z

Young Writers Society

Damocles DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed May 09, 2018 3:45 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh, right! How many of those do we got again? Let's see...

•Ivy/Cogito;

•Cyra/A'isha;

•Dawn/Teresa. That's what we have so far.

@AliceinBluue, @citrus4nite and @Oswin1800, d'you guys want any paring in particular, m'dears? *waves* Hi, by the way, random new guy and expert poke-er. You may kill me whenever it begins to bother you - provided you murder my sorry butt with a guillotine, specifically :mrgreen:

Anyway, good luck with your school work, Kat!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Wed May 09, 2018 3:51 pm
kat13254 says...

No its not an educational trip per say, it's a trip to a Island of France, St Pierre. It's more a exploration trip than a education trip!
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

40 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2018 4:40 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Wait... then, that means you're going to an island from the overseas communities owned by my country! Oh, boy, that glorious coincidence XD Enjoy the trip, m'dear! Well, they don't exactly speak the same way as with the mainland language, but eh, the adventure's what matters.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

9 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 09, 2018 4:43 pm
kat13254 says...

Yeah I was in paris about a month ago as a school trip lol(London Paris and Rome!) I'm just a small Canadian world traveller lmao
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

40 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2018 4:46 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Pff, the "small" part doesn't matter, m'dear, travel builds up necessary experience points to handle the world, or at the very least, understand and adapt to it :3 Plus, well, y'know. It's fun.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun May 13, 2018 12:43 am
View Likes
Europa says...

In case anyone was wondering, these are Ivy and Dawn's character relationships. This is really just something I personally like to do, and you guys don't have to post anything if you don't want to. Also, nothing here is set in stone, so if you want anything changed let me know!

Ivy

A'isha (@corvidconvalescence): she's chill with her. Ivy and A'isha have a lot in common personality wise, so they tend to get along well. Ivy pretends not to like her puns, but secretly she thinks they're pretty funny. The pun battles she and Dawn get into can get pretty irritating though.

Dawn (me): Ivy thinks of everyone in the group as her family, but Dawn is the one she's closest to. For one, they're actually sisters. Ivy and Dawn grew up practically attached at the hip. She doesn't feel complete without her and the fear of losing her is a constant phantom in her life, especially in a situation like this.

Cogito (@Chaser): He's like a brother to her and she'd move heaven and earth for him, but she'd also deck him for a corn chip. The two aren't just close friends, they're intense rivals. Ivy and Cogito are constantly trying to outdo each other, they bicker a lot, and pull pranks on each other more than is necessary, but they care for each other a lot. They're an interesting pair to be around, to say the least.

Nova (@AliceinBluue): Ivy understands she's been through a lot. She respects the girl's fighting spirit and tends to go out of her way to not push her too far out of her comfort zone, despite her protests Ivy is very protective of Nova.

Lucas (@citrus4nite): She mostly knows him as Dawn's friend. Even through they grew up together, the two don't really have a relationship.

Cyra (@kat13254) Ivy appreciates her smarts, and will often rely on her for any sort of fact check or number crunching. She thinks that her admiration of A'isha is pretty adorable, but hopes A'isha won't be a bad influence on her.

Angel (@Oswin1800): he's a sweet guy, and he likes that he's nice to Argo, but she often gets annoyed with how lazy he is.

Teresa (@Tortwag): she's cool, but the whole poking thing annoys Ivy since she isn't big on people invading her personal space.

Dawn

Ivy (me): she'd do anything for her sister, and relies on her strength a lot. She's also the only one who can convince Ivy to loosen up occasionally and take her mind off the serious stuff.

A'isha (@corvidconvalescene): Dawn thinks she's hilarious. She'll often engage in vicious pun wars that are known to go on for several minutes at a time.

Cyra (@kat13254): her staunchly logical view can sometimes catch her off guard, but Dawn likes her well enough.

Cogito (@Chaser): Dawn has a bit of a crush on him, but also knows he isn't interested. They're pretty good friends, but Dawn can get a little awkward given how she feels about him.

Nova (@AliceinBluue): She reminds Dawn a lot of Ivy, which makes her fun to mess with. She tries to let any sharp comments roll off her shoulders.

Lucas (@citrus4nite): if Dawn had to make a list of favorite people that wasn't her sister, he'd be on top. He's easy to talk to, and puts up with her when she's being insane. Plus, if she asks really nicely multiple times, sometimes he'll share his candy.

Angel (@Oswin1800): He's very playful and fun to be around. Dawn admires his ability to go with the flow, and she wishes Ivy weren't so hard on him. So he sometimes doesn't have the best work ethic. He's still a cool guy.

Teresa (@Tortwag): she actually intimidated her a bit. However brace she is poking at Ivy and Nova, Teresa tends to cow her quite often

40 Reviews

Sun May 13, 2018 10:21 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

*chuckle* Teresa prolly wouldn't poke a friend who doesn't want to, except as an accepted inside joke, but y'know what, these are very interesting to look at! I didn't have basic schemes for the relationships yet, but hey, might as well join the fun at some point.

Thanks for sharing this, m'dear, I think it's interesting.

Hmm... I need a "can I touch?" rule before poking... *adds to future dialogue scenes if necessary*

45 Reviews

Mon May 14, 2018 10:02 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Alright. After fleshing it out more with Chaser, my lovely co-manager, here's the details on the situation of this first arc.

Dr. Tucker sent the gang all off with a rediculous amount of money and a few valuable possessions, then packed them off in small two-seater planes that have been painted with Tucker's message of destruction. The autopilot on the aircrafts malfunctioned and shut down, causing all of them to crash land in various points in the southern United States.

We also thought that people seeing what was painted on the planes could cause a lot of panic and speculation. Maybe seeing a warning of the arrival of gods of destruction could spark some kind of cult?

What do you guys think?

9 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 pm
kat13254 says...

Love the idea
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

40 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2018 10:17 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Europa That's a pretty cool idea!

That being said, realistically, a lot of people would see as a scam - "why the heck would 'gods of destruction' take planes to travel around" - most would ignore it (especially if they crash in the USA, because um, none of the other continents will care until it affects them directly, or have fewer chances to hear about the news), but considering how religious some parts of US tend to be, some would certainly make a cult out of it, yes.

45 Reviews

Fri May 25, 2018 10:41 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Well @Chaser, guess Cogito's found his disciples.

Also as of now I'm about halfway through the opening post. My goal is to get it up during the first week of summer at the latest!

45 Reviews

Sat May 26, 2018 11:52 pm
Europa says...

I'm trying to decide, should they already have their new names, or do they come up with them later on? If e have a bit where their naming each other in the story it would give context for Ivy's nickname, and her naming Angel, but I'm not sure how we'd go about it where it still kind of fits in with the story.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 27, 2018 1:31 am
kat13254 says...

It could be on a per person basis, I have it in my character history that she got the nickname by a caretaker at the facility
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

40 Reviews

Sun May 27, 2018 1:09 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Europa In my case, Teresa would definitely have hers as soon as possible, since she's already planned where to go, why, and what to do. So yeah, same as Kat - I think it should depend on the person.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun May 27, 2018 4:31 pm
AliceinBluue says...

If we’re all kinda leaning towards our characters having chosen names being a thing before they escape, we could possibly make it so that the chosen names were a closely guarded secret. So like, when the experimenters were watching they all called each other by their assigned names, but in those stolen moments of privacy, they called each other by their chosen names to remind them that they are all more than just an experiment or something like that.

If we go for a case by case basis, Nova would have come up with her name before the escape, but it would have only been a thing after she shoved too much energy into that one person.

"I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life"
— ShadowVyper