z

Young Writers Society

The Martyr (DT)

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:47 am
Samhain says...

Let's chat about the Storybook! (If anyone ever joins....)
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:25 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey everyone! So I know some people don’t like to be the first person to join a storybook... so I did it for you! The Lone Hunter (Maksim Lobanov) has officially made an appearance as the first character to be introduced! Now we need all you amazing writers to join in, so we can make this work even MORE fantastic!! So, please hop on over to the storybook section, and look at The Martyr! (Maybe even write a little, who knows?) And I realize some of you may be thinking: Uhhh... what’s The Martyr? Weeeeelll, that’s a great question and one I will happily answer!

1. What is it?
Spoiler! :
The Martyr is a horror story. It takes place in the fictional town of Zhertva, Russia. One by one, starting with a young boy named Alexis Afanisyev, children disappear into the deadly tundra known as the Wasteland. They are called to a specific area of the Wasteland known as the Hollow, where they are gathered by an evil spirit of vengeance who orders them to commit suicide. Yet after they commit suicide, they all come back to life, now possessed by the spirit known as The Martyr. The terrorized townspeople must figure out who or what is behind these disappearances, and expeditions are made to find the children. It becomes a matter of fighting evil without hurting the children in the process. Will the townspeople succeed? They had never believed in paranormal legends before, but now they must.

2. What characters are there?
Spoiler! :
So far we have not named the other characters, but here's a few of them that will be needed. The Lone Hunter (Maksim Lobanov) is written by me. The first boy to be kidnapped, Alexis Afanisyev, is written by the amazing AmadeusW! All other characters are open and needed!

1: The Lone Hunter: he is a man who lives in the Wasteland alone and survives in a small mountain cabin. He finds Alexis dead, yet is terrified when the boy comes back to life in his living room with a demon possessing him.

2: Alexis' mother: She is held up in the town per the sheriff's orders. Meanwhile she loses her sanity and slowly begins creating a following of parents whose children also went missing.

3: The Sheriff: He is in charge of sending out teams and investigating the disappearances. He at first didn't believe in the supernatural, but began to see things that led him to believe there was a spirit behind these disappearances.

4: The Martyr himself: A vengeful spirit of a man who is eternally angry at the town of Zhertva for killing his son.

3. Excerpt
Spoiler! :
I’ve seen many bizarre things when hunting. I’ve seen deers with antlers locked together, raccoons chasing squirrels, and even a wolf in a tree. But I have to say— the dead body was a first (...) “And you're... you're sure he's dead?" The sheriff asked. I turned back towards the couch and froze. The body was gone. It wasn't there anymore.

"Wait..." I whispered. In the other room, I heard my toilet flush, and my heart started pounding uncontrollably. "I swear he was dead... he didn't have a heartbeat..."
This is an excerpt of the first add-on to the story. If you want to read the rest, hop on over! We would really appreciate it!!

Thanks to all you lovely authors, and happy writing!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:23 pm
trashykawa says...

oooh ooh may i?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

103 Reviews

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:39 am
Samhain says...

Absolutely, @hiraeth!
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

98 Reviews

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:18 am
trashykawa says...

Actually
Is it ok if I submit my cp a week later? I'm away on vacation and the network's spotty.
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

103 Reviews

Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:31 pm
Samhain says...

Sounds good, @hiraeth. Enjoy your vacation!
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

98 Reviews

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 pm
View Likes
trashykawa says...

ghhhh i'm sorry, but i think it would be best if i didn't join - my school starts this monday (perks of being in the school that closes the earliest), i'm writing a book, plus am part of two other storybooks, and also watching the cricket world cup a lot soooooo i'm not sure if i'll be posting all that much. thus, it's best if i not join, right? again, i'm sorry.
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

103 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 pm
Samhain says...

@hiraeth it's up to you.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:23 am
winterwolf0100 says...

hiraeth, totally understand! I used to go to a school that started SUPER early. However, we're still looking for writers, so if you at any time decide you'd be interested, we'd love to have you! It's a slow story process, so you can write whenever you get time, if you want!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye