z

Young Writers Society

The Watchers [DT]

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:07 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

Welcome to The Watchers! @Magestorrow @ShadowVyper and I collaborated on this together.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Rules

1. Collaboration is highly encouraged! Try to include other characters in your posts whenever you can. If you're unsure if you're writing another person's character correctly, don't be afraid to shoot them a PM or ask in the DT. When all else fails, you can always open a pad and work on the post together.
  2. Try not to backwards post. Even if your character is involved in someone else's post, do your best to pick up right where they left off. It gets monotonous to read the exact same scene from multiple POVs.
  3. Don't get sexually explicit. Mild romance is fine but fade to black.
  4. Swearing is fine, but put a warning at the top of your post, and try not to over-do it.
  5. Post regularly, and if you can't, then let us know in the DT. It's rude to just drop off the face of the earth without explaining to anyone why you're not actively participating anymore in a story well all share.
  6. Direct all questions and non-SB posts to the DT.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Character Template

Code: Select all
[b]Age: [/b] (Both actual, and the age that they appear)

[b]Gender: [/b]

[b]Class: [/b] (Watcher, Clairvoyant, Shayatin, etc.)

[b]Appearance: [/b] (Pictures are great! If you can't find/create a picture, then try to be moderately detailed here)

[b]Personality: [/b] (Please make this in-depth!  Also include strengths and weaknessess)

[b]History: [/b] (Just a brief history works. Try to include any relevant details that will help to explain personality quirks.)

[b]Weapon: [/b] (If your character chooses to carry a physical weapon)

[b]Abilities:[/b] (Please don't make an overpowered character -- but feel free to have one or several unique magical abilities to set you apart from the rest of the group)

[b]Up for love: [/b] (Yes, no, and orientation)

[b]Other: [/b] (Anything else that didn't fit nicely into one of the other categories/surprises that you want your character to be able to pull on the others when the story gets started)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:12 pm
Mageheart says...

The Cast
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:26 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

i asked for a spot in a wfp with shady, but can you put me in the cast with Garnet Clifford? Thanks.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:21 am
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

May I join with a telepathic, fourth wall breaking, light bending soul trapped in a mask who will posses whoever wears them temporarily? They aren't evil and will be helping them out.
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

103 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:09 am
View Likes
Samhain says...

@AlexOfLight Create a character profile using the template provided and we'll look it over and let you know. Remember to be specific!
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:53 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

hi! i'm new to the storybook thing, but i'd love to start. i'm a little confused, however, about the differences between wizard, witch, sorcerer or enchanter (do they have specific powers;limits, or are they mostly similar)? Do they have difderent practices?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:20 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

We were mostly leaving that open for you guys to decide! The important part would be that you’re one of The Watchers with one of those positions — but we didn’t really have anything in mind specifically. There are sometimes subtle nuances in different people’s minds about what each one does so we wanted to let you choose what you wanted to play instead of deciding that everyone had to play one specific type of magical creature.

And we’d be happy to have you on board, @hiraeth! Thanks for the interest! :)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

103 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:43 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

@hiraeth the categories of witch, wizard, sorcerer, etc... are simply different synonyms for the same thing. The reason why they are mentioned as separate is because some magical people may prefer one title over the other to be identified as. It's all personal preference, really. Whatever you identify as in that area, you would be considered a Watcher.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:06 pm
View Likes
trashykawa says...

got it, thanks :)
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

103 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:44 pm
Samhain says...

@AlexOfLight can you help me understand better the nature of your character? I'm having trouble understanding what or who this is. I'd also like to know how this character would benefit the Watchers Storybook.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

103 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:29 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

@ShadowVyper @Magestorrow @zaminami I know this is a bit soon, but I decided to post for my character in the SB thread so as to really set the scene and help center our focus for this storybook. For those of you who have characters of whom I have mentioned in my post, let me know your thoughts, since I in my creative flow came up with a few extra bits of backstory that we don't have to keep if you don't like them. Think of this as a "Fire 1 For Effect".
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:05 am
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

@AmadeusW I suck at explaining things and it's honestly best to read a roleplay with them in it. I honestly don't know how they would benefit the Storybook. They are my most developed character though and this is my second story book that I'm trying so I'm trying to do the character I feel most comfortable doing. That's pretty much what's going on here.
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:13 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I just looked over Taleweaver's profile, and I might have a suggestion! Taleweaver looks like they're one of the oldest Watchers - maybe they're considered an ancient source of knowledge, due to their experience? Older, more ancient characters tend to be quite odd and different in stories that I've read in the past, and I'm sure we could make a tweak here or there if Taleweaver's powers are too strong for what you have in mind, @AmadeusW.

Maybe Taleweaver can take an active role at first, or the other characters have to convince Taleweaver to be more than a well of information? It would give our characters a smaller goal as they try to reach the big goal of kicking Asmodeus's butt.
mage

queer and here.

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief