z

Young Writers Society

In Service to the Hierophant DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:45 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter Right? I'm enjoying these profiles, as well! Plus, we've got two nymphs and two humans, which I like, for balance's sake.
Also, as a stuttering person myself, I'm loving the precision you've used for Lylander's portrayal. Can't wait to see his cuteness in action!

Welp, back to the scheming grounds! I'm already done planning out my character relationships and goals, but now it's time to add Lylander to those! Should be fun :3

Hmm... Well, Twaggy be Twaggy, so I planned to start my post with an trial mission so that Rumishu could apply for joining the Woodwatch's Spider Corps.
Since we must start by moving into the apartment, I can totally do that after moving in!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:53 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Hehehehehehehe... I am double posting for two reasons: first... Well, my DT posts are long enough as they are, so elongating it with an edit would make it unnecessary overwhelming. Second? I did find a way to add Lylander to my character-related plans, and upgrades lil' shards of what I want with Rumishu at the same time. Can't wait to apply all that XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:14 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I absolutely love the look of this group!we've got so many different personalities to bounce off of and that makes the possiblities for growth pretty much endless!

@Astralhunter I think it would be cool to start on a mission early on, since that's when the whole group on both watches would be able to interact, but I also think it would be useful to have a bit of slice of life tomfoolery before getting into the big stuff.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:43 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The Challenge: Since the SB hasn't started yet, creating your character profiles is currently the main priority! As far as I'm aware, most of you have started yet, which is quite commendable! I haven't even finished updating the list of golems yet, but I swear, everytime I say I'll get around to it, the professors and doctors decide to throw more work my way. At least you have an idea of which golems you want at the start, which is good. If you want me to look over your CP before you submit it, that's fine by me, but since there's no history section, I'm pretty sure you can write whatever you like for much of it.

Completion Time: This won't take very long, so just do it whenever you have the time! I, err, will be following that route myself; I therefore can't really enforce anything else.

Credits Awarded: It's a really simple character profile, so I think two credits is reasonable! For my two nymphs, you know you can ask me questions at any time and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

PS: The storybook is still open, so if anybody wants to join, you're more than welcome to!

All of us completed this challenge in a timely manner, which is excellent! If the next one could go just as successfully, that'd be great! Tort is already busy with a post, and since I'm free until April, I can actually write now.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:01 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The new challenge is up! Rumishu will retrieve the keys for all the apartments from the landlady, since she'll be arriving first. Thereafter, our characters will need to pick an apartment - there are four on the ground floor and two on the second, with three rooms on each side of the complex - and collect the appropriate key from Rumi. Tort will post first, after which it's Europa, me, and finally Chaser. I'm excited to have this storybook underway! :D
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:16 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Yay! Challenge's official, thank you for that. I've indeed started writing already, so I'll keep on doing that.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:24 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

*sneaks in* May I join?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

40 Reviews

Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:12 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Haaaai♪

Obviously Astral's decision prevails, but since it's totally free to join as of yet (and also we're only four, so it's not like we have too many members or anything), allow me to welcome you already!

293 Reviews

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:42 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@ScarlettFire, you're more than welcome to! The storybook is open to anyone, so if you're interested in joining, we'd be more than happy to have you on board! Feel free to ask me any questions you have.
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:28 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@SarletteFire welcome aboard!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:44 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Haha, thanks! I’ve been asking questions in the discord. Hopefully my profile will be up in a few days!

40 Reviews

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Yes, I did notice! Good luck with said profile, m'dear, though you should be just fine makin' it.

40 Reviews

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Aaand posted! Sorry for taking my time with this. Exams, and such.

Enjoy!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:10 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

YAY FINALLY *runs off to read*

293 Reviews

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:43 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

That was a wonderful opening post, @TinkerTwaggy! It set the tone quite nicely, I think. And your characterisation was excellent! It already feels like all three women have distinctive voices. The grammar and dialogue format was a bit oof at times, but that kind of thing only warrants an initial remark (and without much elaboration). I don't have much further crticism, really, so well done! I especially liked Jani's description — I could perfectly envision her outfit.

@Europa, that means you're up! If you or anybody else have feedback or questions for Tort, feel free to use the DT, server, or any other means of communication that you'd like!

I'm pumped to see this finally take off! :D
— Paul the Apostle

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time