z

Young Writers Society

The Watchers [DT]

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:18 am
View Likes
Samhain says...

I do have to say I am quite intrigued as to who this Taleweaver chap is, @AlexOfLight. I'm going to approve the character.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

103 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:26 am
View Likes
Samhain says...

@Magestorrow @ShadowVyper @zaminami @manilla @AlexOfLight

At the end of my character post I introduced a random old lady character who informs the Watchers that Asmodeus has returned. This old lady is merely a placeholder character. Does anyone want to place claim to put their character in that spot?

Note: The fact that I posted for my character doesn't mean that I think we should start posting right away. I just wanted to quickly write up a post to give joining members an in-depth look at where I'm envisioning this storybook going in the future. Feel free to consider your own character and think about what kind of backstory your character will have as well as what kind of role you want your character to be in this story. We can chat it all out in the DT while we get more members coming.

To all members: be sure to spread the word about the Storybook! Let's advertise!
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:00 am
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

If no one has Tale then it might be difficult to get them in the story as they can't walk. So, who wants their character to be the holder of the talking mask?
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

103 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:06 am
View Likes
Samhain says...

The mask thingy doesn't have a human form? That's interesting. Can your mask teleport? That would be funny if your mask just randomly showed up in the middle of Stonehenge while everyone was talking.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

16 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:35 am
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

They do have a humanoid form(The chibi version is my avatar) but they have to get permission to change to it. Unfortunately they can't teleport so if no one wants to then Tale might just fall from the sky.

103 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:51 am
View Likes
Samhain says...

Who does the mask have to get permission from to transform into human form? What's a chibi?
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

16 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:58 am
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

Oh, sorry @Magestorrow. I didn't see yours. Tale is pretty much a well of knowledge. They are also really OP as they are a rare attack type light bender and can solidify light and can't change that very much. That's why they are a mask in this.

@AmadeusW the temporary owner of the mask.

Google says that this is the definition: Chibi is Japanese slang for "small" or "short." It's usually applied to objects, animals, or people (ie. a short person or a small child). When chibi is used in manga and anime, it tends to have a positive, kawaii connotation. But in real, human conversation it may not.

103 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:21 am
Samhain says...

At this stage, @AlexOfLight, I need to see how this character can help. From my perspective, Taleweaver has very limited powers and thus would not have much influence or contribution to the story at all. Can you show me how Taleweaver would be important and useful in this story?

@Magestorrow @ShadowVyper I'm tagging you two on this if you have comments or questions.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

16 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 am
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

They have collected a lot of knowledge, the seal on the mask has broken down so they can leave the mask and rip out people's souls and possess objects and small animals(they are limited by the mask), they can mess with people's minds and look through their minds(They are the strongest telepath I have.). They also have experience with destroying super OP creatures (they helped a gr fight another really strong demon)

I just now realised how much I left out. XP Sorry.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 am
Shady says...

I think it's a cool idea! Maybe develop it a bit more, but it's supposed to be a Clairvoyant, right? That would give us some more diversity than just a bunch of Watchers. I think as long as there is a clear direction of how this character can be beneficial then it'd be awesome to have them on the team.

When I get around to posting I was going to suggest that we start by having some of the Watchers go to find the Clairvoyants, so I'd love if it wasn't just a bunch of NPC's that we had to go recover. Then once they came together you could offer some more insights if we need it.

Do make sure that you've got some limitations on it, though. Like your character shouldn't be able to read minds/change minds limitlessly to the degree that they can mess with all of our characters dramatically. But maybe if you have that being they can mess with the minds of the Shayatins or something that could be helpful I think!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:53 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

So I saw this pop up in my feed, and I find it an interesting premise.

I'm toying with the idea of having a sort of "traitor" or "double agent" character, like someone who was once a bad guy but then went good. Or perhaps the other way around. I'm not sure yet.

@AlexOfLight, maybe you can create a second character who's like a mortal that came across Taleweaver's mask? So the mortal's a Clairvoyant who has psychic powers but doesn't know why? That could also be an interesting side plot as the other Watchers would want to find who currently has Taleweaver before the bad guys get to them. Also you can always edit your CP to add details you forgot/changed your mind about.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:52 am
zaminami says...

Should I begin a second post or no?
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

16 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:34 pm
AlexOfLight says...

They usually don't mess with minds but they do read them so they say the right thing and they can only talk into people's minds in this form. I was thinking about that @niteowl, but I thought it would be more interesting if someone else had Tale.

103 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:39 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

@hiraeth Your character is absolutely amazing. I would date her!
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:54 pm
View Likes
trashykawa says...

*blushes* glad you approve! :)
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.