z

Young Writers Society

The Occult [DT]

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:32 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Is there a plan for when we're starting this?
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

We'll start it once everyone has their characters in. If that takes awhile, we could technically start it.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey everyone! The first post and challenge are up. I was planning on waiting for more people to get their characters in, but I think we can get away with doing some introductory posts in the meantime. Since we're not getting into the actual plot for another round, I'd suggest focusing on your characters and not have them interact as much with the other people's characters. You're totally free to do something like that, but I just want to make sure we don't get too much into the mystery surrounding the missing children.
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:37 am
View Likes
atlast says...

Real quick apology for not having a character ready. If I'm being honest I low-key forgot about the storybooks I'm in atm because band camp just started and all that. I'm gonna work on a character and hopefully have it up in the next few days. Sorry again!
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Everyone - excluding @GodHatesShane, but please don't feel rushed to get one in! - has submitted a character now. @BiruKun, it's going to be fun having another demon from Hell! Lana is from there, while Gabriel is a fallen angel and Issac is from Earth. And @AliceinBluue, I love how there's a sibling dynamic going on with Jake and Macy! I've been binging Supernatural some more and there's just something really neat about siblings facing evil together.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey there, everyone! I just wanted to remind you guys that this storybook is still alive and kicking, and is definitely in need of some more posts. Don't feel pressured to get one out soon, but it would be good to know who is planning on posting in the near future.

Right now only @kat13254 and I have gone, and I know Kat is planning another post with her other character. That means @shaniac, @corvidconvalescence, @SirenCymbaline, @Feather, @AliceinBluue and @BiruKun can all post!

If you're having trouble figuring out what to write, I could have a brainstorming session over on the Saeverse discord server or in this storybook's pad! We could also talk about it here, if that's what you prefer.

Once we get all of our introductory posts out of the way, we can get into the juicy details of the story! And if it turns out the introductions really aren't coming along, we can skip right to that part instead.

I'm down for whatever you guys want to do!

mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:37 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Ayy, sorry I been slackin on my first post. Imma try come up with newer better ideas to rejuvenate what I'm working on.

Btw my post will be set before kat's post, so if you have a post, don't bother to wait for me, mine shouldn't get in the way of yours in terms of the timeline.

That said... I'll try not to take too long. ><

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:05 am
Mageheart says...

Don't worry about it, @SirenCymbaline! Post whenever you can post, and thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
mage

queer and here.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:44 am
View Likes
AliceinBluue says...

Fingers crossed my post should be up by Sunday!!!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:15 am
Mageheart says...

@AliceinBluue , thanks for letting me now! If you can't get it up then, that's alright with me. I just appreciate knowing that you're trying.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:12 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@SirenCymbaline's currently working on a post, so hopefully this storybook will be up and running again. <3 It looks like a lot of people aren't interested in doing introductory posts, so I might start working on a more concrete plot for the next round and post my ideas for it after Siren posts here. That way we can keep this storybook moving!
mage

queer and here.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:36 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Adventurer(s): @Saen, @shaniac, @corvidconvalescence, @BiruKun, @kat13254, @FalconerGal9086, @AliceinBluue, @SirenCymbaline, @GodHatesShane

Storybook: The Occult

The Challenge: The story begins!

As the it says above, the story has officially begun! Our characters have finally begun to arrive in Creston - or, in the case of one character, already live there - and are starting to look more into whatever brought them there in the first place. Since we don't know much about the characters, this post will serve as an introduction. You'll need to at least hint at why your character(s) came to Creston, as well as make a reference or two to some secret that they have.

Completion Time: ten posts

Credits Awarded: You can receive up to four credits; one for posting, one for including a hint as to why your character is involved in this storybook, one for hinting at some secret they have and one for having your post be at least six hundred words.

Does this storybook have a specific ritual for its death ceremonies? Hmm, either way, this challenge has expired!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

59 Reviews

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@kat13254 @FalconerGal9086 @shaniac @corvidconvalescence @AliceinBluue @BiruKun

Heyo, Occult peeps! I'm currently working on a post with Saen, which will end up being posted by her or me depending on group priorities.

Saen wants to use her next post to get all our charries together, since people don't seem to want to write introduction posts, so I might end up adding the new stuff onto my last post and just tag everyone when it's been updated.

Anyway, everyone, just let us know if you'd like to go with this plan and have your character be introduced in Sae's next post when everyone gets brought together, or warn us if you still wanted to write an intro post and we'll make a new plan. Just let us know which one suits you soon, okay?

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

I'm writing an intro post for Lana
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

I'm fine with whatever~

Also I'm always down to collab if you don't mind a hand!
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Everything is a lot of things!
— Hank Green