176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:40 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Aaaaaand another? :3

There's a few things I need to tinker with, and a lil' sci-fi character's one of them. I call dibs on fire-based abilities! doesn't mean I HAVE to be the only one to use those, but just sayin'
I'll link said fire to a specific item. Prolly a gun, a cool sci-fi rod, or somethin' else.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

176 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:04 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Welcome to the team, @TinkerTwaggy!

As a heads up to everyone, I'm going to be creating the necessary character profiles over the next few days, and so you're welcome to get started on brainstorming your own characters. Feel free to toss around your ability ideas here.

40 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:55 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

I had so. Much. FUN with this one, gosh I rarely create such a serious character. chuckle Though my dear Bel's still gonna suffer from some degrees of wackiness, but anyway: @Sheyren character template created!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat May 25, 2019 1:40 am
Gnomish says...

Hey, any chance I can join?

This seems really interesting!
My thoughts are thoroughly indigestible.

40 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2019 5:06 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Gnomish Pro tip, m'dear! When you check the main page of a storybook, check the date at which it's been posted, then compare it to the present date. Then, see if any character template has been submitted — in this case, none, because mine's still waiting for approval.

That should give you a pretty good idea if you can/should join an SB or not. AKA this one is essentially completely inactive before it even began. So, yeah: Do keep that in mind, it'll come in handy later. This message of yours might just kickstart some activity, though, but it's unlikely. Hopefully I'm wrong!

176 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:24 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

I would like to take another shot at this. Been dealing with some stuff, and it led me to neglect this SB before it even started. But school's almost out, and I'm willing to at least try and take another swing at writing for storybooks again. If anyone is still with me, please say so, but if not, I certainly won't blame you when it's my fault this SB never took off.

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:46 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Don't worry about not having the time/capacity to work on this SB. I can very much understand being busy with stuff besides the insane amounts of schoolwork. I think it'd be a lot of fun to still come up with something for this SB, so count me in.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 am
View Likes
atlast says...

I agree with fraey. It's totally okay to get busy with school, finals, life in general, etc. I also want to give things a shot with this SB, so count me in as well!
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

40 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Gnomish It DID kickstart some activity! And that, m'dear, is one of the single most satisfying ways to be wrong about something. Hop onto the wagon, 'cause it seems like this train's bought some fuel again :3

...Eh, not my best one, but I do like trains. Anyway, welcome back, Everyone! It totally was fun coming up with a few things for this, and we can at least discuss plans while Shey's finishin' up school work. I'll start by sharing my CP!

Spoiler! :
Name: Annabel “Bel” D'atlas

Age: ?? (20, but because of her history, she doesn’t recall her own age)

First Ability: Pepper Surge
This ability allows Bel to generate concentrated amounts of thermal energy within her body, then release it through her body as concentrated waves or spheres of heat. She can also absorb the heat from her environment to amplify her own.
Additionally, Bel can also release her heat through filament materials or specific elements, provided she’s in physical contact with them.

Second Ability: Pepper Gale
This ability allows Bel to redirect her thermal energy shortly after it’s been released, though she needs to program the direction she’s going to make her projectiles follow should they be particularly complex.
(Currently not available)

Personality: Bel is deathly afraid of empty spaces. Though her life’s history allowed her plenty of time to adjust to that fear, she constantly tries to fill empty space with something – colors, objects, people, anything. Her entire philosophy of life is based around her experiences with empty spaces. For instance, despite her irrational fear of empty spaces, she’s spent an absurd amount of time collecting blank paper sheets as well as pens, so that she could make maps of whatever place she explored or write whatever she saw fit on those papers.
Also due to her experiences, Bel primarily talks to herself – again, urge to fill space with something – which, even when talking to other people, makes her prone to whispering side commentary in reaction to things she experiences. She usually takes a low, grave tone when doing so. This habit makes her very honest, and strangely enough, her insecurity towards empty spaces turned her quite confident, as she doesn’t often shy away from saying anything to anyone. This also makes it easier for her to hear whatever people say to her. Because of that, she can get frustrated, but she rarely gets actually angry.

Brief History: Bel was among the many that came in contact with the symbol – but she was also among the few that wouldn’t stop believing in its reality, and the reality of her abilities. So, she was mercilessly thrown into an asylum for troubled people alongside a few others – with the exception that she was put in a completely isolated section of the asylum, as she had been put in it for having caused forest fires that, she had no connection with.
While in the asylum, the constant isolation turned her partially insane, but she managed to befriend one of her caretakers well enough that she’d been given pen and paper to keep herself occupied with. After many years, she managed to get a good enough grasp of her powers that she used them to escape the asylum, fleeing towards whichever dangerous place she could find that nobody else would want to go to. Two years later, she was approached by Leon Eberhardt, who told her the secret behind her abilities.

Other:
•Because the use of Pepper Surge damages her skin, Bel prefers to use heatrod elements to project her heat. In the two years she spent on her own, she eventually got two pistols that she customized into heat-projecting tools. She can also use them in melee combat should she find herself in danger.

•The years she spent in the mostly isolated section of her asylum created within her an inability to properly understand the concepts of time and home, severely damaging her self-identity and her understanding of things around her. As such, Bel can randomly find herself unable to feel or identify items, concepts and even people. In these moments, she pulls out a pen and paper and draws maps of things and places that only she understands - unless her life is in danger.
Strangely enough, she still retains fond memories of that asylum and will speak about it enthusiastically. The same cannot be said of a life before that - as if her existence began in the asylum.

Codename: Blaster Bell! 'Twas really fun to come up with that one. Rather simple and effective, compared to my usual stuff, but eh, that'll depend on how I write her, too. Hmm... I might change her codename to somethin' else...

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:15 pm
Gnomish says...

So, can I join?

Spoiler! :
Thanks for the tipTinkerTwaggy!
My thoughts are thoroughly indigestible.

40 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:36 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Ya welcome!

If the place is actually active, which, currently, it kind of is, then yes! As soon as @Sheyren says so. In the meantime, why don't you cook up a character template, m'dear? Speakin' of which, what kind of character + power are you looking to make?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 am
Omni says...

Hey everyone! This Storybook has been inactive for more than three months, so it has been archived. However, I see that there are plans for reviving it, so if you do plan on writing again, please let me or another Storybook moderator know, and we'll unarchive it. Best wishes and happy SBing!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief