z

Young Writers Society

The Journey to Elmyr DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:46 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I mean, you could always have your character be cursed/affected by/afflicted by a magical spell that specifically destroys their appearance as a halfbreed because they didn't talk right to a fairy, got crippled by a failed experiment, or participated directly in the war that's part of this Sb's lore, and then you could have something close to an Orc! I... suppose it's still not the same, but eh, just throwin' out suggestions your way, is all.

With that said, welcome!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:48 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Ooo. An nymph curse for having bathed in her stream...i like it! But...having fully accepted it and embracing the physical changes to himself.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:15 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Ahh I meant to submit my CP at least a week or two ago, but finishing up the very last bit slipped my mind! I'll do my best to get it in ASAP. :)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

40 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:01 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX Now we're talkin'! 'Cause yeah, that totally explains the Ruffian status, the character having embraced his/her fate makes for a fun character trait to work on, and that allows you to have what can easily be considered as an orc without breaking the lore or, y'know, causing issues for anyone, depending on how you write this.
Hurray for schemes!

And good luck with these last additions to your CP, @Lael! Got mine to worry about to, so I get the feeling.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

81 Reviews

Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:37 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I did the thing! My CP is ready.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:35 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@TinkerTwaggy ahaha you make SBs so much fun!

@Lael I will have a look at your CP now! I'm really keen to see how you write your character, because everyone has their own way of writing elves/half-elves

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX as Twaggy said, you could have a character that has been affected by magic. I really wanna see how you do this ahaha.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

24 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Also, sorry for the double post, I'll be making my own character to fill hopefully the last slot, otherwise if I get all six slots filled out I'll be writing from the Pincess's PoV.

Also I drew a map for the SB, and I can post a picture of it if everyone wants.
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

81 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 am
View Likes
Lael says...

@Basil I’d love to see your map!

24 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:35 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Say no more!
Of course I am.
Why?

24 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:00 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Okayyy here's the map for Elmyr and Avundr.
I've marked the spot where the tavern is, which I kinda want to be the starting point for the SB.

Map
Last edited by Basil on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of course I am.
Why?

40 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Basil Aw, thanks, m'dear! I try. :3

Oh also, nooot sure what's going on with the map, but clicking on it leads me to Temporary Error (500) page, which prevents me from accessing it. D'you think you can upload your image in another way?
Also, done with my character! Went for a Half-breed (Half-Nymph, Half-Fae), 'cause yeeeah, I just gravitated towards that idea XD Hope you like it!

24 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:45 am
Basil says...

Oof okay I'll try fix up that map

Ayy niiice @TinkerTwaggy I'll have a look once I've fixed the map
Of course I am.
Why?

24 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:12 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Okie dokie map should be fixed!
Of course I am.
Why?

40 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:50 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

It's been fixed indeed! It seems a lot less big than I assumed it would be, but I like how many towns seem present. Well, that and, due to the fact that it's a map, the actual journey's gonna take much longer than it looks, and we're going to meet some trouble along the way. Fun stuff!

81 Reviews

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:39 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Ooh I just thought of something that might make good character development / plotsies! I had an epiphany earlier today--the princess is (unintentionally) the same age as Kilian's sister, so maybe once they get to know each other a lot better, he might start thinking of her like he would Ena.

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
— Roy T. Bennett