590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:26 pm
Mageheart says...

Did you get my PM, @AmadeusW?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:00 pm
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

Okay guys, I think Taleweaver will be in a shop getting sold and they will try to get you to get them.
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:02 am
View Likes
LadyJackalope says...

Is it ok if I joined this, are you still taking new characters? I just joined the site and I've never done a Storyboard before. This premise looks really interesting and I'd love to give it a try!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. ~Brandon Sanderson

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:24 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

@Magestorrow I got your PM and I don't have a good answer to your question yet, but let me post it here to the group to get some ideas.

What is the youngest age a Watcher can be? Everyone in the group is welcome to post ideas.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

103 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:29 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

@LadyJackalope We're definitely still open for more characters! If you want to, go ahead and read up on the synopsis, and create a new character profile for yourself. Us Storybook Mods will look it over and let you know.

As you will see in the synopsis, there are three main types of character: Watchers, Clairvoyants, and Shayatins. We'd like to get characters in all three categories at some point. I do imagine there will inevitably be more Watcher characters than the other ones. Feel free to get creative and choose whichever kind of character you want to be!
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

103 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 am
View Likes
Samhain says...

@LadyJackalope, your character has been approved! I look forward to reading her story. This will start moving the Storybook forward, I imagine.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

103 Reviews

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:26 am
View Likes
Samhain says...

@ShadowVyper @Magestorrow @manilla @zaminami @hiraeth @AlexOfLight @LadyJackalope

Anyone feel free to start posting in the SB to move this story forward! I know you all are busy, so no pressure... just a reminder. :)
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:26 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

While you're at, what do you think of the question about the youngest age a Watcher can be? I want to make my character soon, but I need an answer before I can. :)
mage

queer and here.

103 Reviews

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:03 am
View Likes
Samhain says...

@Magestorrow Watchers come few and far between. Most of them have already been around for at least 500-1000 years or more, but every once and a while unknown Watchers will come about later on, possibly 300, 200, 100, or <100 years old. Really, the age isn't that limited, but it is always good to err on the older side. But if, let's say, you wanted to create a Watcher character who's like 17 years old in actual years, this character might not know who or what they are unless someone tells them. And the type of powers that a Watcher can have are virtually unlimited, but most of the telekinetic/telepathic powers should be reserved for the Clairvoyants.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:05 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! That sounds good to me. :) I know you wanted everyone to discuss the age, so I thought I'd bring it up again. I'll try to get a character and a post up soon in the next two weeks.
mage

queer and here.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:42 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

I think we need a backstory as to how watchers came to being. You know, we couldn't have just been born from normal human parents; there must be kind of a process right? @Magestorrow 's question got me thinking....

Got some theories:

1. about how watchers were created. i was thinking about something along the lines of planets aligning or stardust or angel blood (mortal instruments anyone? but angel blood wouldn't be original...)

2. How could Asmodeus have been freed? I'm thinking maybe a powerful watcher who's gone traitor. Or maybe even a very powerful shayatin who has waited for years, learnt our practices and secrets; who has grown to a lot of power. i kind of want this shayatin to have his/her own character.

3. Clairvoyants. I want to know about how; if they're so good, asmodeus was able to capture them and how he is planning to make them agree to torture humans. Clairboyants have mind powers, so wouldn't they just be able to trick the shayatins and control them or whatever? unless asmodeus can stifle powers somehow. which would mean we watchers also have to beware. which makes it so much more important to know how asmodeus was captured the first time.
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:17 pm
trashykawa says...

Bump?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:50 am
View Likes
LadyJackalope says...

Just posted. Sorry if it's a bit rough, this is my first Storybook and I'm still trying to get into the swing of things!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. ~Brandon Sanderson

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:52 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

You're good! (And yes, Garnet would so say 'honey' XD)
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:39 pm
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

I'm still scratching my head on how to bring them into this.
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13