z

Young Writers Society

WWE: Wraithaxe Wizard Entertainment DT

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

To all whom it may concern: This show is about to go on the road! I'd like profiles by Friday so we can start.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:56 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Chaser Aaand character template submitted! Say hello to Domilgo Pharr, AKA Milphar - because it sounded better for a war mage name, or so he thought :3

Oh yes, also, fair warning: Astral's currently having several internet connection issues, so he prolly won't be able to submit his template before some time. Since the SB's just starting, he should be catching up just fine, but eh, like I said: 'tis but a fair warning!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:58 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

To add upon that, we're having regular "loadshedding", i.e., scheduled power outages. This has been wrecking havoc on our internet service provider, so it often results in being unable to go online even when the power's back. My schedule for my studies is also hectic, but luckily, we have a long weekend free of assignments! I'll work on my profile as soon as I can. @Chaser, is there anything in particular that you'd like from my character?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:26 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Double-posting to say I've decided on a character! I noticed an unoccupied niche, so I hope filling it helps balance the cast. I'm going to start writing it now and ought to be done in a few hours at most. If nobody else has said something here by then, I guess I'll triple-post to make the announcement. :P
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:59 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Can't wait to see your character, Astral!

177 Reviews

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:41 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

@AstralHunter and @Tortwag, I'm pleased to receive both of your characters! I think our cast is rounded out quite nicely now. Now, since I did promise versatility within the story, we can have a civil discussion on where to begin in the story. Options standing are:

Finding a new sponsor (Our previous sponsor, Horst's Hogmeats, was discovered to be pig-doping and had to be let go).

Thelix's Publicity Stunt Bonanza (A sort of talent exhibition for the wizards)

Hyper Hyper Fight Night Supreme (A mysterious rookie, The Overgiver, stars in a brawl-all against the wizards)

Operation Free Wizard (A magical criminal potential recruit is rumored to be passing through on the way to the Capitol's anti-magic prison.)

Story Mode (Starting with a few battles between face and heel and just seeing where it goes from there)

We might get to all of them at any rate, but I wanted to know what all of you thought. Should be fun!
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

293 Reviews

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:12 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Yeah, I got distracted, so it took more than just a few hours. And then I got distracted while writing this reply! Isn't it fantastic having the attention span of a pigeon? XD

Anyway, I'm happy that you're happy with the CP, Chaser! (And I do hope you like it too, Europa!) Sorry for the long history section, but you can see why it was important. XD Your, Europa's, and Tort's characters are all fascinating! Whither is a face that's a heel in reality, and the other two are in reversed positions. I don't know about you three, but I just got a thought that likens the cast to a circus, in terms of both diversity and how ridiculous it can potentially get. XD

As for the ideas, all of them sound great! Story Mode is potentially a bit vanilla, and it's always nice to have character development happen naturally, so I'll vote for finding a new sponsor! It's simple enough for the start of the story, while also being interesting enough to allow us to enjoy some character development and interactions.

PS: The first, second, and third "XD" can all be compared to Discord's ":sweat_smile:", ":yum:", and ":joy:" smileys, which I sorely miss outside of the platform.
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:14 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@Astralhunter I really love Jeanne's character! My one concern is the golden paladin has about the same personality as Whither when she's Roulette.

@Chaser personally I think starting small with Story Mode would set stage for most of the bigger ideas nicely, since it gives a good outlet for showing off each character's abilities and make the effect of some of the other ideas seem a little more dramatic if we used them later on.

293 Reviews

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:34 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Aww, thanks! And yeah, I totally see your point. Well, I have two suggestions! The one is that I rethink and change it to be different, but the other is that we do nothing. Now, I think that could be the more interesting the one, since see, I don't think the two characters, even though the descriptions are similar, would be portrayed the same way. Seeing the differences and similarities would therefore be intriguing! But... *grins* even then, imagine they are too similar for Roulette's liking and she goes to the writers with her complaint. They could potentially refuse to change either of the personas, even though Jeanne would be more than willing to oblige, which could then lead to very interesting character interactions and conflict. Especially since Whither would very likely hold it against him. So yeah, I'm happy with both options, but I do recommend the second one. XD

It's your call! Let me know. ^_^
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:54 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Chaser late to the party, but thanks!

@AstralHunter Personally I love that we both went for characters that have gender confusion, 'cept that mine's only got that when he's on stage for unspecific reasons, and yours has had that trouble his entire freaking life. Also, my Natural Frenchness gushes at your use of Jeanne du Pont, but you've already gotten cookies for that, so I shan't give you anymore just yet :3
We are totally a circus. Like, we just are. We're pretty much all gonna become friends/tolerable comrades not necessarily because we like each other, but because we hang out so much due to this job that we'll get used to each other's "???" life elements. It's happening, I tell you.

Hmm... Idea-wise, I'm leaning towards the Thelix's Publicity Stunt Bonanza. It's mostly 'cause it relates to something I love doing in intro posts, but basically, I love the idea that we all get to have an excuse to introduce our abilities to the public, especially since it'll serve as a great excuse to A: have all of us show the other writer how our characters use their abilities, B: build hype around old fans that like our stunts and new people that don't know them.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

177 Reviews

Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:49 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Alright! It took a while, but the first post is finally up! As a kickstart to the story and world-building, I've decided go with option 1: Finding a new sponsor! Your challenge is to make the happy city of Rudigall suffer. I look forward to working with all of you! Here's to wasted magic!

293 Reviews

Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:51 am
BrumalHunter says...

Hah, I'm loving this challenge! And I can't wait to read your post. (I'll either reply in a new comment or edit this one.) To wasted magic!

EDIT: The post was awesome, Chaser! But I pity poor Hal. The poor dude just wants to be useful and treated fairly! Hmm, but I wonder how exactly our characters are going to find a new sponsor. At least Jeanne will have no difficulty being recognised! Now, I just need to come up with a way to monetise that...
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:47 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@Chaser love the perfect level of Screw You put into Whither's interactions

I'll be working on a post, but I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get it up because I've got a pretty full plate right now.

45 Reviews

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:41 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Done and posted! Whither might be a piece of garbage, but this challenge really played to her strengths, @Chaser! Also she's the absolute queen of sarcasm which is very fun for me to write.

177 Reviews

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:05 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Verily I did LOL, and it's great to see Whither ruin things for justice!

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns