z

Young Writers Society

The Journey to Elmyr DT

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:13 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@Basil is "the giant of a man" that speaks to the princess at the end supposed to be Grig?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:19 pm
Basil says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX Ahaha yeah.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

107 Reviews

Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Cool. I'll take the next post then

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:07 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

@Basil I don't know if this is too much to ask, but would you consider changing the name of this thread to "The Journey to Elmyr DT"? It's just a me thing, really, but I'd like to be able to differentiate if there's a new post in here or in the SB thread just by looking when I check my notifications.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:25 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lael definitely not just a "you" thing, though I admit I completely forgot to bring that up myself.

@Basil Fun first post! Thanks a ton for bringing everyone in the tavern already, as it'll make things easier in terms of, y'know, gathering. Now, I'm kinda surprised that you portrayed Liu as stealing while telling stories, since nothing about his CT remotely suggests that, but I've figured out a way to turn that back into something that would both fit his character, and be entertaining. So, don't change anything! I'll adapt just fine :3 Oh, and speaking of that!

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX As a heads up to take into account into your post: I'm planning to have Liu be the one to initiate the fight that broke out. Basically, my post would begin with him finishing his story, showing to the people listening that the stole their money, then proposing for them to battle him one after the other in order to get it back - though even if they lose, he'll give 'em the money back 'cause he doesn't care about it.
The point being, if you could avoid Liu from appearing in whatever you'll write, please do! If he must appear for some reason, please make sure to only do it in passing. It's just so that I avoid backward writing after that - and obviously, vice versa, should I need to have Grig appear in a post of mine.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

24 Reviews

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:09 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@Lael it isn't just a you thing ahaha I forgot to put DT in the title and it bugs me so much but I don't know how to change it?

@TinkerTwaggy I was going for a he was stirring up trouble, not necessarily stealing? It's also Taeryn's perspective so she's only seeing what she thinks she's seeing? I dunno.

I'll post for Dhara once everyone else has posted, just to make sure everyone has had a chance to get their first post up. If we want to make a system for posts I'm okay with that, although I like the rule of no double posting.
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

24 Reviews

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:11 am
Basil says...

Sorry for double posting after I just said I don't like it

I just figured out how to change the DT title. I am such a twit ahahaha.
Of course I am.
Why?

107 Reviews

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:52 am

Alright. I think that is a good beginning for Griggs. I tried not to take too many steps into the brawl as I want others to be able to show their skills within the tavern for the princess. I don't believe that I have taken control of anyone, but if I have done something that messes up someone else's pose, please let me know.

@TinkerTwaggy I believe that seeing Griggs deal with the four individuals at the card table would be a good intro for Liu to begin drooling at his "wonderfully battle-induced body", as you put it. I expect to see many awkward interactions to follow...bordering on slightly creepy lover-like treatment. XD

24 Reviews

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:57 pm
Basil says...

10/10 post Swords!!
Of course I am.
Why?

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:24 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Great first and second posts! :D

I can write the next one if no one else wants to.

Edit: @Basil Would Dhara be joining in on the brawl? I was going to have her fight Merea if that's alright.

24 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:29 am
Basil says...

@AlyTheBookworm Dhara would definitely join in on the fight ahaha although that would be because she's roped into it. And of course that's alright, it'll be an interesting first impression for them both.
Of course I am.
Why?

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:13 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I can go after Aly if she posts in this coming week (no pressure though!). The best time for me to write one, personally, will be after this coming week, since I'll be on spring break in the next. :)

I'm not sure what kind of interaction I can incorporate into my post yet, but I know that Kilian would immediately go find an uninhabited spot to spectate/avoid fighting (and possibly threaten to stick a blade in someone's eye if they try to drag him into the brawl).
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

107 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:42 am
View Likes

@AlyTheBookworm thank you for the kind word of my post. I appreciate it.

24 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:42 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@Lael maybe he finds the spot near where the princess is and they can just hide from the fight together?
Of course I am.
Why?

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:04 am
AlyTheBookworm says...

Nearly finished with my post.

Just wondering, what/who breaks up the brawl?

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness