z

Young Writers Society

Dragons of Mystic DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon May 21, 2018 10:22 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

It's been three years, but the sequel is finally here! @Wolfical, @SpiritedWolfe, @Saen, @Sheyren, @soundofmind, @Ventomology, and @Omnom, are you ready for an unforgettable journey? If so, then hop off the hype train and reserve your spot. I need you to do this even if you're in the Discord server already, since some people might not be very active in there, or might simply follow the story without wishing to participate.

We need a decent character cast for this storybook, so even if you don't think you'll participate much, please create a character anyway. You can still discuss characterisation with me, but then I'll handle your dragon as a secondary character. If you become available at any point, you'll at least have somebody for whom to write, and if you cease being available after a while, I shall then simply resume taking care of them until you are once again available.

If you are really, really, REALLY interested in joining the storybook but weren't tagged, go ahead and request to join! Just know that I shall ask three things of you if you are to participate:
Spoiler! :
1. Be involved — communication between you and the rest of the cast will be essential, and if you can't join the Discord server for whatever reason, at least communicate regularly via PM, DT, or WFP.
2. Be consistent — I have seen time and again that it is the dedication of the participants that determine whether a storybook lives or dies, so once you join, I'll expect you to remain committed for months, potentially years; if you lose interest and fail to communicate with me, you will be dismissed and forfeit ownership of your character.
3. Be cooperative — I consider myself fair, so I'll listen to your ideas and suggestions and try my best to accommodate them, but remember that I have the final say and shall expect you to accept my decisions.

I promise that this venture will not disappoint any of you. Give me your time and effort, and I'll give you something to cherish.

Oh, and just so that you don't need to swap between the main page and the DT just to check, here is the CT section from the main post:

Our characters will be spending the minimal amount of time in Mystic. It will be longer than in the first storybook, but in the context of the storybook's duration, it's going to be relatively short. Familial history is irrelevant, so keep it brief and focus more on social and occupational history. Personality and combat acumen will be the largest focus of this SB, but I'll guide you all through that. Work on your character profile in this pad, if you don't mind, but if it's not possible, feel free to suggest any other means.

Code: Select all
[b]True Name:[/b]

[b]Chosen Name:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Primary Affinity:[/b]

[b]Secondary Affinity:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Desires:[/b]

[b]Fears:[/b]

[b]Quirks:[/b]

[b]Interests:[/b]

[b]Combat Experience:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Beliefs:[/b]

[b]Reason for Contact:[/b]
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2018 10:37 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Soundtrack

1. Mystical Dragons | Main Theme
2. A Grave Letter | Opening Theme
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon May 21, 2018 11:29 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

This looks absolutely amazing, Hunter! You put so much work into it wow! I'm proud of you <3

I'll definitely be stalking! :3 Let me know if you need help advertising or anything.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu May 24, 2018 5:11 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Well, that looks intimidatingly awesome. chuckle Which is fitting, considering rPMD's presentation :3

That being said, I have sent a join request, m'dear! I do hope that you'll be fine with me onboard.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Thu May 24, 2018 6:11 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I didn't realise when you said you'd read through the introductory post that there was a possibility of you joining, but as long as you keep the spoiler in mind, then sure, you're welcome aboard. :P
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sat May 26, 2018 3:44 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Anyone mind if I do a rolecall? I'm obviously here. XD
— Paul the Apostle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat May 26, 2018 4:31 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm here as well!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat May 26, 2018 8:34 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I am in this thing :3
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat May 26, 2018 11:37 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I also exist within the limits of this realm!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun May 27, 2018 12:09 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Yo
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:54 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

We're not even at the second page of the DT yet? My heart... </3

Well, we need to fix that! Buggie and Wolfe are away on work/vacation, and sound dropped out, but the rest of us still have work to do. I'll post a challenge either today or tomorrow and then fully offer myself to anyone who needs my assistance. I might be DMing people to talk about their characters, since Saen and Tort are basically done, and others might need inspiration. Finishing my own CP is obviously high on the priority list, since you don't even have an example CP. D:
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:31 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Our first storybook challenge is up! You now get credits for making a character profile, which is mandatory in any case, so yay for free rewards! (I forgot to announce it here, for which I am most ashamed! Kidding. XD) You're free to claim credits as soon as the CP is done - it doesn't need to be submitted for that. But I'll probably only award credits once the challenge expires. In the meantime, I hope you're all surviving! I have Moral Support Beams to fire at anybody who needs them. :P
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:01 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The end of the month, and therefore the end of our challenge, is nigh! The server is where we're mostly chatting and discussing the SB, but activity in the DT is also kind of necessary, so... who's hyped for this metaphorical dragon to spread its wings and finally lift its bulky rear off the ground?! :D

@DragonNoir, I'm not sure if you've taken note of this thread yet, but it's where storybook discussion usually takes place. If you hit the subscribe button up there, you'll be notified whenever somebody posts here, so ensure you do that. (Gosh, I feel like a YouTuber trying to promote his fledgling channel.)

PS: Please leave a message here, rather than just liking the message, people. The lack of substance is becoming depressing. XD
— Paul the Apostle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:22 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm hyped! I can't wait to see our characters develop as the story starts and progresses. <3

(I'd also like to apologize in advance if there's ever a time where I just like a post and don't reply - I tend to check YWS a lot at school to see what my new notifs are, but often don't have the chance to write up replies to things until I get home.)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

293 Reviews

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Me neither, Saen! And I'm perfectly fine with likes to a post, but since we're still only on page one and discussion is mostly limited to the Discord server, it's just for now. I hope you're not being overwhelmed by schoolwork! You're in Sophomore or Junior year, right?
— Paul the Apostle

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg