Young Writers Society

Eternal [DT]

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:03 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

@Chaser, I think Orcus was the old Etruscan underworld god? Based on my super in-depth five minutes of research, he got conflated with Pluto/Hades in weird Roman mythology land. So Pluto's more commonly known as the Roman god of the underworld.

I ran into something similar with my character Bacchus being lumped in with an old Roman agricultural god Liber. I ended up taking elements of both gods in my character, so maybe you could do something like that.

Anyway, my profile is up! @Elinor and I have already discussed a shared history, but I purposely left an opening for another god in my character's backstory, most likely a male one since I think his female lover died for real.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:33 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

@niteowl yeah, I realized that too. But I had such a specific character to the Orcus aspects that I felt it would be presumptuous to claim all of Pluto.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:39 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Ah, fair enough. It could be interesting if someone claims Pluto and there's more than one death god.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@niteowl, @Chaser, @kat13254, all of your characters look wonderful! I made sure to approve of all of them, so now all we can do is sit and wait for everyone else to get their characters in.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Just as a heads up, everyone! @Leahcat517's joining this storybook as Victoria, the Roman's goddess of victory. They've requested that we don't have any explicit stuff, and also asked that we don't involve any heavy cursing. I'm quite happy to oblige, so just make sure to not do that in your posts!
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:31 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Sounds good! I will try to have my character profile up tonight or tomorrow.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:18 am
View Likes
Leahcat517 says...

Hey how many characters do you want before you’re going to start the story? Just wondering.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm pretty much just waiting to see how many people are interested, @Leahcat517! Once it seems like character submissions and claiming have died down, I'll start the storybook. In the meantime, feel free to chat with other people in the sb about possible connections between your characters!
mage

queer and here.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:52 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Hmm... I need... I need an epic entrance gif... Jolly entrance music... And... Generally happy-sounding thematic to my writing style for this one... Yeah... Yeah, let's go with that.

phpBB [media]

Helloooooo, people of Eternal♪ :smt003

Tortwag here, Twaggy for some, Shell for others! Nice to meet y'all - and hi again, for those I already know! If any spot is still available for this StoryBook that-I-am-not-at-all-considering-joining-for-the-sake-of-experimenting-things, I'd love to consider being an underdog by using a fun Roman god - Pales, deity of shepherds, flocks and livestock! grin And considering that it would be under my crazy care, you should definitely expect him to do more than just:

As hilarious as that would be.
...I am totally making him start his journey with that song. Oh gosh, I am SO doing that.

Aaaaaanyway! With that said, I'll be stalking this for the time being, and creating a character template for the fun of it. chuckles I'm just gonna keep it around for something else, in case of refusal.

Ta-ta, m'dears, and have yourselves a fantastic time :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:19 pm
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Can I claim Pluto?
(always loved the mysteries of the underworld)
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the storybook, @Tortwag! As usual, your introduction didn't disappoint.

@TheWeirdoFromBeyond, sure thing! I've put him down on the gods claimed list, so you're all set now.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:06 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Saen Pff. You're paid to say this, obviously. Thank you, m'dear, I enjoy making those, IN CASE THAT WASN'T CLEAR ENOUGH

@TheWeirdoFromBeyond Ooooh, Pluto, eh? Interesting. That makes two deities that enjoy death, with Chaser's! Can't wait to see how you'll make it unique, m'dear. Same for everyone else, really! The Character templates are really fun, so far - and speakin' of those, I'll start working on mine!

Nihihihihi... Flocks and livestock, eh... Time to make things wacky :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:58 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

@Tortwag Tortttyyyyy Diana is the goddess of nature, and has a very strong connection to animals!
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@kat13254 I NOTICED, LET'S BE BFFS AND/OR HOOK UP

Jokes that may or may not happen aside, that'll help for communication! Although... grin Well, we'll see how Fawna (nice play on Fauna, by the way) reacts to my character's, uh...

...issues. :smt003

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)