z

Young Writers Society

The Journey to Elmyr DT

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:55 am
Basil says...

Here is the DT! Any questions or suggestions, post away!
Last edited by Basil on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:16 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Wow this looks really interesting! So when you said that elves are magical, does that mean they have specific types of powers? If so, what kind?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

24 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:59 pm
View Likes
Basil says...

Oh I probably should have clarified on that. Subtle things like slight fire manipulation. They can light fires. Slight water manipulation, they can move water, but only if there is water around. It also depends on the elf's training. The richer the elf family, the better training they would have gotten, and can be trained in any kind of magic.

I don't usually have outright magic and spells in my stories so I guess it's up to you to decide where you'd take the magic.
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

81 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:14 pm
Lael says...

I see. Is there an obvious way to tell that someone is half-elf, half-human? What makes them look particularly distinct to pure elves or humans? (I guess to answer that, I'll have to also ask in terms of appearance besides height and perhaps beauty, is there any other features that differentiate the two races?)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

24 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 pm
View Likes
Basil says...

For half elf, half human, it's the ear shape, the eye shape. Elves have more refined features, and don't grow facial hair. Their ears are longer with a very defined point at the helix. Half elves have less of a point, their ears being more rounded. They have rounder, less slanted eyes, and tend to look a little more human.
Of course I am.
Why?

81 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:23 pm
Lael says...

Thanks, that makes sense. I'll claim a spot as a half-elf, half-human. :)

24 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:26 pm
View Likes
Basil says...

Of course!!
Of course I am.
Why?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:02 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Basil Hai! My interest has grown! I'd like to sign up as a Nymph, if possible. Specifically, a forest nymph that found herself in modern civilization! To be developed. I might go for a human-nymph hybrid instead, but I'll tell you once the CT's complete.

Anyways, guess that'll make two ruffians! I'll start workin' on a CT - and get some info on types of nymphs for inspiration, too! Sorry in advance for the slow pace, m'dear, but I should be fine for now!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

24 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:58 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@TinkerTwaggy hello!!! Terribly sorry for the delayed reply I am currently out of town visiting family.

Welcome aboard and I'm really glad to see a nymph joining the team!! If you have any questions on the specifics of how nymphs are in this world feel free to ask, but they're generally the same as the myths and legends. Looking forward to seeing your character!
Of course I am.
Why?

81 Reviews

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:18 am
View Likes
Lael says...

My CP is almost done! I'll probably have it up sometime this weekend.

24 Reviews

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:45 pm
View Likes
Basil says...

Coolio!
Of course I am.
Why?

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:57 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Interesting idea- sounds fun! :)

Could I join as a human?

24 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:50 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@AlyTheBookworm absolutely!!
Of course I am.
Why?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:35 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Basil I'm essentially done with my CP! All I need to do now is add details to the bullet points I designed, but yeah, the concept is there, and research's complete.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:45 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Awww....i was hoping you would have something like an orc for me to make a half breed of. Put me down for a slot and I'll figure it out.

People with writer's blocks should get together and build a castle.
— Love