pm
Europa says...

@hiraeth Yeah, that's great! Looking forward to reading it.

98 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:04 pm
trashykawa says...

woot I'm done with my post! I thought we could change things up a bit; this continuously fighting random people was getting kind of tedious, so i thought if we had a bit of an actual direction, it would be better? Tell me if it'll be a problem though, and I'll change that post accordingly.
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

45 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:25 pm
Europa says...

@hiraeth, It's a good idea for a plot point, but I do wish you had brought it up beforehand either with me directly or in the DT. That way we would have had time to flesh it out and plan what was going to happen after, and people would have been able to think of how to react towards this.
That said, I like the direction this idea takes the story in, even if it's a little sudden. I had another idea that I wanted to put up for discussion, and it actually might work a lot better when combined with this. I'd like to be able to discuss and plan a little further with you if you have the time.

The only note I have on the post itself is that Monica's fingers would actually be broken from the power strike, as well as her being a little out of it.

98 Reviews

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:32 am
trashykawa says...

ah dang yes, i'm so sorry, i should've brought it up in the DT. completely slipped my mind... but you know, feel free to edit what you want in there (as the creator, you can do that right?). And a little further planning and discussion sounds good.
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

45 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:24 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Alright, guys here's what I was thinking after talking with hiraeth.

We go along with the plan and head back to headquarters, and Onyx makes the journey back hard by sending his forces after us. When we get there the break-in fails, and Onyx's forces overwhelm us. We're able to escape but are stopped on our way by government agents.

The government has seen footage and gotten reports of our group battling it out with the Grim, and have set out to stop the struggle. They'd be a sort of middle ground, getting in the way of both Onyx and our dysfunctional family of van teens.
Opinions?

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:32 am
AlyTheBookworm says...

Sounds good to me, though the government getting involved does make it more complicated. Will the gov. agents also be antagonists that the group has to avoid and escape?

45 Reviews

Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:06 pm
Europa says...

Unless they decide to try and work with them, which means complying to their demands. I think the government wouldn't want to hurt them, they'd just want to neutralize the fighting between both sides. Most likely they'd just take them to a safehouse and try and keep them from getting involved in the situation again, maybe run a few tests to figure out what happened to them. (Spoilers, it wasn't really magic) Which causes a whole other set of problems since I doubt anyone would want to just sit there and let the gov. handle Onyx.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:12 pm
AlyTheBookworm says...

Okay- thanks! That makes sense. So who is writing the next post?

45 Reviews

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:17 am
Europa says...

It's currently open, I could always post for Mon but I'd like to wait until a few other people go since I just went.

45 Reviews

Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:20 pm
Europa says...

The people who have yet to post are
@Noobwriter88
@AlyTheBookworm
and me for Monica.
do either of you want to claim this next post? If not I'll go for Mon.

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World