z

Young Writers Society

Damocles DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:16 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@corvidconvalescence Well, there was no... killing involved in that plan? I mean, I certainly didn't mention it. 'Cause um, killing humans to save a forest wouldn't bring in much support, anyway.

@kat13254 To be fair, she wouldn't have to be emotional about it, since it kinda makes sense. "Don't kill the forest = the planet lives longer, with us in it." But eh, depends of what Cyra wants to do.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:20 pm
Corvid says...

oh. my bad, then.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

40 Reviews

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:56 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

'Tis no problem, m'dear!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:33 am
Elfboy says...

@Tortwag I think Lux would be up for it, if he has nothing better to do. Which he doesn't, as he has no major plans for life outside the lab, outside of living it to the fullest.
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:26 am
Europa says...

@Tortwag Ivy would be more interested in not getting recaptured by the government than saving a forest, and thinks her plan might draw too much attention while they're still being hunted, so for her it would be a hard and fast no.she probably would go if everyone else pressured her, but she wouldn't help unless it was to rescue her teammates when/if they got in trouble.

Dawn would think it's cool she wanted to save a giant forest, and putting her powers to the test might be fun, but she also has more things she wants to do first, and isn't really keen on the idea of separating from her sister.

It also depends on where we would put it in the SB. We'll just have to see where it goes for a while, but totally keep that idea in store!

40 Reviews

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:34 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Europa The thing is, if she lays low before initiating the plan to learn about the place first, she'll literally have the entire forest as her playground for hide & seek. So even if they are being hunted, it would take a lot of resources, time and effort to find 1 or several super-powered people inside the biggest forest of the planet.

Now obviously, this is still a personal character plot point thing - it has no ties to the actual plotline you've cooked for us, m'dear, so it shan't be initiated until the plot itself allows me to pull it off. It all depends on you!

@EthanHoover Yeeeeah, that sorta makes sense. Living in a lab a good chunk of your life isn't fun, after all.

48 Reviews

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 pm
View Likes
Elfboy says...

Hey, good but unrelated news! I got the Literary Spotlight on my flash fiction piece "Early Retirement" !

--Vision

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 pm
AliceinBluue says...

@EathanHoover oh gosh, I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to you, life got hectic. But as for things you should know about Nova, the more emotional she is, the harder it is for her to control her power, and too much of anything is Not Good for her.

And congratulations on the Literary Spotlight!!!!!!

48 Reviews

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:58 am
Elfboy says...

@AliceinBluue No problem, and thanks! That should play in nicely...

--Vision

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 am
Corvid says...

Could someone please post next instead of me? I don't think I'll be able to write up a post this week, and I'd hate to keep the SB from taking off.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

45 Reviews

Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:17 pm
Europa says...

@corvidconvalescence I can take a crack at it.

40 Reviews

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:29 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

And now that my exams are over, so can I! I've got quite a few SB posts to catch up, including this one, so, I'll start working on something.

I can't guarantee that I'll be the next one posting, but yeah, just a heads-up.

45 Reviews

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:40 pm
Europa says...

My post is up! @Tortwag, do you want to pick it up from here?

48 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:24 pm
Elfboy says...

Looks great, I'll try to post after Tortwag. One thing though, is Tortwag's character Teresa or Theresa? I just saw that it says the former in the character post, but the latter in the story post(with the exception of the first use of the name: then it's Teresa). I don't really care, but we should err on the side of consistency.

--Vision

45 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:30 pm
Europa says...

@EthanHoover it's probably Teresa, but I'm on mobile until further notice and my phone autocorrects the name's spelling for some reason, and I'll confess to being too lazy to go through and change it.

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio