z

Young Writers Society

The Journey to Elmyr DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:34 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Thank youuu♪

Welp, guess we're halfway through the recruiting process! Now we just need two lovely ladies (...Are they still fighting together by the way? XD) and a currently-drinking-giant, and we're all set for the trip.

...Oh, speaking of the trip!

@Basil Once we're all recruited, are we going to have a time skip forward to a random place that you already have in mind, or shall we improvise?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

@TinkerTwaggy

Probably still fighting, lol. I'd think that Dhara would win, as Merea's specialty is stealth- not fighting. Merea would have a newfound respect for Dhara, maybe ask her to teach her some of what she knows and someday have a rematch, but I'll let Basil decide how it plays out. :)

40 Reviews

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:16 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...I adore that they're essentially becoming besties this way. XD

I mean, you can totally plot that together, but that sounds pretty fun! They might just be the healthy side of the group. Something that I get the feeling we're all gonna need
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:05 am
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Griggs is perfectly healthy. He just has simple desires. Good food, good wine, and good women. Perfectly healthy...except for the body altering curse he is under. o.O

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:11 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Tbh I'm pretty down with Merea and Dhara becoming friends over this. Dhara would be a little annoyed she was dragged into the fight, but pretty glad that it was someone worthy of her skills. I can see Dhara building up some respect for Merea too tbh @AlyTheBookworm.

I'm thinking, after the recruitment, we have the group organise a rendezvous point for the next day. Give everyone time to prepare for the journey. Then we can go from there?
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

107 Reviews

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:21 am
View Likes

Let Griggs enjoy a few hours with the ladies before going on the road. XD

24 Reviews

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:25 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Ahahaha Swords my gosh

But yeah. Also I'mma try get my post written up asap. I'll try include like, the rest of the night and then the morning where they all meet up, and everyone can decide to go from the meeting and starting the journey or have their prep night in their post too.

Since there will be a lot of travelling, we'll have a lot of dialogue based posts I assume. So we can get to know the characters really well between each town visit. And there will be many towns and scenarios from Avundr to the Elmyr capital. I don't want it action in every post but I don't want it too dull. Balance, y'know.
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:49 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

@Basil Alright. Merea has a lot of respect for warriors and straightforward, direct people, so I think that'd work.

Also, I agree that's a good idea for the next post. It would let Kilian talk to his sister and Merea talk to her nephews and sister-in-law before having to leave.

107 Reviews

Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:53 am
View Likes

@Basil I eagerly await your post to continue. I am curious to see how the princess is going to take to the idea of having the brutish, if not crudely charming, half orc with her.

24 Reviews

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:34 am
Basil says...

Oh, I won't be posting for the Princess much. More for key moments. She's kinda meant to be an NPC for the most part.

I'm gonna be posting for Dhara.
Of course I am.
Why?

40 Reviews

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:23 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Aww! A shame, I really wanted to see her reaction to Griggs too XD Ah, well, guess we can do that ourselves. :3

That being said, agreed with the preparation time! Liu will prolly arrive the earliest, since he doesn't have much business to attend to in the meantime, but it'll still be super useful to all of us for characterization.

Reviews: 1
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:37 am
enjoyinginsanity says...

Okay so I posted the character, but I haven't done the appearance yet. I will edit soon

40 Reviews

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:44 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh, don't worry about it, m'dear! We can't see it until it's approved by Basil, so you have time to finish everything you need in the meantime - appearance included!

Reviews: 1
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:32 am
View Likes
enjoyinginsanity says...

I had a difficult time expressing all of my ideas, so hopefully it's alright 😅

24 Reviews

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:12 pm
View Likes
Basil says...

@enjoyinginsanity just let me know when you're finished! There's no rush! And since we haven't actually ended the tavern scene yet, your character can meet with the rest in the tavern. Or we can figure something else out for you if you want something different!

Also I am so sorry it's taking so long for my post. Work has been stressful and I had a driving test
Of course I am.
Why?

"The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein