Chasing Eve [DT]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:20 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

NYC would definitely work for me!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:13 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'd rather avoid the USA again, personally! Just a hunch, but that might just destroy the whole "traveling-around-the-world-to-find-Eve" part, considering how vast the place already is by itself.

Aren't there any place that comes to mind that most people are likely to not know anything about or have difficulty for normal humans to reach? Like the Andes, specific parts of Singapore or an island similar to the Isla de las Muñecas in Mexico?
Or, well, considering that we technically don't know each other, we could also each have a starting point, set up an online voice/video chat based on the fact that all of our characters want to share their info, and then set up a meeting place that's easier to travel to? If we're going with Fictional Modern Earth, the USA isn't as accessible as it used to be, partly no thanks to Trump, after all.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:37 am
Mageheart says...

I admit that the reason I suggested New York City was because it's the only major, big city I've been to before - I really liked the idea of writing somewhere I was familiar with at the start of the storybook, and quickly having them leave NYC so I could branch out to other places.

But I do see your concern, and I'm sure you're growing tired of all of us Americans always using the same cities in storybooks like this. :P

What if we start in NYC, but make sure to pick somewhere that isn't in the US for the next part? I feel like a city's still a good starting place, since it can give our characters multiple reasons for arriving. Once they meet up and realize they're all a bunch of sentient robots - excluding Zogin, who's just there to support her boyfriend best friend - we could go to one of those difficult-to-access places you mentioned, or one that falls into that category.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:29 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Thought as much!

I actually grow tired of any repetitively used places for story settings in general, really! That would be why none of the examples I've cited contains Paris, even though A: I was born there, B: the concept of Automatons, AKA living toys, came from/has been popularized by France and England, to begin with (also basically most of the African continent's spiritualistic/animalistic approach, there was this cool cultural exchange between spirit totems and automatons, it was pretty darn awesome, you know before slavery properly kicked in). I'd have the same reaction if every single Asian Epic-type of SB was set in Edo with Yokais involved, or lots of Western European settings with knights, horses, and fire-breathing dragons — it's... really, really overused.
The point is, nah, it just so happens that a majority of 'Muricans happen to exist in YWS, so "let's start in the US" comes up more easily, which makes the pattern get old quicker.

That being said, yeah but wouldn't a city make it easy for all of us to, uh, be noticed by people we don't want to be seen by? Or is the world already used to sentient robots enough for the most part that it's not a problem anymore? If the latter, then yeah I'm fine with it, but if not, I might as well address the issue. We could totally not mention any of this, but eh, it would be a shame, if it's part of the world we're in.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:48 pm
Mageheart says...

True! I think the majority of the characters look relatively human, with a few odd features here and there. I guess it really depends on what everyone requires for a setting for their characters - I know @Kirkiln needs a place where Adam's caretaker could be, and I just need somewhere that has a rich history - cultural or mythological - for Zogin and Soul to go.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Right. Makes sense, then! So, is the world already used to robots and we can show up to a city no problem, or is it still a taboo and we have to be careful about how we move around? 'Cause you know, can't exactly pass through the airport security if the latter.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:22 pm
Mageheart says...

I'd say it's basically like our Earth, with maybe a little more comfort with robots because of Adam's creation. I think we would have to be careful with how we move around, but I'm sure some of our characters - especially yours, since she strikes me as the type - have some super secret/fancy ways of traveling from one place to another.
mage

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Magestorrow how goes your post?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I haven't started it yet, but that's mainly because I wanted to figure out a starting location - I didn't want to go and describe the wrong setting. :) Is everyone okay with starting in a place like New York City and heading elsewhere, or would you be able to have your characters end up in odder places? Zogin and Soul can basically go anywhere, but I wasn't sure about everyone else.
mage

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Gotcha! I suppose now would be a good time to see who's still in on this SB
@ChristenedPages @fishsashimi @Featherstone @Coffeeism

sass levels loading

[he/him]

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:30 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Heyo

As much as I want to say I'm in, I know that right now this wouldn't be the best for me since there are other life things I need to focus on. Hopefully I'll be up for storybooking sometime in the near future because Lord knows I miss it, but at the moment I know I should drop out of this one. I really wish you all the best of luck with this awesome story ;3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It's alright, @Coffeeism! Let me know if you want to hop back in later on. <3
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:25 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Hi! Same with @Coffeeism. I'm very busy rn and already doing a terrible job with keeping up with my other commitments on YWS. If things get better this summer and I feel up to tackling another SB again, I'll let you know!
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:09 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey y'all, so while this storybook should technically be archived, I know we're still willing to write for this (I have a post finished xD) so I went ahead and put the Undying Tag on the Storybook :D

@Magestorrow maybe we can see if any new peeps wanna join this?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:17 am
Mageheart says...

That sounds like a plan to me, @Kirkiln. Also, thanks for the undying tag. <3
mage

queer and here.

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
— William Shakespeare