z

Young Writers Society

Damocles DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:29 pm
Europa says...

@EthanHoover Welcome! the people who currently don't have partners are Lukas, Angel and Nova, so it's a choice between those three.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 am
Elfboy says...

Hmm... It seems like Nova and Lux would work well for a drop of conflict at a personal level, like oil and water. That should add something for in-between moments, some space between the action. If there are no objections, I think they would make a interesting pair to be stuck together, reliant upon each other and having to get over their differences.
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:59 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@EthanHoover Hellooooo, wonderful new member! Though I personally don't know who'll post next, the storyline's currently simple enough for you to follow it without trouble, m'dear. I know I got a post in the works, but I'll only publish it by next week, since that's after my final exams of the year.

In the meantime, happy scheming!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

48 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:44 am
Elfboy says...

Thanks! I've read up on what we have so far, the DT chat from start to finish, and all of the character sheets. I have a vague idea for a post involving Lux and Nova's crash. Which brings up the question: are we going to write all five crashes?

--Vision

45 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:03 am
Europa says...

@EthanHoover that really is up to you. If you don't want to write the actual crash, you could always start from the aftermath.

48 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:32 pm
Elfboy says...

Alright. I'll wait 'till next post to decide. I feel consistently is important. So does anyone have any ideas about our heroes' background and/or important plot points? Or perhaps something to share about his/her character(s)?

--Vision

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:03 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@EthanHoover I certainly do! Oh, and hey, you have a Beyonders avatar. Fun book - since I only read the first one.

Anyway, yes!

•First off, Teresa definitely wants to play the God of Destruction, because it sounds like fun. She has enough info on humans to know how stupid they can be. So, her first idea is to save the Amazon forest, disguised as a ghostly protector to prevent humans from further destroying it, while allowing researchers to properly show to the world how amazing the forest is - she would reinforce that by publically trying to reach out for them as well.
She’s practiced her Portuguese specifically to talk – in scary fashion – to those who attempt to destroy it for its wood and communicate with the locals. Teresa wants to have an extended life and impact in the world, and she feels as though stopping humans from doing meaningless things for narrow-minded goals is one way to do so.

So yeah, she definitely wants to go to Brazil first. She's not particularly environmentalist or anything, she just realizes that if that forest goes, it'll cause problems for the job she assigns herself to.
Oh and, she'd prefer to go with Dawn, since here power would be super important to regrow the poor forest, but if she has to go solo for this, uh, she will.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

48 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:30 pm
Elfboy says...

@Tortwag Thanks, any extra info really helps. I want to portray everyone's wonderful characters correctly.

P.S. Yeah, I love those books! Brandon Mull is my favorite author.

--Vision

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:05 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Interesting favorite choice, m'dear.

And you're welcome! Hopefully, it does help for portrayal, yes, but don't worry! The Edit button is always close in case of last second trouble!

48 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:26 pm
Elfboy says...

Thanks, good to know.

@AliceinBluue are you good with Nova sharing a plane with Lux? And if so, anything you want me to know about her before I write a post?

--Vision

48 Reviews

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:37 pm
Elfboy says...

Just for the information of anyone who's read Lux's sheet, I have changed his GoD(Was that intentionally made to spell god?) leaning to mostly pro. It fits his character more, I think.

--Vision

45 Reviews

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:12 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@EthanHoover no, it wasn't, but I'm going to pretend it does because it makes me look clever.

As for characters, one thing about Ivy is she always does things in the quickest and most direct way. She doesn't think any other way really makes sense. She's mostly really blunted often brutally honest in her manner of talking, with a very dry sense of humor. She also tends to fight dirty, since it gets the job done quicker than keeping more to the rule book. Any material thing that she doesn't see a use for kinda drive her crazy, namely fountains ("all they do is waste space and water!/Don't people have better ways to use their money than just dropping it in there?") and Cogito's cravats ("they don't keep you warm, they certainly don't help you blend in, why would you waste your money on that?")

Dawn is the fun sister. She understands the "just because" aspects of life better than Ivy does, and is much more aware of how her words and actions affect others. Really, her main goal upon getting out is to have a good time. She's very open to new experiences, but is easily distracted and can be a little too impulsive. basically, whatever one sister lacks, the other makes up for.

40 Reviews

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:51 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Mostly Pro. Got it! Thanks for the info, m'dear!

...Oh. It does spell God. Heh. Fun!

Oh, right, Dawn's the fun sister. Ah, well - guess Teresa will have to find herself some NPCs if she wants to save that poor Amazonian forest. ...Eh, but then again, trying to stop idiot humans from burning down the lung of the Earth wouldn't exactly be farfetched, at the very least.

Who'd be interested in that plot point, realistically? Since I don't know what the other characters' personal goals are.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:41 pm
kat13254 says...

Cyra would go along with it, although, she wouldn't be very, ehm, emotional with her reasons. She also wouldn't be very convincing unless yknow, people are into straight facts.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:13 pm
Corvid says...

A'isha would probably go along with saving the forest, but she wouldn't really want to kill for it, if that was something the other characters would want to do. Intimidation, sure, but not killing.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau