Young Writers Society

Bluebell's Spring [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hello there! If we haven't met before, I'm Mage. I know this is a long post, but please read through all of it - it has some very important information about the story!

Bluebell is ultimately a character-driven story. It does have a designated ending–the opening of the town green/park–but plots will be created to fit whatever you have in mind for your character. If you want a high school romance, go right ahead! If you want to have your character a little coffee shop, I'm down for it. If you just want to write a single mother taking care of her kids, I'm down for it. You can even have a writer who frequents some of the local cafes, if that's your cup of tea! The possibilities are endless, and don't be afraid to reuse characters you've already created.

Before we start posting in the main thread, we'll figure out the plot of the first few posts in the storybook. We'll always work on creating characters. Feel free to delete anything in the parentheses; those are just there to guide you.

If you're new to storybooking, I'll be glad to help you out! If you're not, feel free to go and make your character using the character profile posted in the spoiler down below. All you have to do is copy-and-paste the code into one of [url]these[/url], and fill in the rest.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Full Name:[/b] (Include any nicknames they have here!)

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Family and Friends:[/b] (Do they have any family members or friends that live in Bluebell, or would play an important role in their life?)

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b] (What's their life been like so far, and how long have they lived in Bluebell?)

[b]Thoughts on the Park:[/b] (Why are they excited for the opening of the town park?)

Here's the WriterFeedPad for this storybook.

And here's the invite for the Discord server that I use for all my storybooks! You don't have to join, but I thought I'd include it for those who like using Discord.

I can't wait to do this storybook with all of you! Let me know in this thread if you want to join. <3 I'd also be happy to answer any questions on what posts for this story will be like, as well as anything else storybook-related!

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:07 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'm joining, but only 'cause it's an official Storybook that also happens to be slice of life, which makes it easier to manage for everyone.

I come in with a Character Template!

Oh, also, I'm gonna make things slightly crazy. Gimme my limits, and I'll set 'em. The experiment I'm trying to go with here is to minimize the crazy so that the realistic nature of everyone else isn't bothered. Which is why I don't plan for anyone else at all to actually be involved in my character's personal struggles, while said character is sweating bullets trying to keep everything as normal as it's supposed to be.
If I can't do that, I'll do something else, but that's the plan.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:00 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

It's been awhile since I did a storybook but this sounds like a fun one to ease into.

I'll get my character together in a bit. I have some particular ideas...

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

40 Reviews

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:18 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@LadyBird ...Oh gosh, hadn't seen you since Rogue. Hope you've been doing well, m'dear! Granted, I'm not very active outside of SBs, so I've prolly been missing out elsewhere.

Either way, welcome! I happen to have some particular ideas as well, but as per Mage's request, I'm waiting for the cast to, y'know, be a thing to make sure I can have a general opinion and avoid breaking something I shouldn't XD Anything specific you wanna do already?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:41 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

@TinkerTwaggy That's soooo long ago.

My culinary streak in all of the YWS realms continues.
Last time I was in someone else's SB, I was a bartender.
This time I'll [potentially] be a diner/cafe owner.

Bluebell Diner
Made slice of life by:
- interacting with the other characters
- some sappy romance I'm still crafting
- and general struggles with work

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

40 Reviews

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:52 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@LadyBird Right?! Ugh, it feels like years.
...Which... it prolly is, all things considered, but eh, I do pride myself in my longterm memory to some degree XD

Oh gosh, culinary streak, you say? Now that is something I can get behind. Written flavors!
I like the idea of a cafe owner, to be honest. Reminds me of this one cafe (Blue Cats Café) I've seen in an anime, it was a fun place for the main cast to hang out in. Hmm... And come to think of it, dine + cafe are sometimes one single establishment, so hey, one doesn't stop the other!

I am definitely having my character come in for general struggles with work. Also interacting. But mostly struggles XD

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:14 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Okay I'm in this! I have to work out details, but I'm thinking a former minor celebrity who has come to Bluebell to lead a quiet retirement (maybe writing of some sort?)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the storybook, @LadyBird and @niteowl! I know I already talked to LadyBird and welcomed her to the storybook on Discord, but there's no harm in a double welcome. <3

I'm planning on getting my character up sometime this weekend. As of right now, I know her name is Reynie and that she's somehow involved with a clothing store. I'm still trying to figure out if this means she'll just be working there or if she actually owns it.
mage

queer and here.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:48 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

After remembering that this SB is a thing my brain decided to think up an entire character for it, so here I am. I would love to be a part of this if possible!

Edit: @Magestorrow I went ahead and submitted my new character for approval because I figured that would be okay~

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

We'd love to have you, @Coffeeism! I apologize for taking so long to look through your character profile - I love what I saw when I finally did! <3 Sam sounds like he's going to be a great addition to the storybook, and I can't wait to see how he works with the other characters.
mage

queer and here.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

All good <3

I sort of mentioned this in the Discord chat, but I'm also really happy to edit Sam's CP to include ways he could connect/interact with the characters y'all make, since it's a SB. If anyone has ideas for this I'm down like a clown.

Also the side characters in Sam's CP can be stolen or added to if that works for anyone. I'm really not attached to keeping Sam and his world to himself d:

40 Reviews

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:33 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Coffeeism Welcome to the SB, m'dear!
Ideas? Welp, I would very much like to see if I could try and have him interested in the almost-empty toy drone club Shaterria's in, buut she'll prolly try that with most of the characters anyway XD Aside that, I'm not sure! He could definitely be a friend, a classmate or a vague acquaintance, though, so that could also lead somewhere.

Ooh, a free NPC world! I shall also keep that in mind

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I apologize for taking so long to come up with a character, but my character profile for this is finally up! I discarded my original idea for Reynie's character and instead made her a secondary character - the actual character I'm writing for is her sibling Remy. Remy the president of the high school's GSA and environmental clubs, and also DMs for the local D&D group.

I'm going to try coming up with a first post during this upcoming week, but feel free to beat me to the punch with one of your own!
mage

queer and here.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:41 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@Magestorrow Remy is great! (They remind me of a classmate I went to school with lol). I'm looking forward to the DnD and environmental stuff. I already talked with Twaggy about this, but I have some plans regarding Sam's sexuality (he discovers he's bi), so having some other LGBTQ+ characters in this SB will be cool.

Sam also discovers some other things about himself (namely depression), since he's young yet starting to become more aware and mature. Having this more realistic SB feels like a good opportunity to explore character growth and modern issues in a big way, which are the main reasons why I'm excited~

lol funny how the three characters we have so far are all teenagers

I can probably write a post some time later this upcoming week (I need to prioritise other things until Monday's over). Hmm... I'll need to think about how I'd start Sam's first post

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:00 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Finally got my CP up! She is definitely not a teenager haha.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"