Eternal [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:47 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lore

The gods of ancient mythology and modern religions aren't exactly the same as the ones people put their faith in. Instead, they're the result of that faith - one day after people have believed in them for awhile, they just pop into existence as grown adults with a wide range of magical abilities. Normally, the gods are found by gods from older religions, and are taught everything they need to know about being a god.

There's just one problem.

The Roman gods were never found because no one thought they needed to search for them in the first place, as the Roman gods are, for the most part, updated versions of their Greek predecessors. So while the Greek gods may have been snatched the moment they came into existence, the Roman gods were forced to wander for thousands of years without any idea who they really are. They might be able to access their magic, but won't have a clue why they have it in the first place.

Over the years, the Roman gods have wandered around the world in search of answers to why they can't die and why they have magic. They haven't found any, and are all so good at hiding their true identities that the others didn't have an inkling that they existed. Oz/Mars is the first one of them to actually consider the possibility that he's not the only immortal out there, and is the only one who's tried figuring things out by comparing what he knows with other immortals.

For the most part, gods have relatively unique magic that pertains to what they're the god of. People with elemental abilities - like Matt/Mercury can control wind in lieu of actually being able to fly and swiftly travel. If they don't have something like that, chances are that they're spellcasters. These are people like Mars, who can utter specific phrases and words to produce a tangible effect. While Mercury's magic is heavily controlled by his emotions, Mars has to put a large about of thought and effort into actually producing results.

The only other important piece of information is that death gods - like Pluto - have two abilities. Not only can they do something like control darkness and shadows, but they can also see the dead - an ability the others can only accomplish if they use the right spells.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

View Likes
Mageheart says...

Cast

mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

View Likes
Mageheart says...

NPCs

[To Be Added]
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

View Likes
Mageheart says...

Character Templates

The templates are listed in the spoiler. Please delete anything in the parentheses. That information is there to help you create your character.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Current Alias:[/b]
[b]Godly Name:[/b]
[b]Magic:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] (Nonbinary and transgender characters are cool with me! Just remember to include what pronouns they prefer.)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Up for Romance:[/b] (If they are, please include what their sexuality is.)
[b]Backstory:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hello! I'm Sae. Since I'm the one running this storybook, please ask me any questions you have. I'll make sure to explain more about the lore in the next few days, so please keep an eye out for that!

Here's the WriterFeedPad for this storybook.

And here's the invite for the Discord server.

I can't wait to do this storybook with all of you!

mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:54 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

I'd like to claim Diana, Goddess of the hunt and the moon!
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sure thing, @kat13254!
mage

queer and here.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:09 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

Can I be Mercury?
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm sorry, but Mercury's already been taken @Danni88! Is there someone else you want to take?
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

As a quick heads up, I should have my character profiles up by tomorrow morning! You can reference them when making your own characters, and I'll also post the lore at right around the same time.
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:05 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Is Minerva claimed? If not, then I'd like to tentatively claim her :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Oxara showed interest in her, but I think they said they'd be okay with using a different god if someone claimed her!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The lore is now up! Hopefully it gives you a better idea of what's going on in this storybook, and the profiles for Matt (my character who's in the same boat as everyone else) and Oz (the guy who sent the letters and will become their leader) should help with coming up with characters.

As a word of advice, I'm going to suggest that you have your character have one big event in their past - you're free to make more, but it'll be fun if we all have something that really defines our characters. Another fun twist I have planned is that the gods have had a tendency to run into each other all along. Margaret (Matt's wife from centuries ago) and the soldier who deserted in Oz's profile are both gods, and I'm down for similar things happening with your characters! Also feel free to have some of your characters already know each other, though I request that they don't know that their friends/lovers/people they know are immortal.
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:45 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

May I be Diana please?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:48 pm
Mageheart says...

I'm sorry, @Elinor, but @kat13254 already claimed her! Is there anyone else you're interested in claiming? As long as they're not on the list on the actual sb's first post, you can claim them!
mage

queer and here.

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
— H. Jackson Brown