Young Writers Society

Seven Deadly Sins: The Storybook [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:47 pm
Mageheart says...

An Explanation

This storybook is based very heavily on the plot of the anime Nanatsu no Taizai (alternatively called The Seven Deadly Sins). Though the basic underlying plot will be taken from the anime, having seen the show isn't necessary to take part in the storybook.

For those who have seen the anime, our characters will be taking care of the main characters—the only character that stays constant is Hawk. Other secondary characters will be present in the story, and we'll make any changes needed to their respective story lines to make them work with our new versions of the protagonists. We can also change up the locations that each character is discovered in, or keep them the same if that works the best with what you have planned. For example, the Dragon's Sin of Wrath is still going to be running a tavern on the back of a giant pig, and will be introduced when the youngest member of royalty stumbles into the building.

Feel free to change up any aspects of the characters—I already know that our Gowther equivalent is going to be a goddess, so you can see the differences already. You can also keep them the same.

The storybook will go up to the ending of the anime's first season. If we still have people interested, I'll gladly make versions of future seasons as well!

If you haven't seen the anime before, the basic premise is that the third princess of Liore goes on a quest to find the Seven Deadly Sins and ask for their help. Liore is as fantasy as you can get: there's magic galore, and everyone has some sort of special attack if they're a Holy Knight. Each of the characters have some parts of their past that are explored throughout the show, and villains tend to have something to do with those pasts. Your characters can be pretty much anything. As far as I know (I'm still watching the newest season), the canon types of characters in the show are a sorceress, a demon, an immortal man, a fairy king, and a giantess. It's really up to you! You also get a lot of freedom with what their sin is, as long as it ties back to why they gained their title. Last, but certainly not least, each sin has a sacred weapon. They can be literally anything—one of the canon characters has a spear that can take on multiple forms and has multiple abilities.

Oh, and there's a talking pig named Hawk, but you'll see him in my first post.

Due to the nature of the storybook, some characters won't be introduced as early on as others. In canon, the order is Wrath, Envy, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Gluttony and finally Pride. But because Gluttony doesn't show up until the finale, and Pride doesn't show up until an entirely different season, we'll be taking some creative liberties and have them show up sooner. Also, to prevent people from being excluded due to the time it takes for each character to be introduced, we'll have posts featuring them going about their new lives. Once we have a complete cast, I'll go into more detail about what that'll look like in the storybook.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:48 pm
Mageheart says...

Character Templates

The template is listed in the spoiler. Please delete anything in the parentheses; that information is there to help you create your character.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (If they have aliases, make sure to put them here!)

[b]Role:[/b] (What's their sin? If they're not a sin, what's their royal title?)

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Fighting Style:[/b]

[b]Sacred Weapon:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b] (Nonbinary and transgender characters are cool with me! Just remember to include what pronouns they prefer.)

[b]Age:[/b] (You can list their actual age here, and put how old they appear to be in the appearance section.)

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Up for Romance:[/b] (If they are, please include what their sexuality is.)

[b]Backstory:[/b] (Let us know how they got their sin, and any other information that can be used to make potential enemies in future arcs. Also, don't forget to include what they're up to right now!)

[b]Other:[/b]
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:48 pm
Mageheart says...

Hello there! I'm Mage, and I'm the person running this storybook. Don't be afraid to ask me any questions you have about the plot or characters. I'll be writing for Darunia Vain, the Dragon's Sin of Wrath. I plan on getting her character profile up in the next couple of days, so keep your eye out for that!

If you're not sure if something about your character works, let me know! I'll be glad to run it through with you.

Here's the WriterFeedPad for this storybook.

And here's the invite for the Discord server.

I can't wait to do this storybook with all of you!

mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:31 pm
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain is now officially online! If you want to get a look at what your character profile should probably look like, you can check out that link. And, if you're new to storybooks, you can copy the template provided a few posts ago.

For anyone curious, several spots have been claimed outside of the DT. They've been mentioned in the actual storybook, but here's the list of them in case you're wondering who's writing for who!

@RaidenCheese is playing the part of the Fox's Sin of Greed.

@kat13254 is playing the part of the Goat's Sin of Lust.

And @Fantascifi66 is playing the part of the Serpent's Sin of Envy.

Right now the Youngest Royal Member, Grizzly's Sin of Sloth, Lion's Sin of Pride and Boar's Sin of Gluttony are all still available.
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:44 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

//I can't get the profile because of something funky on my phone, but I would like to claim Sloth ahead of time. I'll try to get it in either today or Monday.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:11 pm
Mageheart says...

Sure thing, @zaminami! I'd be happy to have you as part of the storybook - it's been a very long time since we did them together. <3
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:37 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Oh man, it's been a while since I've Storybooked in general. It's great to Storybook with you again! :)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:55 pm
Mageheart says...

I've had a lot more experience running storybooks since the last one we did together - I think it was Contracted? - so hopefully this will be even more enjoyable than last time. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with your character!
mage

queer and here.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:18 pm
View Likes
Kanome says...

I only know a little bit about this series, BUT can I claim pride?
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:34 pm
Mageheart says...

Of course, @Kanome! I can help you out with anything you might have questions about. :)
mage

queer and here.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:37 pm
View Likes
Kanome says...

@Magestorrow Thankies! :D
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

364 Reviews

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:37 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

So uhh @MageStorrow if you need me to I can double up on characters (like if no one takes it after a few weeks). I don't have to, but I wanted to offer just in case!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:56 pm
Mageheart says...

Thanks for the offer, @zaminami! I'm thinking of making the youngest member of royalty be a NPC, and, if this is the amount of people we end up getting, I can always take a leaf out of the anime for the last missing sin. :)
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:04 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Sorry if my profile is too long. I can delete some of them after I finish arting a picture of my character @MageStorrow

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Profiles can never be too long :P
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

In the winter months, gale storms in Svalbard can reach wind speeds of 130 km/h. Accompanied by or following snowfall, such storms can reduce visibility dramatically, more so in the winter months of the polar night. During these storms, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian