Young Writers Society

Deserted in Space [DT]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:48 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I'm gonna try to make it this week or next week but it's been kind of crazy for me as of late so idk if I can give you a date yet!!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:00 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I'm swamped until Friday, so I can't even start until then. But I can probably put something together this weekend? Unless someone else wants to go first.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:22 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Welp. I believe it's time to...

I have quite a few SBs to catch up and work is starting to pile up, but I think can manage to do something for this week! If not, by the one after that.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:58 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@niteowl Finally reached your post, m'dear! Allow me to help you with good ol' Glay.

•"wanting to know its secrets, but the Galtanii picked it up first.

"Ah yes, it is lovely, isn't it, miss? However, I would prefer you look and not touch without asking first."

↑ No worries, m'dear: Glay wouldn't actually mind if anyone touched one of his mechanical bugs - unless they outright try to attack or break them. In Zenia's case, she's clearly interested, and Glay has worked with Timewalkers before, so he's fine with it! He'd totally tell her to treat the bug gently, though. Because defense mechanism.

•"Zee. I like that. Glayosei Giarkl, but Glay works just fine." ← He wouldn't really react to the nicknaming, and would only give his out of courtesy/social mimicking.

•"I am Human Simon. You may call me Simon." ← I just wanted to mention how positively hilarious this is.

•I love the vision of the small bug destroying a Hydralion's sorry butt XD Thanks for the idea, m'dear, I'll add something about that, for the next time our characters talk.

And there you go! You may edit things, whenever you're fine with it. Of course, please let me know about anything relevant I should edit whenever I write for Zenia. Cheers! Oh, one last thing.
"However, she had never thought her fate would rest on a bathroom floor." ← Yeah, I don't think length of posts matter when you manage to end them with something that glorious XD
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:35 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

@Tortwag, thanks for the edits! I will fix my post accordingly.

Yeah I wasn't sure about the "no touching the bug" thing, but basically I didn't want her to get her hands on it and have another vision and make the post even longer. Maybe I'll just have it as Glay gets to the bug first and leave it at that.

ETA: Okay, I edited it so that she decides to set aside her interest in the bugs for the moment given their current predicament and simply introduces herself. Hope that works! :mrgreen:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

40 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:08 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@niteowl Ya welcome, m'dear!

Hmm, I liked the whole vowing to ask him more about the bugs, though, but it's a good thing you removed it, actually! I'll let Glay shine a bit in his own post, and I planned for a moment in which Zenia will definitely get the chance to ask a few more things.

I'm officially reserving next post's spot, by the by! Just a fair warning, y'all. *grin* Should be fun.

767 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Awesome! I'm excited for what you'll come up with, @Tortwag ~ I think I'll be able to post after you do ^^ (but @soundofmind if you're working on something and would like to go before, that would be cool too ~ )
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[she/her]

40 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:15 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Thankies! Hope you'll enjoy it, m'dear. So, one of you is next after me, then. Got it! Hopefully, I won't take too long, but sorry in advance if I do.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:06 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Hi everyone!

Tortwag is doing a great job working on his post. However, I wanted to open up a discussion about where we want to go in the near future, because I have some news: this coming Wednesday (17th October) I'm going away for roughly two weeks (until 3rd November). This means we are in a bit of a situation...

To start Stage 2, or not to start Stage 2: that is the question.

This is important so please read... (sorry that it's long >_<)

The SB so far
So far in Stage 1, the SB characters have more or less reacted to the Taxzi Craft being shot out of the wormhole. Characters have interacted, and have split into two groups: those leaving the compartment (Tephra, Anya, Runi, Tottan, Astrid) and those staying (Simon, Caleb, Zenia, Glay). An emergency announcement has been made giving an uncertain explanation of what has happened.

Most characters have NOT yet introduced themselves by name. "Staying" characters have just begun investigating/searching for details regarding what happened to the Craft. "Leaving" characters have not yet explored/navigated the Craft to any great length. None of them yet know for certain that they are in deep space.

Option One
Tortwag will post soon. If we commence Stage 2 before I leave, I'll then write up a post to go after Tortwag's, in which I'd wrap up Stage 1 and introduce the Stage 2 monster. Stage 2 is essentially an action/fighting stage in which the characters work together to prevent the huge serpent creature/monster from destroying the Taxzi Craft. It'll be a lot of fun, and will keep us busy posting for the two weeks I'm away. The downside of this is that the original plans of Stage 1 might need to be cut short. Also, although I'll still be able to answer questions about Stage 2 while I'm away, it won't be nearly as frequent as usual (I will try my best).

Option Two
If we decide to keep the SB at Stage 1 until I get back, it means the three people who haven't yet posted (soundofmind, SpiritedWolfe, Synnoev) excluding Tortwag will be able to post for Stage 1. It also means that more foreshadowing/investigating/exploring can continue and be resolved in those two weeks. If we decide to go with this option, I will open up posting to everyone again, meaning that those who haven't yet posted and those who have can post randomly and continue the story during the next two weeks. The downside of this option is that we might run out of plot material in Stage 1 before I get back. It really depends on how many SB posts a week, realistically, we can spit out (because people might be busy, therefore this option might be better). Also, if we drag Stage 1 out too long, the storybook might get boring.

I want to ask you all what you would prefer to do: start Stage 2 or no?

Last edited by AvantCoffee on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Since not everyone has gotten a chance to go, I think it would be best to wait until you come back to start Stage 2 - especially since those two weeks will probably fly by!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I agree that it's fine to wait to start Stage 2. It seems like there's plenty of things to explore both for those who left the compartment and those who have stayed. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

767 Reviews

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:12 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I'm also down for keeping at Stage 1. I think it will also give some people *cough*myself*cough* a chance to get warmed back up! I think we just need to be talking with each other and collaborating in order to get some creative ideas flowing :3

And I don't feel like we'll need much of a posting order either, since it's really broken up into two camps for the time being. I'm just waiting for Tortwag to finish his post before I write up mine (which I could likely do this weekend if he finishes by then ~) since what he writes impacts the camp Simon is in.

tl;dr: I think we could stick with Stage 1 until you get back ^^

[she/her]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I agree about waiting for stage 2 and sticking w/stage 1!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

Reviews: 4
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:29 pm
View Likes
AmberSunset says...

I’m late to the the party buuuuut yes :D I also agree that we can wait to begin stage two. We can get other people to post while you’re away :(

40 Reviews

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:16 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Since Stage 2 doesn't at all mean leaving people behind and not letting them use, y'know, whatever plot point they have in mind, I'd prefer moving to that, actually! Especially since we'd get to have a glimpse at whatever is going to hit the ship, and stall right after that anyway until Coffee comes back. I don't mind stage one, I just feel like there's more material to stall with/write with if we already move to it now - since it doesn't mean we have to "rush".
I shall now use a Shadow Clone Technique to properly win this democratic vote/opinion-based conversation and subsequently rule the world after doing so.

Nailed it

That being said, I need to finish my post by Saturday, so I'll do that. Sorry for the wait, Wolfe!

"If fortis was here, we could have a teal party"
— Pompadour