z

Young Writers Society

Deserted in Space [DT]

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:57 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I'd say go for it! ^^ And you can always talk to people specifically about how you portrayed their character if you have questions.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

Reviews: 4
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:49 pm
View Likes
AmberSunset says...

If no one plans on going I could go next? But if someone else wants to go next they can! :D But I could be able to come up with something!

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:22 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@SpiritedWolfe Totally!

@AmberSunset Go for it!

Extra clarification on passenger compartments:
This is my bad, since I wasn't really specific enough, but the compartments are similar in size to a subway carriage or a bus, meaning they each have about 30-ish seats. That's how all the characters can be in the same compartment. I called them compartments because they're so secure and closed-off from the rest of the Craft. I've asked Lake to alter her post slightly so this stays consistent, to no real fault of her own.

@LakeOfCancer Regardless of this, what a nice post, Lake! It really highlighted the seriousness of the situation (and like I said to you, I wouldn't be surprised if Tottan was the one to find Astrid XD )

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I finally got around to writing up how Runi would view the other characters! Please let me know what you think of what I put - I'm really curious, and I'd love to build off of your own thoughts to make them even better.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:21 pm
View Likes
AmberSunset says...

Alright I posted on the story book! Sorry but my response isn't nearly as good as the first two.... but I swear I'll get better as we go along! 8) :D

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:30 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@AmberSunset
AmberSunset wrote:Anya has always been intrigued by humans, but she was just now learning that they may not be as smart as she once thought. A smart human would listen to an announcement. Right?

hAHAHA I'm dead :'D
And yay Anya is actually going to look for Tephra! Great post, Amber (it's not bad at all, silly)! Thanks for setting up a situation that invites the other characters to also leave.

@Saen Thanks for posting, as well, Sae! I love the way you handled Runi's backstory in your post. I can already tell she's going to be an interesting character :3

Is anyone available to go next? (*tags people*: @niteowl @Tortwag ... @soundofmind?)

Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:02 am
View Likes
AmberSunset says...

I LOVE how Anya has become... “The Horned Lady” :D too much love :D

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:46 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I might be able to post tonight or tomorrow, though I have no objections if anyone wants to go first. My vague outline is that Zenia will probably be lost in a daydream when the announcement happens, have to ascertain that this is really happening and not just a bad vision, and then I think she will be compelled to leave and try to find the others who have left because of some prediction that that's the best route forward. But I have to think about what happens at that point.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

767 Reviews

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:03 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I just don't know what to write xD I would love to have someone to collaborate with back in the compartment but no one else has said anything.

[she/her]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:32 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I want to post lol.... I feel like Tottan - since no one's really taken charge yet - will probably step up and just tell people hey, let's have you all stay in the compartment, I'm a medic, I'm gonna go see if anyone needs help
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:20 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@niteowl That would be awesome if you could c:

@soundofmind Sounds good!

And hMM... I might add a temporary section at the top of the WriterFeed Pad so we know who is staying in the compartment and who is leaving. Edit/add where your character will be. At this point it's okay if the group splits up, because they will most likely all meet up again to fight/strategise in Stage 2 when the serpent monster thing appears.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:34 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Okay, so I posted! It's rather long, whoops. Anyway, I get those of us who are staying to explore the compartment and find the first odd thing. I included other characters a lot, so please let me know if I didn't get them right and I can edit @soundofmind @SpiritedWolfe @Tortwag @Synnoev.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

767 Reviews

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:13 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

"Hello Timewalker Zenia Xedron Zee and Galtanii Glayosei Giarkl Glay. I am Human Simon. You may call me Simon."

QUOTE OF MY LIFE xDD

That was a really fun, interesting post, @niteowl. I'd love if we made our first puzzle out of this just because puzzles are great xD But it also gives plenty of times for the others to properly explore ~

[she/her]

92 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:09 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@niteowl Oooooooo *mystery intensifies*
And psh long no that's a good length. Great post, nite!

92 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:37 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

~ double posts ~

Everyone is doing awesomely with this storybook! I'm seriously so hyped :D

So y'all are informed, LakeOfCancer has edited her post so that Astrid left the compartment before the Taxzi Craft entered the wormhole, meaning that she is in a public lounge area of sorts (a perfect location for those characters who are leaving the compartment to find her).

Those who haven't yet posted in the storybook are @SpiritedWolfe, @soundofmind, and @Tortwag (and Synnoev but she's away). Are any of you able to post sometime soon?

I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
— William Shakespeare