z

Young Writers Society

Bo Wu [DT]

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:09 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Loved the post Shey!!

Quickie question that I always ask before an SB gets into motion cause I’m a weirdo like that. Is there a required tense? If not what’s everyone gonna do? I’m personally better at first person but I also wouldn’t want to be the only person doing so.

Halp!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:26 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@HazelGrace16 Unless an SB specifically asks for a tense - usually third or first - you can pretty much do whatever floats your boat, m'dear! And it would be completely fine if you were to be the only person to do so, because well, it would be what floats your boat.

That's usually how it works, anyway
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm
sheysse says...

@HazelGrace16 Exactly what @tortwag said. I'm extremely relaxed with rules in that regard.

15 Reviews

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:52 am
HazelGrace16 says...

I hope to get a post up soon. I’m at college orientation right now so I cannot post this week, but hopefully by the end of the weekend!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:19 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

As for mine, it's planned! Writing it little by little.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

176 Reviews

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 am
sheysse says...

@HazelGrace16 That's fine! Take your time.

@Tortwag Awesome! I'm looking forward to reading it. ;)

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:33 pm
Lael says...

I'll do my best to write a post ASAP.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:39 pm
Chaser says...

Surprise! Or should I say, Bu!

anyway i posted
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

81 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:59 pm
Lael says...

@Chaser nice post. Only I'm kind of confused about something: is Bu's given name Bu or Xiahou? It's rare for Chinese surnames to be 2 characters, but I definitely know it's a thing (such as Sima in your post), so I just wanted to make sure.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

177 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:09 pm
Chaser says...

His given name is Bu. Xiahou is the surname from Xiahou Dun, that general who ate his eye.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

81 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:30 pm
Lael says...

I see. :) Thanks for the clarification.

176 Reviews

15 Reviews

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

I am sorry for the short post. If I am completely honest I struggled with how to start the journey for my character. Hopefully it only goes uphill from here!

176 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:58 am
sheysse says...

@HazelGrace16 The length was fine! Wonderful post, by the way. I appreciated the igo part, considering I play that game like an addict. XD

177 Reviews

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:21 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

Great post, @Lael!

A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
— Roald Dahl