Young Writers Society

Chasing Eve [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:58 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The first post and challenge are officially up! Since there's only four of us right now, I'm going to keep looking for people interested in joining this storybook. In the meantime, let's get the posting started. :)

My goal is to get us out of New York City by the beginning of the next round, so it would be cool if our four robots could meet up somewhere in the city. I'm happy to collaborate with anyone who wants to. I also had Soul wander around in the the currently nameless hotel he and Zogin are staying at, so maybe some of our characters could meet there?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Adam's post is out! For sake of convenience, he's in the same hotel the other characters are in, just in the penthouse suite. @Magestorrow since it's not explicitly said why he's in NYC in the post, how many points would you say I get for the SB Challenge? XD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I think five - it looks like you have everything else. :P I love your post, by the way! Adam's definitely going to be an interesting character.
mage

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:11 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Thanks! I was planning on Adam actually getting attacked in my next post. I can change that but maybe it'll play into them leaving NYC?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:54 am
Mageheart says...

I have no idea why it took me so long to reply to your question, but Adam getting attacked sounds good to me!

Also, here's an obligatory copy-and-pasted message reminding everyone about the latest Captain's Challenge.

Hey, everyone! Just popping in really quick to remind you all to claim any points you might have gotten from July's Captain's Challenge! You can get up to four points by posting in storybooks, one point from creating a storybook challenge, and another point from creating a storybook. The challenge officially ends in six days, so try to claim your points before then.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The challenge for this storybook has expired! I don't think I'll ever get used to saying that for my own storybooks, but who knows? :P

Chasing Eve
Arc I: NYC

Challenged Adventurer(s)

@Magestorrow, @Kirkiln, @kat13254. and @TinkerTwaggy.

The Challenge

After a little more than five months, this storybook is finally beginning! The goal of this round is to introduce our characters and their world, but with more of a focus on the characters themselves. We also need to explain why they've all come to New York City.

Completion Time

July 19th, 2019

Credits Awarded

You can get one point for posting, and another point if your post is over seven hundred words. You can get one point for doing each of these following things in your post, for a grand total of four points:

1. Reveal that your character is a robot somewhere in your post.

2. Include an important constant in your character's life - it can be a person, a routine, or something else, as long as it's something they associate as a regular part of their life.

3. Explain why they came to New York City.

4. Hint at future internal/external conflicts with your post.

You can get up to six points from this challenge!

Good luck!
mage

queer and here.

Edna began to feel like one who awakens gradually out of a dream, a delicious, grotesque, impossible dream, to feel again the realities pressing into her soul.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening