Young Writers Society

Eternal [DT]

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:35 am
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

I'm here :D
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, everyone! I'm finally making some progress on this storybook. <3 I wrote up the plot for this next round of posts, and I think I came up with enough plot points for everyone present. If you haven't been in a sb of mine before, all you have to do is pick a plot point to post for, and then wait for your turn to come around. I'll start it off with two posts from me, and then we can get the ball rolling!

Here's the link to the pad again. Check out the plot and pick whatever post looks the most appealing to you~ I should have my posts up either tonight or tomorrow, as well as a new challenge.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:11 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

This looks awesome, @Magestorrow! I just claimed my posts, I have a few ideas brewing. :)

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Great, @Elinor!

I should have mentioned this earlier, since we have so many characters, but would it be possible for you to just claim one post? You can alternate between characters during the rounds, or even in the posts themselves. The only reason I claimed two posts for this round is because one of them is supposed to be from the antagonist's perspective.

I'm sorry for forgetting to mention that in my last post! I haven't run a storybook where people have multiple characters in a very long time, and it completely slipped my mind when I was hurrying to get that message up before I had to go out for the day.
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:43 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Sure, I'll do the bunk beds one at the lodge then. Because I was picturing Cupid and Venus would get a room together and then Apollo would cut in.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sweet! I was thinking that Mercury and Mars have one together. :)

I had more inspiration for the antagonist post and it doesn't impact the order of the other posts, so I thought I'd get it up first so you all have something to read while I work on my actual one. I'm really proud of how this one turned out, and I hope it gets you as pumped for the upcoming parts of the storybook as I am!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arc II's official starting post is now up, as well as the corresponding challenge! No one has claimed the next post yet, so please check out the posts if you haven't already taken one. <3 Hopefully we can get another post or two in before the end of this month!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:32 pm
Mageheart says...

@kat13254, how's your angsty Fawna post coming along?

Also, if you haven't already, please claim a spot in the WFP!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey everyone!

I know this storybook hasn't been all that active lately, so I wanted to remind you that it's still running. If you haven't claimed a spot for the next post arc, please do so! If you have, thank you very, very much - I really appreciate it.

By the way, @kat13254, how's your post coming along? You're the next person up.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:01 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Magestorrow Hai! So, first and foremost: How many days do we have left before this gets archived? I'm asking because I'd like to post before that happens, but I have no idea when, and haha, let's just say I have a history of coming in late right after that happens. So, y'know, I'll try to avoid it, this time.

That being said, I've claimed Round 2's 4th post, which requires knowledge of the 2 mysterious figures. Since I didn't yet post my character's intro yet, though, I'll focus on that, first - it shouldn't break the story's flow, but I'll give it to you before publishing it to make sure of that. And in the meantime, you can always give me said info on said characters!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:33 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

@TinkerTwaggy, I believe the rule for SB archiving is 90 days after last post, and the last post was in mid January, so we’re okay. I look forward to seeing what you and Kat post!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:11 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@niteowl Thank you! This answers that. On with post-schemin', then! Here's to hope it will, indeed, be entertaining to y'all.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:34 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Just writing to say I'm still very committed to this SB, and look forward to posting when it becomes my turn!

-- Walt Disney

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:13 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Hey guys! Due to some life circumstances my post is going to take longer than anticipated, sorry about that!
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:09 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Arc II: Look, I Didn't Want to Be a God

The Challenged

@Magestorrow, @Elinor, @Leahcat517, @niteowl, @Chaser, @kat13254, @Oxara, @ChristenedPages, @TinkerTwaggy, and @TheWeirdoFromBeyond.

The Challenge

Welcome to godhood! This round features our characters discovering their true identities and what that means for them. Because of this you can get one point by having your character think about what being a god means to them. This can be done by having them think about their true name, any powers they might have or how this affects their relationships with other characters - it's up to you!

Speaking of other characters, you can get one point for having your character think about some of the gods, and one more point for including dialogue from a character that doesn't belong to you.

And, because I love long posts, you can get one point by having your post be over 750 words.

In total, you can get up to four points for this challenge.

Completion Time

February 16th, 2019

You didn't want to be gods, and this challenge didn't want to expire, but what can you do? :P
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

"My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
— A.A. Milne