View Likes
enjoyinginsanity says...

I think I'm finished. I've been kind of mashing it together during work

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:33 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Basil Fun post, m'dear! It was an enjoyable read.

•To specify, characterization-wise: though Liu would definitely be staring at the battle because battles are fun, he wouldn't actually clap, as that would potentially interrupt said battle, which would be problematic for his addiction. Oh, yeah, and he would totally give a disapproving stare at Griggs for interrupting! For the same reason he wouldn't clap :3
•I just love that Merea just casually evades damage from a freaking judo throw because #AgilityMasterRace. Lovely stuff!
•ARGH. POOR PRINCESS XD
•Oh, yes, also, do write Cinder with an i and not an y! I did that intentionally, since I was going for the actual word, instead of its fantasy variant. I realize it could've totally been a consistent typo from my end

That being said, thanks a ton for the post, m'dear! Story's advancing slowly but surely, which I think isn't a bad rhythm at all. Oh, and welcome to the group, Insanity! Calypso seems quite unique, especially with the mimicry-by-hearing gimmick :3
And hey, though she doesn't seem like a fighter, now you don't even have to backtrack to make her fight or anything, which is neat!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:27 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@TinkerTwaggy I'll fix up Liu's part for you and change the spelling of Cinder's name. I think I just wrote it like that without thinking ahaha. But yes I'll correct it.

I'm glad the post was enjoyed though!!
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:52 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

So who is next. I can go but if someone has something in mind I don't want to step on toes.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:50 pm
AlyTheBookworm says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX

As no one else had said otherwise, I don't think anyone minds. Go ahead! :)

40 Reviews

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:41 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Indeed! Though @enjoyinginsanity and I are currently planning an encounter between our two characters (granted, I'm late for that), it's not something that requires everyone else to be involved, as far as I understand, so you're good to go, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX ! We're supposed to go our separate ways until we meet again the next day, so it should be great momentum for everyone, anyway.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:43 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Oooh... So that's why you asked for permission beforehand. I'd like to apologize, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX. Evidently, you know your tendencies, but due to having never worked with you before, I didn't realize what you meant. I should've asked what you had in mind instead of reacting out of reflex.

So, thank you for the mention, m'dear! I'll tell you right away (Hmm, should put that in spoilers, since not everyone necessarily read the post yet):

Spoiler! :
•He leaves with two women instead of one? HUZZAAAAAH, exotic looks for the win XD

•Now, this next part's correction happened solely because I didn't write proper characterization for Cinder yet, so I guess it was a bit of a shot in the dark for ya. That being said:
-So, Liu's addiction to battle makes him unable to resist its urge. This makes him often unable to sleep at night, so Cinder's the one to keep him in check until the next day. She would, therefore, not stop him if he tried to meet Grig again, because either he consumes his addiction, either he turns extra crazy during the day because he didn't. She would be here, though, juuust to make sure he doesn't die XD
-Oh yeah, and Liu has nothing against Cinder calling him Prince since that's what he is. ...thinks Though, now that you mention it... I think I'll add that his crazed up self would totally have something against it. That would actually be interesting!

•Now, um... So, remember when I said that I was planning an encounter between Insanity's character and mine? Yeah, that was supposed to happen the night before we all met, whereas you already flung everyone towards the next day. I didn't realize you'd do that, so I was super unspecific to avoid spoiling something that everyone would read. Now, don't change anything: we can simply have this encounter happen the night before, but we'd just have to be clear about that, is all. I'm just acknowledging, now, that you weren't taking it lightly when you said you didn't want to step on anyone's toes. We're in an SB, so rest assured - I like to adapt to things, so I'll do just that this time!

•Liu is totally in love, and if one day the group comes across a spell, potion or curse that lets him turn into a woman in a non-permanent fashion, HE IS USIN' IT. XD fighting remains the main way he expresses stuff, tho

There you go!

107 Reviews

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 pm

@TinkerTwaggy

Spoiler! :
I apologize if I overstepped any bounds. I will be honest that writing for Cynder when I had only a single small excerpt from her was difficult.

However, I would like to mention that I purposefully stated that it was hours between Grig going off for his pre-mission fun to when he meets up with Liu at the forest. It is more than possible for you to do what you have planned out before Grig shows up and keeps his word.

40 Reviews

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:36 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Spoiler! :
"Oh, yes, also, do write Cinder with "i" and not "y"! I did that intentionally since I was going for the actual word, instead of its fantasy variant." ← Just so you know, too!
And yes, that is why you're not to blame. It's why I mentioned that it would be very useful for all of us to have one night of characterization since it would allow all of us to flesh out more aspects of the characters. I didn't realize you'd go straight to the next day, so obviously, Cinder didn't have time to show anything in the meantime.

And yes, I'm aware!
"Now, don't change anything: we can simply have this encounter happen the night before, but we'd just have to be clear about that, is all. I'm just acknowledging, now, that you weren't taking it lightly when you said you didn't want to step on anyone's toes. We're in an SB, so rest assured - I like to adapt to things, so I'll do just that this time!"
↑ That's why I wrote that.

Oh, @Basil, just saw that you still hadn't edited the corrections yet! I suppose I should remind you of that before I forget? I... already kind of did until now, so apologies for that.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:46 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@TinkerTwaggy sorry I guess I forgot to post when I had done that.
I've fixed the post. I didn't know how else to write Liu, I can probably do something in my next post!

Also, if it's popular demand, I can post for the princess. I just didn't want to have more than one character going and wanted to let the princess be shaped by everyone here.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

40 Reviews

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:35 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Basil nah, don't worry about it, m'dear! We had literally written just one post each, so I didn't necessarily expect us to nail every character just yet. I made Kilian speak far too much to a stranger like Liu, for instance!

Oooh! I mean, we can do both! I think you could at least post for her to show the plot moving along, but I love the idea that all of us get to shape a piece of her.

107 Reviews

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:50 am
View Likes

I can only see her picking up bad habits from Grig...like the uncle you don't want your kids around because they swear like a sailor.

107 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2019 5:47 am

So who is next?

40 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2019 5:50 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Insanity and I still need to properly organize the next post, so I'd prefer if it was that one. Exams are getting in the way, though, aaand I assume it's true for everyone, at this time of the year. If anyone else has s post that doesn't involve the group already moving out though, go ahead!

107 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:16 pm
View Likes

Don't Tell me this has died! I had plans! Amazing plans!

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle