Europa says...

Alright! I should be able to start on my post next week

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat May 04, 2019 2:25 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter though I've already sorta replied to this in the DT:

Thank you, m'dear! Yeah so the issues have been fixed, since I hadn't copied/pasted the fully corrected version, which is very embarrassing, but eh, it's me we're talking about XD
That being said, getting the three gals to have their own voices was especially challenging, so I'm glad I managed that! Especially for Rumi — it's a lot more natural for me than for most people to write a character that's non-native in their speech patterns, I'd assume, but it was loads of fun trying to properly limit it!
And yay for Jani's outfit! I wasn't sure if the colors were fine or not, so that's good.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:49 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Europa has confirmed that she'll be writing next, so stay tuned! :D

@Chaser, are you still with us, friend? It's been a while since this storybook was launched, but you'll get to write for your standoffish Nymph soon enough!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:54 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

I'm on the edge of my metal stool in the corner where I've sat for two months
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

293 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

That's fantastic news! @Europa will likely be communicating with you soon, since she wants to focus on character interaction in her post. I'll be writing after her, but if you're eager to jump ahead, I'd have no objections to it!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:35 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Hey guys! I'm afraid I'll have to push back my post, because I'll be gone for a week at camp, but I'll get right back to work on it when I return!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey there! Your challenge has expired!

AstralHunter wrote:

The Challenge: We've known for a while what the posting order is, but let's make it official! Our characters have to move into their apartments, with Rumi, Dallie, Lyle, and Caduciel respectively arriving at the complex. Each apartment has its own bedroom, bathroom (Skyreach has an impressive sanitation and water system), study, small kitchen, and small living area. Nothing will stop your character from making their place comfortable, but if the others have already moved in, they should say hi! Rumi will collect the keys from the landlady, but everyone else will have to go see her to enter their apartments. Speaking of those, there are four on the ground floor and two on the second - it's first come first serve!

Completion Time: Hopefully only a few weeks, since Tort has already started with his post, but a month ought to suffice. I'm free for the next week and a half, so I can write a post once it's my turn!

Credits Awarded: Three credits are available: one for your character moving in, one for interacting with the complex and/or the other tenants, and then one more for applying changes to the unit to suit your character's preferences and needs.

PS: The storybook is still open, so if anybody wants to join, you're more than welcome to!

That impressive sanitation and water system has piqued my interest haha. I can't wait to see your next challenge and happy SBing!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

45 Reviews

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Made my post. The groups going out to shop can be decided however.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

293 Reviews

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:22 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

My post has now also been completed, which concludes the first round of submissions! Well done, everyone! The first major milestone has been conquered! I am so proud of and grateful for all of your contributions.

I would love to comment on each of your posts, but since it's a bit late, I... think I shall do that tomorrow instead. XD
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:38 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Just to update everyone, I've asked @Europa in the server whether she minds writing the next post, and she doesn't! If anybody wants to discuss stuff, I'll be around! (Both here and in the server, naturally.) I'm also happy to help out with Lyle where needed. ^_^
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:55 pm
BrumalHunter says...

GUESS WHAT, PEOPLE?! We have a post.

Also, since he hasn't had an official welcome in the DT yet, let us bring @Oxara into our company with much cheering and toasting of spider cider! (That's an Undertale joke inspired by the Woodwatch; don't mind me.) He has posted, thereby introducing Avi, his Paragon!

If anybody else truly wants to post next, go ahead! However, I am perfectly willing to write the next post and start guiding the SB in a direction where we can tell some stories.

By the way, I request a response here from everyone to confirm that they've read this post. (A like, though nice, won't be enough. :P) I'll be back with more news soon!
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:48 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Just finished it, and A) Delphina would think him being an inventor was awesome. No doubt she would have run into at least one in her travels, so it wouldn’t be a novelty for her, but she’d think it was cool nonetheless. While she hasn’t designed her own, she often makes Chimeras like Andrea so that could be a bonding thing between them. B) I could post if needed, but would prefer to wait since I’d posted just before and I kinda wanna see what you have planned, Astral.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed May 13, 2020 8:17 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Good timezooone, ladies and gentlemutants♪
too much X-men, always wanted to say that

So, I'll deliver a copy-pasted Shadow Clone'd announcement about dropping out from essentially all my SBs! Reason for that is health-related. We're on YWS, so, I always avoid going into too much details, but let's just say I'm, uh, stuck in a country that's not my own with hopes of going back to a safer place getting... thinner?
...Really no way to soften that blow, huh...

But yes, that means I know I'll have little to zero focus here as a result ('cept for stuff like workshops, to be fair), and given that I'm already notoriously slow, I'd rather not keep that around for everyone's sake.

Ah, yes: I'll also be gradually deleting all my character profiles! Aaaand also my literature works — yeah I'm basically packing up. reasons for that are... mostly focus and ADD-related, as I do have a tendency to look for an escape when in dire situations.
And writing's one heck of a convenient escape.
Not to worry, though! I'll do the same for my posts, which should make it easier for everyone to edit my characters out. I, uh, don't think I'll have time to write them out, which is honestly what I'd prefer doing, but teleportation's also fine in such cases, I suppose

Aaaanyway, take care! I'll, uh, try to survive, in the meantime. I wish this was less literal.

Y'all stay safe, out there!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:03 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Hello, everyone!

The above post from Tort still applies, but I recently spoke to him and we came to an agreement! He resubmitted his posts and character profile for Rumi, and in return, I've agreed that we'll write Rumi out of the story as soon as possible. @Chaser, since you'll probably post before @ScarlettFire posts again, I think that'll come down to you, but I have an idea. (Basically, the Spider Corps makes Rumi an offer, which she accepts, and reassigns her to Stonefast, a garrison to the south.) @Europa, since Dallie and Rumi were set up to become close friends, it would be odd if Dallie had no thoughts on Rumi's absence, and for that reason, I negotiated two future mentions of Rumi for you. (They can be as long as you need them to be, so make good use of them.)

Now, I know the SB's been dormant for a while, but that's because I'm due to post... yet have nothing in mind. @Oxara offered to brainstorm with me, so we can do that in the pad (if I've created one; if not, I shall later) or GDoc for the SB. Europa, you're welcome to join in, since it'll be Lyle, Avi, and Dallie all reporting for duty together.

How are all of you doing otherwise? I hope you're still healthy and sane! (Me, I'm only partially in possession of my sanity. XD)
— Paul the Apostle

That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon