Deserted in Space [DT]

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

DT here yo ~

If you would like to join or have questions please comment below.

So everyone is aware: @LakeOfCancer has volunteered as tribute to be my second-in-command (backup manager) of this Storybook if ever I'm busy for a short while c:

Storybook Participants
@CoffeeCat — Tephra Briggs
@Saen — Darunia Vain
@soundofmind — Tottan
@LakeOfCancer — Astrid Dayholt
@AmberSunset — Aanyadeena Keturahn Venusalina (what a mouthful!)
@SpiritedWolfe — S1M-0N3E (Simon)
@niteowl — Zenia Xedron
@Synnoev — Caleb Indolan
@Tortwag — Glayosei Giarkl

WriterFeed Pad where we plan stuff

Story End Goal: To find a way to get back to a galaxy while remaining alive in deep space, so that they (the SB characters) can resume their normal lives within civilisation.

Current SB Stage:
STAGE 1 — Thrown Off Course

Here is the posting format to go at the top of each Storybook post:
Code: Select all
[center][size=200][small-caps]Your Character's Name[/small-caps][/size][/center]

And for scene breaks:
Code: Select all
[center][b]—//∫//—[/b][/center]

*Any important information regarding this Storybook will be updated/included in this first DT post as time goes on*...

Spoiler! :
SB Housekeeping & General Info (gathered from DT posts) PLEASE READ:
>> Since this is more or less a survival SB, try and make characters with particular skill sets or roles (e.g. medic, warrior, scholar, explorerer/scavenger, leader, astronomer, pilot, archaeologist/historian, or even just the glue that keeps everyone friendly with each other). You can best mention this in the ‘Strengths’ and ‘Weaknesses’ sections of the character template. The more diverse each character is, the better chance they’ll all have of survival.
>> Make sure you've subscribed to both the Storybook and this Discussion Topic.
>> Have a read of the WriterFeed Pad (and maybe add some fresh, spunky ideas). You'll notice that below the plot planning there is a spot reserved for 'character relationships'. Try and write a short description of what your character's relationship might be with the other characters listed.
>> As we go forward, make sure to read all SB and DT posts so that there is no inconsistency or miscommunication.

Thank you! :)
Last edited by AvantCoffee on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 am, edited 7 times in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'd love to join this storybook!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I WANT TO JOIN TOO!!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:30 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Haha yay you can both join! XD It'll be so great to write with you both again! (Aah I'm really excited now)

If you are able to make a character go right ahead. Oh yeah, and to reign in more people it'd be wonderful if y'all could maybe share my most recent wall post about the SB (but by no means feel like you have to).

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:59 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Yeah I'll totally share it!! AND HMM now I'm wondering if I want to use an old character for this or create a new one. I have an old alien medic oc that didn't get much use... but I dunno if he fits the vibes I'm getting from this one. Would we want a super capable alien doctor aboard? LOL

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:04 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Lol well when I thought up this SB I was imagining 'deserted island survival story in space'... so... probably?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:09 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

TRUE!!! i might switch up his personality then just so he's a little more fun for me to write lol

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:53 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

I just created my character, so check her out when you can c:

Edit: When I mentioned in the SB that "Humans have also evolved in strange ways...", this can be entirely up to your imagination. A lot of time has passed since 21st Century Earth, meaning a whole lot of new technologies and scientific discoveries have made mere concepts possible.

For example, I included in my character's profile that "humans have developed a means to stop ageing at 25 -- the age when the brain is determined to have reached full development". Maybe human beings have tapped into psychic abilities... or now have technologies that equate to such. As long as there's no godmodding, and these futuristic developments are communicated, you have my permission to get creative! ;)
Last edited by AvantCoffee on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I love Terror Tephra already! I feel like she'd easily get along with the character I'm thinking of using for this. I'm hoping to have said character up by tonight!
mage

queer and here.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:53 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Thanks, Saen! :3 I can't wait to see what character you come up with!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:33 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My character is up!
mage

queer and here.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 pm
View Likes
LakeOfCancer says...

OMG! THIS IS SO MY TYPE OF RP/STORY! If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to join, but only with your permission. :)
If I had known I would die, I would've lived my life...

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

~Charlie Brown

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:12 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@LakeOfCancer You can join! :D

@Saen Runi is awesome! I can see how you thought her and Tephra would get along. There also might be some tension in their relationship since Tephra is human (because of what happened to Nissam and Venen)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 am
View Likes
LakeOfCancer says...

ohmygoodness thank youssssss!!!!!!!!!! I probably won't make a character until tomorrow, but i'll be super excited anyways!
If I had known I would die, I would've lived my life...

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

~Charlie Brown

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:53 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

A quick word to everyone on characters: Since this is more or less a survival SB, try and make characters with particular skill sets or roles (e.g. medic, warrior, scholar, explorerer/scavenger, leader, astronomer, pilot, archaeologist/historian, or even just the glue that keeps everyone friendly with each other). You can best mention this in the ‘Strengths’ and ‘Weaknesses’ sections of the character template. The more diverse each character is, the better chance they’ll all have of survival.

Edit: I created a WriterFeed Pad for this Storybook as well as updated my first DT post. You'll find that I've already brainstormed some plot foundations for Deserted in Space in the WFP. You can drop in and add some stuff or just say hi in the chat bar if you'd like :3

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart