z

Young Writers Society

Eternal [DT]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:45 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double-posting for the sake of attracting attention on the fact that my character, Lynzee Glow, now exists!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:19 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

@Tortwag yay!!
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:52 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

@Saen I’ve decided to claim a second character for Venus’s son, Cupid. I’ll make a profile for him soon.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sounds good to me! It'll be fun having a younger god that everyone dotes on in the group.

I'm planning on starting this storybook in the next few weeks, so please try to get your character profiles in as soon as possible! For those not on the Discord, we decided to use the pad linked in the first page of the DT to list our characters' pasts so we can keep them all straight. If you have some stuff you still need to add, please do so!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am
Mageheart says...

Unless I accidentally skipped over a character, I believe the only person who still needs to make a character profile is @GodHatesShane! If you get a chance, could you please make it soon? I'll start up the first round of posts once all the characters in, as well as give out a challenge and explain what we'll be doing to start this storybook off.

I hope you're all as excited as I am!
mage

queer and here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:52 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

It looks like @PrincessInk claimed Janus but didn't make a profile. Also, Minerva is now unclaimed since @Oxara went with a different god, so I guess she would be an NPC unless someone claims her.

Also I'm up for brainstorming connections to anyone I'm not already connected to. I check Discord in the evenings, or you can PM me on her. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:56 pm
View Likes
Oxara says...

A few things, one what discord is it, is it one for eternal or is it just the unofficial young writer's society one? secondly if you guys want I can make Minerva, I have a cool idea I could use that would interact with my other character. But I don't really mind whatever it is, or if I make it then someone else takes them! Anyway I was just spit balling. And lastly I would like to get some more backstory with other people before this starts so if anyone has any ideas let me know, I think pm would be the best way, but you can just tag me and I should see it.

Anyway thank you guys,
Oxara

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:06 pm
Mageheart says...

@niteowl, thanks for correcting me there! I really appreciate it.

@Oxara, it's actually a Discord for my roleplays and storybooks! (It's called the Saeverse, in case you were curious.) There's a channel specifically for this storybook, and you can mute any of the other ones you're not in if you don't want the notifications from them. And it's really up to you! You don't have to make Minerva if you don't want to, but you're free to make her if you do.
mage

queer and here.

33 Reviews

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:11 pm
Oxara says...

I think I will, I have actually really like this idea, it's somewhat cheesy? Although wait do we have a god/goddess of fate (or destiny I know there is a god for both) also can you send me the link for it @Sean

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:18 am
View Likes
atlast says...

@Saen Ahh! I'm so, so sorry! I've done this twice now! I'm setting up my character for Eternal as I type this, so that will be up before the night is over. I'm also going to get my character for The Occult up as well. Apologies again, I seriously need to stop doing this, it only sets the group behind.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:33 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

@Oxara there’s a couple Gods if fate/destiny that I found from a quick search. There’s the goddess Fortuna, but I didn’t find a whole lot for her and I’d worry she’d be too similar to Victoria (Leah’s character). There’s also the three fates, which I know more about from Greek mythology (if you saw the movie Hercules, they’re the ones that spin the thread of life and cut it) but they do have a Roman equivalent. You’d need to do more research to see if that’s interesting.

It’d be cool if you did Minerva though since so many of the major gods remain unclaimed. :)

Also there’s a link to the Discord Saen mentioned on the first page of the DT
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

33 Reviews

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:47 am
Oxara says...

I was asking more if anyone had claimed them, because I had a slight idea about it, but I think I will stray away form it. Anyway other than that, thank you so much some of it I knew and some of it was new. Anyway I have made Minerva and I will see if sean is cool with it. And also correct me if I am wrong but there is also Necessitas, the Goddess of destiny.

Thanks,
Oxara

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:38 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Are the immortals aware of their powers? It'd definitely shape who they are.

Also, is it all right--or is it a bit god-moddingish if I had Janus be one of the first kings in Italy? I was scouring Janus's Wiki page, and interestingly enough, that was what the Romans believed, that Janus was one of the earliest rulers.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

33 Reviews

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:13 pm
View Likes
Oxara says...

@PrincessInk, I am pretty sure they are aware of their powers, but they are not aware anyone else has powers or are immortals. Neither are they aware their god's of the Romans, i could be wrong but I have written my character as such as Sean has approved it, so I assume that's how it is? And I pretty sure sean said they know their powers but not other's somewhere, I can't can't find where, sorry. Anyway hope this helps, and I might email sean if you are still unsure!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:03 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, @PrincessInk! They do know about their powers, and it wouldn't be godmodding for them to be one of the first kings of Italy.
mage

queer and here.

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness