Young Writers Society

World of Remnant DT

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hello everyone! Welcome to World of Remnant!

Disclaimer

Did you read the disclaimer on the SB page? Well you should! Basically, this is the EU, or Extended Universe of Shattered Moons, my other Storybook. But, that doesn't mean you need to read Shattered Moons, or even watch the anime this is based off of. However, you should read the information put in the original SB post. It's a lot, but it's just a foundation! It's main purpose is to let you in on the huge world that has been created.

Even if you have no idea with how to go about making a character but you still want to join, well, then join! I'll be here to help you every step of the way, don't worry.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:04 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Pinging my SM cast: @AstralHunter @FigrothFelanor @Lael @Sheyren @AllisontheWriter @ScarlettFire

Y'all may not have time for this, which is perfectly fine! This is meant to be laid back and on the back burner compared to SM. These are side stories, only if you want to expand on things.

I know I want to write Cloud, so that's one of the reasons why I did it lol

Also @Tortwag because you seemed interested in it xD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:29 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Well that was sooner than anticipated!
fetches RWBY-related schemes hmm... Yes, I can use that.

Okay, yes! I am indeed interested in this extended background! Knowing my... Tendencies, though, I'll make sure to ask you some questions as to know what I could do, or what I could be. Oh, and speaking of which, @Omnom, would you prefer me to do that in PM-format, or DT-format, m'dear? Either way work for me.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:45 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

So this one is intended to just be snippets or side stories here and there? Or do you intend for this to be more cohesive? If so, is it set in the past before SM or the present, or the future?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

40 Reviews

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:32 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Aaaand, got my character down! Not gonna post anything yet, though, since I still want to be sure how to adapt him properly.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:12 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Sorry about not responding, y'all! I was busy with show time haha, but I'm here now :D

@Tortwag you can ask anything you'd like here :D

@Lael this is meant to be both. If you'd like to write snippets or side stories, that's totally cool, but if you're wanting to write a longer arc (like I think I'll be doing with Cloud) then that's totally cool too! It's really up to you and pretty lenient. This is also going to be in the present, running alongside SM, but you can do posts in the past (as we did with Team ARTC five years ago in the main Storybook). You'll just have to denote what time the story is going through.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:07 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

"if you also wanna ask this in the DT, that'd be great"

"•What kind roles do you need, for WoR, assuming you're looking for anything specific?

•Is having more than one characters fine, for this kind of side SB?

•What roles do you think I should/would fill, assuming those are necesary for everyone? ← This doesn't mean I'm not looking to have my own challenges for my own characters, I'm only asking to evaluate how much freedom I have VS what could be, like, underlying missions in this wonderful place.

•Must our characters be tied with specific events, characters, factions or thing from Shattered Moon?

•Can we eat cakes at some point?

•And finally: Since Remnant clearly have advanced tech, how free are we to create our own tech as long as it fits with this world?

There!"

↑ Wish = granted!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:58 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Tortwag

•What kind roles do you need, for WoR, assuming you're looking for anything specific?

Well, I'm not really looking for anything specifically. This project is somewhat of an experiment! I'm gonna be pretty lenient with what I allow, as long as it fits within the canon of SM. I think the better idea here is: what are you wanting to do? We can work from there :D

•Is having more than one characters fine, for this kind of side SB?

Yep! You can write however many characters you'd like! (Although I might give you a weird look if you have five or more xD) but basically make sure that you have CTs for all of these characters. If your characters are minor and not the focus of the posts, then you don't need one. But, if you're wanting to write one-offs, then a minor CT is recommended.

I would also recommend that if you're planning on writing a major arc, feel free to bring other writers in on it! Especially if you have certian people who you like to write with, feel free to invite them.

•What roles do you think I should/would fill, assuming those are necesary for everyone? ← This doesn't mean I'm not looking to have my own challenges for my own characters, I'm only asking to evaluate how much freedom I have VS what could be, like, underlying missions in this wonderful place.

This is something I can answer better when I know what kinda character you're wanting to make. I'm gonna be pretty flexible, buuuut if you really want your character to show up in SM (which is something that can totally happen!) there would naturally be less flexibility there.

Also, I write my Challenges to be outlets for writers to use if they wish, but also challenging enough to push them out of their comfort zone. Soooooo, I would frown at you if you ignored my challenges :D

•Must our characters be tied with specific events, characters, factions or thing from Shattered Moon?

Yep! This is a story that is in the world of SM, and certain characters written about here tie directly in SM. To be clear, this is not an opportunity to write your own version of events that conflict with SM. Now, if you want to write a one-off about a Faunus in Menagerie who will never see the light of day in SM, feel free :D

Like I said, this is an experiment to see how writing the extended universe of Shattered Moons works out.

•Can we eat cakes at some point?

Only if your name starts with R and ends with uby with nothing in between :)

•And finally: Since Remnant clearly have advanced tech, how free are we to create our own tech as long as it fits with this world?

That's another thing that I would just need to chat with you about. Basically, though, just know the limits of the area you're working on. Something based on Atlas tech would be different than something based on Vacuo tech. For example, there's Grindelin Industries that is competing with Schnee Dust Company in the construction of weapons in Atlas. Things like that are totally acceptable :D

A good rule of thumb for me is to always add and compliment the world around you. You should never be trying to detract or distract from what's already there.

Are there any other questions for me? I would also love to learn more about any characters you're planning.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

81 Reviews

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:07 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

For myself, the story stuff I have in mind currently would be to write Night's backstory, from the time when he witnessed his family and village being killed by Grimm as a young boy to his time living on the streets to deciding to become a Hunter. Anything else, I'd have to think of that first. :)

Would you like me to put up a CP here or does having it in SM suffice?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:11 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Lael that would be cool to explore his backstory more! I don't think you'd need another CT unless you planning on making some major changes to him from who he is during the time of SM. Even then, just a simple, barebones CT would suffice :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:15 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

• Not anything specific. Full freedom it is!

•Theeeen I'll go with prolly just two. Hmm, it's gonna be tough to handle, but oh well. I've got a few things to experiment with 'em.

I prolly won't bring much people or will forget along the way, but if anyone from the actual SB wants in, I wouldn't mind that happening! As I am now though, it's prolly not necessarily, but eh, it shouldn't cause any trouble.

•Good, because their CPs have been ready for a few days now, and I'll just submit 'em so you can see what they are. I have... no idea if they could show up in SM or not, but I guess one of 'em could be Bleu's crush? I'll have to think about it.

Oh right, those! Well, I won't outright ignore them, but I might forget a thing or two along the way, but still! I'll try my best to keep 'em in mind. They're not always easy to implement, but they've always been accessible and all.

•This answers that! Welp, I'll make sure to keep that in mind as I catch up with SM and its various events, then.

•Wha- BUT I THOUGHT RUBY WAS A COOKIE FANATIC. UGH. Oh well, I'll... I'll settle for pop corns!

•'Kay! Then it's fine, really.

Nope! No more questions. As for my characters, their CTs shall come in the following minutes.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:10 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Huntsmen: @Omnom @AstralHunter @ScarlettFire @AllisontheWriter @FigrothFelanor @Sheyren @Lael @Tortwag

Welcome to the World of Remnant

Welcome to the World of Remnant, Huntsman or Huntress.

Under the watchful eye of the Shattered Moon, your story begins, or ends, here. The world is on the brink of a world-wide war, and one way or another, your character is a part of this strife.

But, the world doesn't know who you are. Do you know the world, yet?

Location - 2 Points: Your Huntsman or Huntress must figure out where in the World of Remnant they reside. They must also figure out a want of their character. It can reside in the same country they're in, but I'd rather that not be the case.

Theme - 2 Points: Every Huntress has a theme. This includes a color set, a symbol, their name, and a rough idea of their weapon, aura color, and Semblance. (@Omnom can help once you have the rough ideas planned out).

Story - 2 Points: What is your character's Story? Where do you want them to end up in this world conflict?

Living, Breathing World: There is a living, breathing world within Remnant, and several characters already reside within. Learn about these characters, interact with their writers, and collaborate to bring more to the world than what is already there. Points here are flexible, so really it's all about involvement. The World of Remnant is a large canvas.

Now, I would say that I would never say no to ideas, but that's not true. What I will do is say "how about this?"

Good luck in the World of Remnant, Huntsman.

The challenge has expired! Do you maybe want to reissue it or maintain the next one for longer than just a month using special mould magic, Omnom?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:32 am
View Likes
Omni says...

The next part in Cloud's adventure has been posted! I completely forgot to repost the challenge, so I will go do that XD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:55 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Also, points have been awarded for the challenge for @Tortwag's and @ScarlettFire's characters. You've been awarded six points for each character, since if I accepted them, then I think all points were done :D can't wait to see posts from y'all!

@AstralHunter how goes it? xD I think you showed interest in this, right?

@Lael I know you said you were interested in writing here! Do you have an idea yet? I would love to help with something :D

@AllisontheWriter Qrow? QROW???

sass levels loading

[he/him]

81 Reviews

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:51 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I sort of have ideas, but not quite yet. Although I know this is laid back, I'm not sure if I really want to do this since I've become quite slow at posts and busy IRL for a while now.

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan