Young Writers Society

Dragons of Mystic DT

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Senior year, actually! So I've been mainly busy with college applications this year, but I'm hoping things will be a lot less stressful once I finished applying.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:32 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Page two, wooo!

I'm looking forward to stalking this SB and seeing where y'all take it! :3
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:54 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

That's awesome, Saen! Good luck with those applications, since they can become tedious after a while. I wish you much patience! XD

Wolfical! Yes, we're finally on page two, and this is probably the happiest I've ever been to see a second page of anything. I'll have my second character profile done by next week, but I'll PM it to you for feedback before I finalise it.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:14 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

aHA! I exist as well! Gaze upon my comment of unsPEAKABLE greatness!

The challenge is ending! Yay! I'll have to look at Afterglow again tonight, and take some time to confirm that he's officially ready to be submitted whenever you give the call, m'dear.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:34 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@AstralHunter, @DragonNoir, @Saen, @Sheyren
@SpiritedWolfe, @Tortwag, @Ventomology

The Challenge: The SB hasn't started yet, and though there are many good reasons for that, it's time to complete our character profiles! Buggie/Ventomology has already written four and will choose one after we're all done, and Saen and Tortwag have both finished theirs as well, so they've already earned credits for this challenge. For the rest of us, completion of our character profiles will earn us three credits. I'm open to questions in either Discord or the DT, but I shall answer in both, so as to accommodate everyone.

Completion Time: An extension has been granted! We'll have until the end of October to finish our character profiles. By then, I want to start discussing first posts and general expositionary arcs.

Credits Awarded: 3 per person

Expired quite a while ago, but most of us got our CPs done anyway, so yay! (Wolfe will finish hers when her schedule allows it.) The new challenge has been posted. ^_^

Again. if anybody has any ideas they'd like to discuss with me so long, I'm all for it! Otherwise, if you're waiting to read my post for some guidelines, that's fine, too. I'll keep you guys updated as things develop.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:29 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Lovely post, Hunter!
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:06 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Thanks, Wolfical! I'm glad you liked it. Any comments on/recommendations for Evergreen?
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:56 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

No recommendations! The prism communication is a neat idea. Draconic cellular telephones! d:
and do not be afraid.

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

As mentioned in Discord, I LOVE that you actually took the skateboard thing and are making it a cultural aspect of this city - I can't wait to see how you're gonna describe it XD

But yeah, this was a very useful post, and I'm glad you introduced enough things for us to picture Basdan Azarka with more clarity. It's also nice to just see Direlight visibly enjoy himself, so yay!

The only thing that comes to mind, discussion-wise, is how to represent Power. I'm not entirely sure if you're going with the Typical Aura Look way, or if it looks different for each user.
Oh, yeah, and the bestiary, too! I have no idea what kind of monsters we'll be slaying, but I'm totally up with trying to come up with things to run by you.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:01 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Thanks, Wolfical! Because yeah, draconic cellphones were indeed an idea I figured would be cool to have.

And that's a good question, Tortwag! The eyes of dragons always seemed somewhat important, considering that some people believe looking into a dragon's eyes allows you to read their thoughts - but also allows you to read thers - so I figured if the irises glowed slightly when they expended Power, that'd be a neat touch. Besides that, though, you can't tell, and dragons expend Power so frequently, it costs very little effort. If you want to take it in terms of "mana", unlocking a door with Power would deplete as much of it as you would deplete your energy by unlocking a door with a key. (However, just as you could get rusty keys or jammed doors, you can occasionally get versions of draconic technology where you'd need more effort as well, although these are much rarer, since the draconic technology is infinitely more efficient and durable.) I'll edit it into the post and also relay this in the server.
— Paul the Apostle

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:01 am
Omni says...

Your challenge expired! I see a lot of potential with what you can do for the next challenge, and I can't wait to see it!

@AstralHunter, @DragonNoir, @Saen, @Sheyren
@SpiritedWolfe, @Tortwag, @Ventomology

The Challenge: All but one character profile has been submitted, which means we can finally start writing! Of course, I'll need to post first to set the precedence, but after that, I'd like to see your characters going about their daily lives, even when their letter arrives. Use this limited time in Mystic to portray your character's general circumstances as well as you can before the motoric events are set into motion.

Completion Time: Given our track record, I think having everybody write their first post before the end of the year would be nice, but if you can't, take it easy. There's no rush.

Credits Awarded: 2 per person per post, and 2 more if your character manages to go about their everyday affairs inconspicuously, even after receiving Direlight's letter. For my characters, this applies to doing the same after sending the letters instead.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

293 Reviews

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The challenge has been reposted! Guys, please don't make me repost it next month again. XD

PS: @Magestorrow and @TinkerTwaggy, I had forgotten to take your new usernames into account, so you weren't tagged. (I love that even after I edited them in the post, the list was still in alphabetical order.)
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:05 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Well, I'm out of exams for now, so I'll try to use that as momentum to catch up with SBs in general. Sorry for being so late! Afterglow's post is still in the works - juuuust gonna pull it out of hibernation, is all.

293 Reviews

Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:34 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@AstralHunter, @DragonNoir, @Magestorrow, @Sheyren
@SpiritedWolfe, @TinkerTwaggy, @Ventomology

The Challenge: It's February, which means exams ought to be over for most of you! While that doesn't mean your teachers will give you any less homework, I do expect you at least to try writing something. You already know that you need your character to address the letter either before or after returning from work, so the "what" is at least covered. Even so, DM me at any time if you feel you need help! We just need to get through the exposition if we're to find our tempo.

Completion Time: I asked for the end of last year to be a deadline, but for understandable reasons, that didn't happen. The horrible month that is January has finally passed, so I trust you are in a better spot to finish your post now! This challenge expires basically in March. Please don't make me reissue it yet again. XD

Credits Awarded: "2 per person per post, and 2 more if your character manages to go about their everyday affairs inconspicuously, even after receiving Direlight's letter. For my characters, this applies to doing the same after sending the letters instead." ← Still that.

This has now well and properly expired. Besides my own, there has only been one other post. @Tortwag has at least communicated that he has a post in progress, and @Ventomology has stated her preference for Brighteel to be introduced a bit later, which leaves us with @SpiritedWolfe (who'll get back to us when we can), @Magestorrow, and @Sheyren. I know our two siblings are very busy with school, but can we at least get an idea of when you'll be able to write? (This challenge will not be reposted, by the way — the next one will be after everyone has made their first post.)
— Paul the Apostle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:15 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, guys.

I've been thinking things over, and I don't think this storybook is the right fit for me. It's an awesome idea, and I can't wait to hear how it turns out, but I just can't see myself writing for it right now.

Even though I never officially wrote a post for this, it was a blast doing the scheming for this with all of you, and I hope we can write together in the future! <3
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance