The Watchers [DT]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:51 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Just popping in real quick:

@hiraeth

1. Though angel blood is uncommon, it indeed would be a bit of a blatant rip-off. It's totally a template to draw inspiration from, though! The Watchers sound like some sort of magical Justice League, from what the premise shows, so they could've actually been created, made or reached the status in a variety of different ways. That way, every writer would be allowed to have their own spin on the concept, and how they came to join the team.

2. Watcher-Gone-Traitor and Powerful-Shayatin-General are two ideas that can actually join each other. The second case seems more doable because even though it's about as cliché as the first case, it at least makes sense that a demon overlord would have at least one trusty general that would, y'know, perform the necessary steps to revive said demon overlord in times of need. It's especially realistic if it's an army, so hey, that could work!

3. They could be brainwashed or re-educated into agreeing to torture humans. It depends what the Shayatins' basic abilities are, 'cause if it includes persuasion, then they're fine. A villain like, say, Magneto from the X-men, is especially dangerous because he could easily make mutants join his side just by talking to them - part of that is because he has natural charisma and genuinely believes that his cause has a purpose (which it really does). If there are people like that among the Shayatins, it should do the trick! It would be even more amazing if the Clairvoyants read their minds and could tell that "...Huh. He's not lying."

@AlexOfLight for Taleweaver, considering that he's a mask (I'm saying "he" solely to make it easier for me, I'm not assuming gender here), he's limited by the fact that none of his OP powers can be used as long as he doesn't have a host.
To avoid the introduction being a problem, you could always have Tale begin the SB with a host. Could be an animal, to make it weird/funny/entertaining.

Sorry for this random appearance, people! I'm not joining the SB, buuuut since I tend to read 'em as I pass, I thought it might be useful to throw my two cents in the matter. Hope it helps! If it doesn't, you may shoot me!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:26 pm
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

I sort of used the animal idea, @TinkerTwaggy. Thank you for it. :mrgreen:

How was my post?
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:04 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

@LadyJackalope, loved your post!
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

103 Reviews

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

@Magestorrow, I remember you saying you'll be getting your character up soon. Do you want me to wait for you before doing my second post for Michael Hayworth? If not, I should have a post ready soon. @ShadowVyper @manilla @AlexOfLight @hiraeth @zaminami
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:22 pm
Mageheart says...

I have a really busy week ahead of me with school stuff, so it might be better not to wait for me. :) I'm going to try getting one up soon, but it's hard to tell when.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:30 am
manilla says...

My posting schedule will be very inconsistent too, also because of school. I'll try to keep Cherry around as much as I can.
Pronouns: she/they

From the wild manila folder of YWS's office.

When the last tree has fallen
And the rivers are poisoned
You cannot eat money

I do reviews: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=108365

103 Reviews

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:49 pm
Samhain says...

@AlexOfLight @ShadowVyper I've posted for my character. Question: would you rather have Taleweaver possess the child or Axel Hawthorne?
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:58 pm
AlexOfLight says...

Amelia. :D They aren't going to possess her the whole time.

I'd just like to mention that they can't fly, otherwise they wouldn't use a dog to get there and they are a soul and they'd be rather insulted to be called a spirit. XD I'm willing to roll with it though. They also speak in italics(aka thoughts) because they can't actually speak.

If I didn't put this stuff in the character chart then I probably forgot to include them as I'm very forgetful. I'm sorry for the inconveniences my inability to accurately document my characters has caused. I dislike doing charts because I can't ever describe characters or anything at all really that well and sometimes I get lazy.
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

103 Reviews

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:28 am
Samhain says...

@AlexOfLight it's all good mate! I'm gonna be a bit busy but when I get the chance I'll revise my post to fit your character better :)
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi, everyone.

I've thought long and hard on this, and I think might be best for me to step out of this storybook. It's honestly one of the coolest storybook ideas I've seen in awhile, but I just don't think it's the right fit me. I really enjoyed planning it with you guys, @AmadeusW and @ShadowVyper, and just scheming for it in general with everyone else, but I just can't really see myself writing for this.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day. <3
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

103 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:31 am
View Likes
Samhain says...

@Magestorrow thanks for your support in creating this storybook, and happy adventuring elsewhere! You are always welcome to pop back in whenever you want. If you don't mind promoting/advertising the Watchers SB, that would be much appreciated, given we still want more folks joining in. :D :D
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:13 pm
trashykawa says...

just a quick confirmation: Absalon is Axel, right? feeling kinda slow.
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

103 Reviews

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:43 pm
Samhain says...

Yes, @hiraeth. I wanted to make my character Michael Hayworth outdated on Axel's name.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

103 Reviews

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:43 am
Samhain says...

Hey everybody! Check out my latest post. If you already did before, I made a few edits per @AlexOfLight's request. Those changes are at the end, so it would behoove any of you who have already read my post before the changes to at least read the last part. Whoever is next, feel free to post at any time, picking up where I left off! We all understand that there's this thing called life, and writing doesn't always get to happening when we want it to, so don't worry if you are busy... just keep it a lingering thought and get to it when you get to it. :)
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:40 pm
View Likes
trashykawa says...

Hey! This is still alive, right?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer